Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Garage Floor coating (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/garage-floor-coating-28643/)

Tadcaster 06-04-2011 08:30 AM

Garage Floor coating

I need some advice. I am doing a major remodel of my garage. I am stuck on floor coating. I have done some research and found there is an issue with most coatings called "Pulling" where your tires pull up the coating if it gets wet or sits too long.

Does anyone have a coated garage floor that they are happy with and what brand/type of coating did you use? Thanks!

Space 06-04-2011 08:34 AM

Hi `Tad,
Check out the below for your AutoBedRoom :thumbsup:
<TABLE class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" vAlign=top width=84><TABLE class=ts><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; WIDTH: 82px; HEIGHT: 82px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TD style="MAX-WIDTH: 507px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top>Color Flow-Through Garage Floor Tile <~ I like these :)
$5.50 - <CITE>Griot's Garage</CITE>
Garage Floor Tiles 701006 Garage Floor Tiles
$289.95 - <CITE>AutoAnything.com</CITE>
Gladiator GarageWorks Floor Tiles - Charcoal Finish - GAFT48TTPC
$188 - 10 stores - <NOBR><TABLE style="BORDER-SPACING: 0; MARGIN-RIGHT: 2px" class=ti><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Nearby stores</NOBR>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<LI class="g knavi">
Garage Flooring | Tile Garage Floors | Garage Floor Mats ...

<BUTTON class=vspib type=submit></BUTTON> Best source for garage flooring, garage floor tiles. We specialize in Garage floors. Offer wide variety of parking mats, floor tile, floor covering and ...
Track My Order - Coin Pattern - Levant Pattern - Diamond Pattern
<CITE>www.americangaragefloor.com/</CITE> - Cached - Similar

<LI class="g knavi">

Swisstrax Garage Flooring - Interlocking Flooring - Modular ...

<BUTTON class=vspib type=submit></BUTTON> Swisstrax is your online source for exclusive garage flooring, that provides tremendous selection of top quality garage floor tiles, modular interlocking ...
Floor Designer - Garage Floor Tile Products - Installation/Maintenance - Specials
<CITE>www.swisstrax.com/</CITE> - Cached - Similar

<LI class="g knavi">

Garage Flooring, Garage Tiles, Garage Floors, Garage Floor Mats ...

<BUTTON class=vspib type=submit></BUTTON> The undisputed garage flooring leader! Buy garage flooring, basement floors, showroom flooring and more.
<CITE>www.racedeck.com/</CITE> - Cached - Similar

Tadcaster 06-04-2011 08:37 AM

Wow Kid thanks!

Space 06-04-2011 08:37 AM

skylark65 06-04-2011 10:30 AM

if i was gonna paint my garage floor i would use the special concreate floor paint i've used at work, i can't remember what it's called but it soaks down into the pores of the concreate and holds up to an amazing amount of abuse. works even better if it's had about 5 coats on industrial quality floor wax laid down on top, shines like a mirror :)

Enzo354 06-04-2011 02:44 PM

Make sure you can coat your floor, when was it put in. Some of the new cement has a treatment so that the coating barely will stick.

mrl390 06-04-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354 (Post 330139)
Make sure you can coat your floor, when was it put in. Some of the new cement has a treatment so that the coating barely will stick.

THIS /\/\

There is actually a sealer that is put down on bare concrete that is expected to see water on a regular basis. Once that sealer is on, it fills the pores of the concrete and its almost impossible to get off and to get other coatings to stick to. My uncle is battling this on his concrete patio. They sealed it after they poured it and now no stain or coating will stick to it. They all flake off after a few months.

Tadcaster 06-04-2011 07:06 PM

Think I am going to go with the Tile at some of the links kid space provided looks like its going to take some $$ (oh well I'll just have to print more LOL)

monte carlo 3831 06-04-2011 07:36 PM

I've seen some of the "as seen on TV" commercials for the garage floor stuff, it looked pretty sweet! After reading all the posts here, I guess it's not worth the money? And while you're printing up some $$$'s, print a batch for me.....:D

Snyderman 06-04-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 330183)
And while you're printing up some $$$'s, print a batch for me.....:D

Astonishing quality comes from a $100 photo printer. Spend the money on high quality paper, and dont spend them stupidly (100 bill for a snickers, etc) Do spend them on a busy day at a mall department store or wally world.