Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Friday, June 15, 2012 < Check In < (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/friday-june-15-2012-check-37103/)

03SSLE 06-15-2012 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 467580)
Wish you a Great Father's Day WeekEnd with SunShine http://smileys.zcat.us/smileys/5.gif EnJoy your car show!

Hopefully we'll have some decent weather for the show. Right now they're predicting overcast and a chance of showers. Last year the forecast was the same but the clouds burned off and it was sunny and in the mid 70s all day. It would be nice if we had a repeat performance this year. ;)

06mistreSS 06-15-2012 06:47 AM

Morning everyone, and happy birthday to Dave!

So, the Michigan Monte Carlo Meet & Greet is tomorrow, in Charlotte, MI. I will be taking my camera so be on the lookout for an update with plenty of pictures. I'm sure others will be doing the same. I'm working today, typical Friday, but afterwards will be getting the car all cleaned up and ready for that tomorrow.

Was also at one of my local cruise night spots last night. First one of the year was last week, but yesterday there was at least 1.5 times as many cars as the first night. A portion of the street gets closed and cars line the street, but you know there's a lot when they spill over into the neighboring park. This one typically gets a good 100+ cars per night.

Space 06-15-2012 06:54 AM

Hi `Matt, and thanks for checking in 2day...
Sounds like you have a decent cruise in your area.
I bet you get a lot of attention with your awesome Monte ?

We will be looking forward to your pic's & review of your Monte Carlo Meet 2morrow...Wish you great weather & `fun.
http://cdn.fastclick.net/fastclick.n...ath_728x90.jpg
`Seattle `Mike, are you entering your Monte in the Show ? If so, GOOD LUCK & we look 4ward to your pic's...
EnJoy

MnteCrloSS47 06-15-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 467589)
Morning everyone, and happy birthday to Dave!

So, the Michigan Monte Carlo Meet & Greet is tomorrow, in Charlotte, MI. I will be taking my camera so be on the lookout for an update with plenty of pictures. I'm sure others will be doing the same. I'm working today, typical Friday, but afterwards will be getting the car all cleaned up and ready for that tomorrow.

Was also at one of my local cruise night spots last night. First one of the year was last week, but yesterday there was at least 1.5 times as many cars as the first night. A portion of the street gets closed and cars line the street, but you know there's a lot when they spill over into the neighboring park. This one typically gets a good 100+ cars per night.

Wish i lived closer!! Def. take pictures we all want to see! BE safe too

Tadcaster 06-15-2012 07:00 AM

Good Morning friends! A most Happy Birthday Dave !!
Like its been said, TGIF! I will be working from home, have to get some stuff at the grocery store for Ronda to make a plate for the MCF meet and greet tomorrow and our family get-together afterward.
The Lil Deuce is washed and got on her sunday best for tomorrow's meet and greet.

I am looking foreward to meeting everyone. It will be good to place a face to the cars and names here on the fourm

You all have a great week-end!
(Contact your dad's and grandfathers !!!!)

SupplySgt 06-15-2012 07:13 AM

Mornin guys. Home from work. Wish I was going to the cruise in but nope, we gotta work tonight. My female friend is out of town visiting family, so she wouldn't be going anyway. We found out last night that we'll be working 6 nights next week as well. We'll see what the week before shutdown holds for us but I wouldn't be surprised if we worked 6 nights that week as well.

Rumor has it that we won't have a single night off between this upcoming shutdown (the week of July 4th) and our next shutdown (the two weeks surrounding Labor Day). Considering I'll be moving during that time, I'm not looking forward to that. I don't have a whole lot to move, but I'd like to have a day or two to move.

Space 06-15-2012 07:25 AM

Good Morning `Tadd,
It's great to read that you are ready & prepared for a great/fun weekend...Wish you a Safe Trip & tons of fun..
EnJoy & we will be looking forward to all your updates & pics...:thumbsup:
========================================
Hi Sarge `Drew, there are millions of unemployed people in our country that would love to trade you places 4-Sure...
Be happy to be working and get a day off every week + + a Super Pay check...I would love to get one day off a week, but it's my choice to work 7 nights a week for now...
Giving `up to get to where I want to `be, plus helping my friends and family....
Extract the most from your days......EnJoy :thumbsup:

06mistreSS 06-15-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 467591)
Hi `Matt, and thanks for checking in 2day...
Sounds like you have a decent cruise in your area.
I bet you get a lot of attention with your awesome Monte ?

We will be looking forward to your pic's & review of your Monte Carlo Meet 2morrow...Wish you great weather & `fun.

Thanks Space. It is a bit surprising how much attention I get with mine since it's only a six year old car. However, you don't see many Monte Carlos in the first place, let alone 06-07's, so I guess it's not that surprising. I'm usually the only Monte wherever I go. I keep mine clean, so I hear all the time about it looking like it just rolled off the assembly line. Also, people are flabbergasted when they see the V8 sitting up front (probably what I hear the most aside from how clean it is) and I guess a lot of people just aren't aware of that. It is fun to see the surprised/confused look on some peoples faces when they're standing at the engine.

Tadd, we'll see you tomorrow!

Space 06-15-2012 07:53 AM

:rolleyes: Hi `Matt, I'm still flabbergasted every time I see a Monte Carlo on the road & always try to catch them & admire the design :) (but, I can never keep up with them) ~> :rotfl: LOL

I think it's great to have a ride that's different then the rest, especially one as clean & beautiful as yours + a 5.3L V8 :thumbsup:
Wish you a safe journey & lots of fun ~>EnJoy

Thanks for your contributions to the MCF :thumbsup:
Peace/Out from `Space

Taz 06-15-2012 08:09 AM

Morning everybody! Got a busy day today. Just checking in real quick. Be back later.