Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   I ROBOT......Romba (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/i-robot-romba-39455/)

STUMPMI 10-16-2012 11:11 AM

I ROBOT......Romba

Does anyone else have 1 of these things?

Talk about living like the Jetsons! We just bought this thing and its pretty cool. 1 more thing falls by the wayside off my honey do list!

The mrs leaves me daily notes of things to do like unload the dish washer, transfer clothes to the dryer etc..

NO MORE VACUUMING FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS THING DOES THE WHOLE HOUSE ALL BY ITS SELF!
Its a Robotic Vacuum cleaner! and its amazeing how much crap it actually vacuums up!
We have one of those expensive KIRBYS...and I thought it did a great job...However, this thing is amazeing! It does under the beds in the bedroom...Under the counters in the kitchen...Even under the lazy boy! It works in kinda spiratic directions...But it covers the floors every where! You can even schedule it to do it when no ones home just for the sake of never haveing to vacuum by hand ever again! It goes in and arouind furniture...under the end tables,coffee tables kitchen table and chairs....
This is just to cool!...It comes with its own docking station..and cleaning utensils for grooming the brushs etc..(If they get full of excessive pet hair etc)...Also when it gets low on charge it knows where it is no matter where or what room its in the house it finds it!! The tough part for me...Is when its finished...I have to empty the tray that it collects all the crap in! Slide the drawer out...dump it in the trash and thats it! LMAO.....It collects up tons of dog and cat hair that you thought u got with the KIrby!.....So, Gents...If you really wanna make the mrs happy...and lessen her daily chores....
You gota get her 1 of these I ROBOT Romba Vacuums!
I know this isnt really something a Dude would get excited about...But, when your retired like me...Being honest...Honey do chores are a must...If you want to keep the Mrs Happy! Am I right Rick? Wayne? You guys know what Im talking about....:cool:

Whats that saying?
A Happy wife makes for a Happy Life! Am I right Fellas???......
I get a chance the next time its running around here I'll add a video of it! Its too cool!:thumbsup:

Space 10-16-2012 11:19 AM

Hi `David,
Are the below vacuum's the one's you are posting about ?

Do they make female robot's to ? :rotfl:
ps. Off topic, I don't get Discovery Channel (Don't have cable), but I did get
to watch the vid online of the guy jumping from `space & breaking the
record (WoW) he's crazy, but it looked liked crazy fun 4-Sure !!!
Thanks for your post(s)

STUMPMI 10-16-2012 11:25 AM

We just purchased the I robot Roomba Model # 585...we spent $279.00.
It just pretty amazeing what they come up with now a days!

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they come up with your "suggested" female model Space!:rotfl:

That was pretty neat to see that insane dude jump from that height for sure!
Sorry you dont have the discovery channel...
But I figured since you see those Space Launchs... in person...That maybe you might have found another way to catch that "Space Dive" live!

Space 10-16-2012 11:30 AM

:rolleyes: Hi `David, below is a high-jack of your thread (LOL)
They already make them...Wouldn't it be great if eveything had a on & off switch :eek: O-Oh, I'm in trouble now ~> :rotfl:
Isn't it just amazing what you may see & learn on the MCF..Another crazy reason to return & join in on the fun (LOL)
Whose is going to order one ? (LOL) I've already placed mine order(LOL) I can't post what options I requested (LOL)
Oh, they can also drive your Monte Carlo when you have consumed to many drinks...They are just amazing..
They are all programed for `fun & never to hurt humans...I know a few humans I'd like to replace with Robot's (LOL)

