Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Forza Horizon (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/forza-horizon-39483/)

DCWZen 10-18-2012 02:57 AM

Forza Horizon

Hello everybody! As I noticed last year we have some gamers hanging around here, and most of you are familiar with the "Forza" name.

Turn 10 is releasing a new game called Forza Horizon. Where Forza Motosports was a lot more focused on the track racing, Horizon is based on open road racing. It is all centered around the "Horizon Festival"

I'm sure some of you have heard it, and have kept tabs on it. But I thought I would post it here to try and nudge a couple more people into taking a look at it :).

Now first impressions from watching trailers/previews/reviews it might seem a little arcade-ish, but the developers have kept the Forza physics and handling. (although it has been "dumbed" down a bit, but keep in mind it is not based on tracks anymore) For the more mature people, it might seem a bit childish, for fellow gamers you might relate it to Need For Sd Ipeed (which for most Forza gamers, is a bad comparison). But from my personal opinion/experience (which as of now is only based on the demo, which was honestly lacking a bit) it still has that Forza feel. There is SO much to explain with this game, and to be honest I am just too lazy to type out 2 pages of information.

So I figured I would just list some things

- 24 hour day/night cycle. Working headlights/gauges light up inside
- Tons of surface types, (they claimed 65+)
- Beautiful scenery, game is based in Colorado. It is a fictional Colorado, so if you live there you probably shouldnt expect to drive down your road (and no, there is no pikes peak recreation)
- The detail to the cars is still there, along with the fully detailed cockpits of the cars.

- Less than 200 cars (a downside, missing a lot of American classics, many more supercars it seems, lacking on the older muscle cars) It is a bit of a letdown, I won't deny. But for me there is plenty to keep me interested.
- No TUNING, the traditional Forza 4 UPGRADES are still there, but no tuning of the cars.
- No weather

There is honestly so much to explain in this game that it is hard for me to explain it all, and even though my list shows more negatives, trust me the positives greatly outnumber them. I figure I will let you all look at it for yourselves, you can go to their forums or search google for it, if you are a car lover (which most of you seem to be), a gamer, or a mixture of both I think it would be a good idea to check it out. (I'd post some links and videos/pics here but I am unsure of the rules around here about links and such lol)

Horizon comes out the 23rd of this month in the U.S. and I think the 26th for the rest of the world

Space 10-18-2012 05:37 AM

:rolleyes: Hi`Derik & it's great 2 C U online & I thought you maybe had got locked in2 your Game Closet :eek: to escape the Real World ~> :rotfl: I'm sure I would be addicted `it I had a game system & the time to play it..

How's your Monte Carlo ? Have you done any modifications ? Did U install a game system in it ? :eek::confused::)
Thanks 4 the updated release date on Horizon..I know we have some member's that are gamer's...Check back & don't 4-get 2 EnJoy your `Journey in Life in your Monte Carlo :thumbsup:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...jEmvJaP-LEl6YwBUY NEW $79.99

ChibiBlackSheep 10-18-2012 08:43 AM

I'm gonna download the demo and check it out

03JGMonte 10-18-2012 11:40 AM

I played the demo its fun but idk if ima buy it just yet. Ill prob borrow it & see how i like it before i drop 60-70$

DCWZen 10-18-2012 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 502269)
:rolleyes: Hi`Derik & it's great 2 C U online & I thought you maybe had got locked in2 your Game Closet :eek: to escape the Real World ~> :rotfl: I'm sure I would be addicted `it I had a game system & the time to play it..

How's your Monte Carlo ? Have you done any modifications ? Did U install a game system in it ? :eek::confused::)
Thanks 4 the updated release date on Horizon..I know we have some member's that are gamer's...Check back & don't 4-get 2 EnJoy your `Journey in Life in your Monte Carlo :thumbsup:

Hey Space, apologies for my disappearance! I have always been lurking around a bit, but not posting as much as I would have liked. My monte hasn't changed since getting it. Took it to the dealership to have them check out some issues. The old turn signal issue I had before is still there, they say its a frayed wire...but it will cost me $300 to be fixed so I am kind of ehh on that.

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 502365)
I played the demo its fun but idk if ima buy it just yet. Ill prob borrow it & see how i like it before i drop 60-70$

A good idea, although it looks promising I don't blame you for waiting it out, I went ahead and pre-ordered the LCE version, and will probably be getting the season pass on day one (really hoping it lives up to the hype by doing this haha, but I was happy with the demo).

Cowboy6622 10-18-2012 08:31 PM

It definitely looks like more of a return to "fun" rather than just straight simulation that makes having the perfect set up dialed in for every single track, long run vs. short run, diving deep vs. getting good runs off corners.... all that is out it looks like, ti's more about driving and having fun.

I'm still wiating for a game wtih a 03 Monte Carlo or a '68 Ford Torino

red04montels 10-18-2012 08:33 PM

I set my Xbox to download the demo but never turned it on, don't have time for video games lately.

I did read that upon release they will be release DLC packs for cars almost instantly, so maybe more potential for more cars?

Either way, I think I'll like the open world concept :thumbsup:

DCWZen 10-18-2012 08:46 PM

They have announced the day one DLC. Its got 2013 302 Mustang, Aventador J, Gumpert Apollo Enraged, 57 Bel Air...and Alfa, some others. And there will be 6 months (at least) of DLC, and a rally expansion in December with I think 15 rally inspired cars.

Red Nightmare 10-18-2012 10:44 PM

played the demo yesterday. If I wasn't buying two big games in the next month (Assassins creed 3 & Halo 4) I'd so get it.

01 Monte SS 10-19-2012 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 502481)
don't have time for video games lately.

X2... Last game I bought was Forza 4. Was pretty fun until a friend of mine bumped my 360 and scratched the disk :mad: Oh well, just gives me more time to focus on school.

I'll probably do a little gaming over Holiday break. Def. have to check it out sometime :thumbsup: