Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Has anyone seen a wreck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:22 AM

Yeah she was ok Enzo. She didnt have any permanent damage, she really lucked out.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guy that went to school with one of my sisters had a harley he loved to ride. He was killed in an intersection by some guy who ran the stop sign about 4 years ago. I used to be good friends with his wife's brother.

We live at a busy intersection. It's common to see 4, 5, or 6 cars run the stop sign. One right after the other.

More than once I've helped clean up an accident.

In about 1978 some idiot pulled right the jell infront of me. The streets had a layer of slush on them. He pulled across both west bound lanes (he was headed east) and just sat there. Because I had long hair at the time, the cop who responded refused to site this guy. The cop claimed he couldn't tell who was at fault? Even though witnesses on the side walk said this guy pulled infront of me. About 5 years later this guy pulled this stunt again and got his brother killed.

And I'm sure all of you are tired of hearing how I got hit head on in november, 2000 in a car I only owned 5 months to the almost exact day. Then in september, 2004 a one-armed granny rear ended me on my way to work and sent me to the hospital in a helicopter. She made the damage to my neck at C6, C7 vertabre worse.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 AM

Think B-4 your `Drive ?
Zhit Happen's
4-Sure

^source ^

Latest Exotic Car Crashes

Latest Exotic Crash Photos
April 27, 2008
Our latest update contains 44 new photos of exotic wrecks including a Lamborghini Gallardo split in two and a new Mercedes SLR crash.
View Pictures

Other Updates on Wrecked Exotic Cars

Nicholas Cage Stunt Driver Wrecks Ferrari F430
May 4, 2009
While filming the movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", a stunt driver for Nicholas Cage accidently crashed a Ferrari F430 into 2 people and a pizza parlor.

Lamborghini Owner Finds Humor in Wreck
May 4, 2009
This Lamborghini owner has a laugh after his $400,000 car is totalled

Brutal Car Crashes
May 3, 2009
We added 25 photos to our "Bad Crashes" gallery. Good reminder on why it's not a good idea to speed.

Teenagers Wreck 2 Ferraris
April 1, 2009
A baseball coach loans his 2 Ferraris to teenagers. They end up wrecking both of them!

Founder of Tapout Clothing Killed in Ferrari Accident
March 11, 2009
Charles Lewis, (also known as Mask), was killed after his Ferrari crashed at high speed and split in half. We've got exclusive photos from the scene of the crash.

Plane Crashes
January 12, 2009
Exotic cars aren't the only expensive crashes out there. Check out these plane crashes

Top 10 Worst High Speed Crashes
November 19, 2008
Our list of the top 10 highest speed exotic crashes.

The Most Expensive Accidents in Human History
November 3, 2008
Exotic car crashes are expensive but they're nothing compared to the top 10 most expensive accidents in history.

Another Ferrari 599 GTB Bites The Dust
October 30, 2008
These things are dropping like flies lately. This one crashed in Athens, Greece resulting in a $350,000 loss.

Driver Wraps Ferrari 360 Modena Around a Pole
October 28, 2008
A young driver behind the wheel of this $250,000 Ferrari managed to wrap it around a pole today in Australia.

Audi R8 Crash Caught on Video
October 28, 2008
An Audi R8 was caught on camera aquaplaning and crashing into a wall in Moscow.

Exotic Cars on Fire
October 23, 2008
With high performance comes a high chance of engine fire. These pictures show just how often exotics get burned to a crisp.

Ferrari 599 GTB Mansory Stallone Crash
October 22, 2008
This highly modified 599 GTB was wrecked today in Kiev, Ukraine after the owner ran a red light.

Future Wrecks - 2009 Nissan 370Z
October 21, 2008
The much anticipated Nissan 370Z will hit the roads by the end of the year. How many wrecks can we expect to see in 2009?

Video Compilation - Before and After Crashes
October 20, 2008
Check out our unique video compilation showing exotic cars morphing from works of beauty to piles of scrap metal.

First Nissan GT-R Wrecked in the US
October 17, 2008
The 3rd 2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R to be wrecked finally occurred in the US. The details are sketchy, but we've got a video clip that might shed some light on the situation.

10 Most Expensive Exotic Car Crashes
October 16, 2008
We've compiled the world's top 10 most expensive car crashes in history - and the Bugatti Veyron crash didn't even make the top 3.

Ferrari F430 Rental Flips Over After Wedding
October 15, 2008
A newly married couple thought they'd enjoy driving off in a rented Ferrari F430. Unfortunately, their marriage didn't start off so great!

