Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: February 2018 MCF Member's Blog

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 07:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys, it's Valentine's Day! 14 degrees this morning, going up to 42 today, 45 tomorrow!

Pyeongchang 2018 - Day 6 - Medal count (as of this post)
Germany - 12
Norway - 11
Netherlands - 11
Canada - 10
United States - 7

Shaun White took gold in the Men's Halfpipe yesterday. He successfully threw a trick that had put him in the hospital just 5 months ago.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-14-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

So here's a good one. I am up to an odd ball electronics related project. One of the guys I emailed for some information based on finding his YouTube video and web site turned out to be MCF.com member zzapultimate! I had no idea until he mentioned he recognized me based on some info I shared about my project. Small world!!!

Old 02-15-2018, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. A mild 42 degrees this morning, going up to 47. It's very wet and mushy from all the snow melt we've had since yesterday. Luckily I'm not having as severe of gutter ice damming on the house as the thaw we had right before Christmas.

Unfortunately there's been yet another school shooting, this most recent one yesterday in Parkland, Florida. There's already been 18 school shootings in the first 45 days of this year - that's one every 2.5 days. That's ridiculous. Every time one of these happens, we talk about it for a few days and then it gets swept under the rug until the next one happens. At what point do we say enough is enough? At what point does the government step up and put some serious effort and resources into this subject to figure out what needs to be done so this type of thing doesn't continue to escalate? This is not normal. This should not be the new normal.

Pyeongchang 2018 - Day 7 - Medal count (as of this post)
Norway - 17
Germany - 15
Canada - 13
Netherlands - 12
United States - 8

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
So here's a good one. I am up to an odd ball electronics related project. One of the guys I emailed for some information based on finding his YouTube video and web site turned out to be MCF.com member zzapultimate! I had no idea until he mentioned he recognized me based on some info I shared about my project. Small world!!!
Nice, does he still have that 5th gen?

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-15-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Nice, does he still have that 5th gen?
He does not have it anymore. I have not gotten into what happened to his 5th gen, but he is now a Miata owner.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. A mild 42 degrees this morning, going up to 47. It's very wet and mushy from all the snow melt we've had since yesterday. Luckily I'm not having as severe of gutter ice damming on the house as the thaw we had right before Christmas.

Unfortunately there's been yet another school shooting, this most recent one yesterday in Parkland, Florida. There's already been 18 school shootings in the first 45 days of this year - that's one every 2.5 days. That's ridiculous. Every time one of these happens, we talk about it for a few days and then it gets swept under the rug until the next one happens. At what point do we say enough is enough? At what point does the government step up and put some serious effort and resources into this subject to figure out what needs to be done so this type of thing doesn't continue to escalate? This is not normal. This should not be the new normal
​​​​​​
I am sickened by the school shootings. I agree with you %100 but I am at a loss on how to avoid them. I blame our culture... but is it violent video games, TV, movies, bad parenting... I don't know. It is something our government needs to study in a bipartisan manner...but I don't think either side is capable right now. I will pray.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile I remember that

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Sure I recall seeing some of his Monte Modifications. I believe he has or had a Silver 5th Gen Monte Carlo maybe from Iowa?

Old 02-16-2018, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
Unhappy

Unfortunately there's been yet another school shooting, this most recent one yesterday in Parkland, Florida. There's already been 18 school shootings in the first 45 days of this year - that's one every 2.5 days. That's ridiculous. Every time one of these happens, we talk about it for a few days and then it gets swept under the rug until the next one happens. At what point do we say enough is enough? At what point does the government step up and put some serious effort and resources into this subject to figure out what needs to be done so this type of thing doesn't continue to escalate? This is not normal. This should not be the new normal.

Actually the data that has been supplied on the 18 is false, only 3 it would appear that they were counting some one shooting at a school and there was a suicide at a school crap like that is not 18, but 3 is still too many.
We live in a society of fantasy and sometimes that becomes the Normal.
The problem is the crazy people, not the Firearms, or Cars & trucks.
This fellow was a phsyco. the next one is waiting in the wings because the Media makes them a Star.
They need to shut the heck up about it. But it's like the youtube stars, and those JackA** guys on TV, that did all kinds of stupid stuff, if the parents aren't there to guide them that this is wrong it won't be taken care of.
We can't do it all with warning labels.
Folks aren't coming out of High school with good skills they can't spell, do math, and they surely don't care about anyone around them. Until we can change that people will use knives, Cars, trucks and other means to do this dastardly things.
The schools need to be responsible for the security of the students attending, any bozo could have walked in that place.
I was in Newark NJ back in 2013 had to visit this University there and they had three sets of doors to co thru before you got inside. The security was of the chart, but they were in a war zone too.
They put up these stupid signs that say (no guns) and the law abiding citizen will obey them!
The bad guys look at it as they have no competition. they can go in and go crazy.
It is a shame, right now all we can do is pray the next one never happens.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 02-16-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: corrected the details after more research
Old 02-16-2018, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. The Daytona 500 is Sunday at 2:30 pm! I'll be cheering on Stewart-Haas Racing and my boy Kevin Harvick!

Pyeongchang 2018 - Day 8 - Medal count (as of this post)
Norway - 19
Germany - 15
Netherlands - 13
Canada - 13
United States - 8

Originally Posted by GTHSS
​​​​​​
I am sickened by the school shootings. I agree with you %100 but I am at a loss on how to avoid them. I blame our culture... but is it violent video games, TV, movies, bad parenting... I don't know. It is something our government needs to study in a bipartisan manner...but I don't think either side is capable right now. I will pray.
Well, Trump pretty much blamed the students for not doing more to prevent the shooting so obviously there's no responsibility on our government's part, at least not the current administration, to do anything. It's always "now is not the time to talk" and then we move on, the next shooting happens and it's the same thing all over again. So when is the time? What is it going to take? And Trump made it easier for mentally ill people to buy guns by rolling back a law that Obama put in place. So that's great.

And, aside from mental illness and gun control, look at some of these kids nowadays... I think there's also an aspect of it with how we're raising our kids.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-16-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:32 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Going up to 51 degrees today, 62 tomorrow and 50 Wednesday.

Pyeongchang 2018 - Day 11 - Medal count (as of this post)
Norway - 27
Germany - 19
Canada - 17
Netherlands - 13
OAR - 11
United States - 10

2018 Standings after 1/36 (wins in parenthesis)
#12 Ryan Blaney - 58
#22 Joey Logano - 50
#3 Austin Dillon - 47 (1)
#43 Darrell Wallace Jr. - 47
#21 Paul Menard - 46
#34 Michael McDowell - 39
#11 Denny Hamlin - 37
#31 Ryan Newman - 34
#37 Chris Buescher - 33
#10 Aric Almirola - 33

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-19-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Fun weekend, went to my first Car show indoors on Saturday and they had some nice rides there. Only as an observer. (I will make a post with some of the photo's)
Then the #3 Car ends up winning the Daytona 500. That was kind of exciting.
Sunday the weather here was supposed to be in the mid 50's but the wind was blowing at 30 to 40 mph so it really didn't get that nice outside. The snow is disappearing for a little bit.
Today the schools were starting 2 hours later because of freezing rain.