ROBOT GIRLFRIENDS ON SALE IN JAPAN

By Frank Lake

OSAKA- Robot girlfriends are on sale now in Japan. Buy two for the price of one!
The Japanese roboticist Hiroshi Ishiguro, from the Intelligent Robotics Laboratory, has created a small surrogate girlfriend for men (and women). The Japanese roboticist unveiled his creation in April, but it is now on sale everywhere across Japan in Seiyu (Japan’s Wal-Mart).
The android was originally called Geminoid F, but Ishiguro renamed her Chizuko (which means “the child of a thousand storks”) and is also the name of Ishiguro’s first girlfriend who dumped him for a five-foot tall accountant. Ishiguro programmed Chizuko to call him, “Stud.”
Ishiguro teamed up with Kokoro Co., Ltd. to create the realistic-looking female android says she was modeled after a woman in her twenties. She has long black hair, soft silicone skin, and a set of lifelike teeth that allow her to produce a natural smile. Here’s Chizuko with her model:
http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpre...obot_wife7.jpgChizuko with the girl she was modeled after

When female researchers at Intelligent Robotics Laboratory asked Ishiguro why he didn’t make the female android a thirty-something woman (especially considering Ishiguro is in his late 40s) Ishiguro said, “anybody want some tea?”
Chizuko is friendly, kind, always smiling and only talks when she is asked a question by her “partner” (man or woman). Ishiguro said, “She’d make a great wife for anybody. Many Japanese parents are buying them for their sons.”
The efficient design makes Chizuko easy to produce. She is on sale at Seiyu for 5 million yen (about $50,000) each. But for this week – and this week only – you can buy one and get one free. “If you consider how much you spend on a girlfriend over time, it’s a real bargain,” Ishiguro said.
At a press conference in Osaka, Chizuko spoke to reporters. “It feels great to be alive. Anybody want a date?”
No doubt it will take time for people to get used to robot girlfriends, but Ishiguro assures everyone that it they are a viable product that he expects to be as big as the iPad. “We’re neurologically hardwired to react to these androids as though they’re human beings. Once you Chizuko walking across a room in her little black dress, you won’t be able to tell the difference between Chizuko and a human female.”
The question on everyone’s mind: can Chizuko have sex? A grinning Ishiguro said, “You’ll have to buy one and see.”
Ishiguro dispelled rumors that he married Chizuko last week are false. Ishiguro is not a one- android man, he owns twelve of the female androids. “One for each room,” he said.
The female androids will go on sale at Wal-Mart in the U.S. on September 1st. As per Maria’s question below… Yes, there will be a male version on sale in December. So save up girls!
Here’s Chizuko when she was introduced to the public in April, 2010.
<IFRAME style="MAX-WIDTH: 100%" class=youtube-player height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9q4qwLknKag?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&show info=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent" frameBorder=0 width=640 type="text/html"></IFRAME>
Share this:

</TIME>

lougreen03 10-16-2012 11:40 AM

Dave you can get a mower too. Robomow RL2000 Electric Robotic Automatic Lawn Mower Trimmer - Pricefalls.com then you wont have anything to do.

http://c3336419.r19.cf0.rackcdn.com/...3c9fc2fe_1.jpg

STUMPMI 10-16-2012 11:44 AM

Thats pretty far out Space for sure! Even kinda scarry....
It be better if we could replace some world leaders with a cpl of these...and bring back the nations to a more "NORMAL" way of life!
Just wouldnt want the reverse and make things worse than they already are!

Thanks for the heads up Space!

STUMPMI 10-16-2012 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 501885)

Hey Lou.....
One thing I still very much enjoy....
Is doing my lawn!...Im on a dbl lot with a 46" cut rideing mower..That is hydrastatic drive..2 cylinder 20 horse motor....lol...
I just pack the cooler up and begin my day!.....:rotfl:
Thanks bro for the post lol

Space 10-16-2012 11:50 AM

I look forward when they can replace combat troops with robotic ones....I know that we can do `it...

I think it's sad that we have to send humans into combat around our world...I hope the technology like this can save human life's..

03JGMonte 10-16-2012 01:18 PM

Thats a sweet vaccume for sure & id love to have one of those mowers i got 40 acres to mow :eek:

red04montels 10-16-2012 03:19 PM

Too bad they're so expensive... I'm sick of vacuuming my dorm room hahaha