Photo Update: Batch #93
October 13, 2008
This photo update has 60 new exotic wrecks including a new Ferrari 599 GTB wreck along with several Murcielagos.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I was really young, my family and I lived in a house on a corner in a neighborhood with tons of traffic. There was a main road at the other end of the block with all kinds of businesses and restaurants and stuff. And it regularly backed up during rush hour. Traffic regularly used the one street by my house as a by-pass of sorts to avoid the traffic on the main road a block away. One direction had a stop sign, the other didn't. One day, I'm outside playing and Mom calls me inside cause dinner was ready. Not even one minute later, some guy in a hurry decides to come speeding down the street running beside my house. At the same time, another guy runs the stop sign in his direction and the two T-bone in the intersection. The first guy was going so fast that his car was pushed into the tree in my yard. But that didn't stop his momentum. He bounced off the tree, becomes air born, and lands upside down on my swing set. Crushed the swing set I was on not even one minute earlier. Worst part was, my dad was coming home from work and witnessed the accident happening from a block and a half away.

The guy in the speeding car that landed upside down was found to be drunk at the time.

Not trying to outdo anyone, but I worked in a hospital for 2 years before my current job. So yeah, I've seen some pretty gruesome results of accidents. Which is one reason why I agree with the saying, "Leave racing on the track!"

Old 05-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Crushed the swing set I was on not even one minute earlier. Worst part was, my dad was coming home from work and witnessed the accident happening from a block and a half away.

WoW `Lou, aka`Taz

Even @ a young age, that had 2 be a wake `up call !!!
or seeing people injured : (

I'm happy there R people that can work in hostipals, & para medic's,

etc.
Sometimes I think (Really I `do : )your experience of a minute difference in
`fate/luck/what'if's are incident's that happen ~> to make us think
& appreciates our now's `all the more.
`Like Now

To be able to express myself, & send my word's to my

net friends around our planet.
It's Amaz'in 4-Sure
`Amen....thanks 4 shar'in your story, it reminded `me
to "Be Here NoW" & "EnJoy"
Wish the reader of this a Happy~~> Now.....
3-2-1 ~>SpaceOut..........~>

Last edited by Space; 05-05-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

I was the primary witness to a fatal accident on 55 north two summers ago. Something you'll never forget, I can still play it over again in my head.

PT cruiser passes me on the left, I move left after it passes so that I will be able to pass a Cirrus that was in front of me in the right lane. The PT cruiser pulls along side the Cirrus and starts to change lanes over to the right, apparently not seeing the Cirrus. I lay on the horn but to no end. The Cirrus sees the PT and moves right until the right tires go off the road. The Cirrus over corrects and pulls back hard to the left and thats where the initial contact happened. They collide and skid together at a 45 deg. angle down the center of the road, before peeling apart. The PT veers into the median, while the Cirrus spins hard back to the right and flies off the road.

Through this all, I manage to edge into the center of the roadway so that I can be ready to move either way, luckily they split and we were not involved in the crash.

As soon as I could stop I could see that the Cirrus was down in the ditch along the treeline. I called 911 while my mom went back to the crash scene while others were arriving at it as well. The woman in the PT cruiser was ok and just kept saying, "did I cause this?". The older woman in the Cirrus was killed. They landed the Medi-vac helicopter on the road but it was too late. Her husband arrived and was directed to which hospital she would be taken to. I gave my report multiple times the the police and again a few weeks later via phone for a recorded testimony. so awful

it's hard to think about even now. My voice was shaky the entire time giving my testimony. But they thanked me for being able to provide such a detailed report as no other drivers were able to see it as well as I did, and the driver of the PT would only say "I heard a bang, and then it was all over."

Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 PM

i see wrecks all the time. some bad and some not so bad. but im always wondering what happend and if some1 got hurt

Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Wow... all your stories really makes me glad i didnt run up to a dead guy... some of them that ive just read gave me chills down my back...

I just hope i never have to witness something where some one dies thats for sure

Old 05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member

In about 1978 or 79 I-75 had a large hill just to the south of Vandalia, OH.
I was headed north, an early 1970s Plymouth Duster was headed south. His left front tire blew or something as he shot in to the median, his tireless wheel grabbed the dirt and flipped the car end over end at least 3 times. Several people headed south pulled over to help the driver as did I. This guy driving seemed to be okay after the accident but the car sure wasn't.

My psycho ex-girlfriend and I watch a 1965 Buick fly through the stop sign infront of my house loaded with people inside. A few minutes later we heard a loud noise that sounded like metal crunching? We went up the road only to see the Buick wrapped around a tree. Everyone in the car except the driver who was drunk was injured. The Ohio Highway Partol asked us to sign a statement against the against the driver.

One night about 6 years ago I was out in the barn at about 2am. I heard a loud noise like metal crunching. It was three guys who had left a bar in town only a few minute earlier. All three of them died in the crash. If I'd have been thinking and went to investigate perhaps I could have helped these guys and maybe they'd be alive today?

Old 05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by rj
My psycho ex-girlfriend and I watch a 1965 Buick fly through the stop sign infront of my house loaded with people inside. A few minutes later we heard a loud noise that sounded like metal crunching? We went up the road only to see the Buick wrapped around a tree. Everyone in the car except the driver who was drunk was injured. The Ohio Highway Partol asked us to sign a statement against the against the driver.

just tell me it wasint a skylark or gransport!

jus corious, what year did the buick wreck?

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen a wreck?