Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   gerrrr (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/gerrrr-59444/)

monte07 02-27-2018 10:29 AM

gerrrr

fixing some siding on my house sucks badly. I rather stick my hand on a arcing wire

so far I have been pulling off some bad wood and other things noticing how bad it is. at least it is molding than the actual 2x4 behind the siding and the molding in a way I didn't want to do it but at least it is getting done little by little

06mistreSS 02-27-2018 02:02 PM

How old is the house and is the siding you're pulling original to the house? All wood siding?

I've got more exterior work to do on our place this year. We're about 75% brick but I've got vinyl siding and wood trim/soffits/fascia. I started painting the house trim last - never finished, probably 60% done. I also went at the deck replacing boards that were splitting and then re-stained the whole deck and pergola - that project is about 97% done. I need to replace the fascia boards because they're rotted in a few spots and letting moisture through - the ice damming this winter was pretty bad a couple times and that's how I found out about that one. And the gutter nails are loose in a few spots so when we get a lot of rain they buckle and overflow - need to figure out if I can reuse the existing gutters with new fasteners or just go all new. Always something that needs to be done.

ZIPPY02 02-27-2018 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 709653)
How old is the house and is the siding you're pulling original to the house? All wood siding?

I've got more exterior work to do on our place this year. We're about 75% brick but I've got vinyl siding and wood trim/soffits/fascia. I started painting the house trim last - never finished, probably 60% done. I also went at the deck replacing boards that were splitting and then re-stained the whole deck and pergola - that project is about 97% done. I need to replace the fascia boards because they're rotted in a few spots and letting moisture through - the ice damming this winter was pretty bad a couple times and that's how I found out about that one. And the gutter nails are loose in a few spots so when we get a lot of rain they buckle and overflow - need to figure out if I can reuse the existing gutters with new fasteners or just go all new. Always something that needs to be done.

Sometimes the house just calls your wallet to come a rescue it, like it or not, This past October put 45 bundles of shingles on what was sad roof. As far as the gutters go I had the old aluminum spike style. Reused my 26 year old gutters but with a more long term gutter connector anchor. When I redid the roofing shingles, I took about an extra 2 hrs and removed limited plywood blasted new insulation down into the opened roof and in about 2 hours it was all over. Needless to say this year I have zero icycles, my neighbors not so much luck.

06mistreSS 02-28-2018 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 709686)
Sometimes the house just calls your wallet to come a rescue it, like it or not.

I just bought ours two years ago and I knew what I was getting into. It's just a matter of having time to do everything that needs to be done which, as I'm finding out as I get older, is harder and harder to come by. The elders were correct lol.