Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
41.67%
No : (
58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

- Do you think `Life is Fair ? -

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Default RE: - Do you think `Life is Fair ? -

Sometimes it sure doesn't seem like it's fair. But I think when it becomes like thatwe need tousethe experienceto teach us, to help us grow and move on. And we can either let it make us or break us. Even after all I've been through in the past 2 years, I choose the former.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Gee!

6 no's.

You guys need to seriously think about moving to California or something.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 PM

I have some high school kids working under me at my warehouse job always talking about how they are going to be rich out of high school and never work at the place where I'm working at.Rule number 3 and 5 fit them so perfectly. I make good money and I told them that at 21 I was flipping burger and going to comm college and for them to not think there above that. Work is work. Some are so naive.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 PM

Life is what you make it. If you're ambitious, semi-intelligent, and hard-working, you can make it in this world. The best advice I can ever give a young person (even with all that's happening in the world today) is to sign up for a 4-year tour of duty in the service of your choice. Serve for a higher purpose. After 11 years of people shooting at me, college and the "real world" was a breeze. Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

The key is to keep fighting - no matter what. If it takes 2 or 3 jobs, do what you have to do to accomplish your goals. Prioritize. A new supercharger for the Monte or 3 month's rent? Well, ok, maybe that's not a good example...

If you think the world is a mean, nasty place and you've never left Kansas (or where ever), you're in for a big surprise mi amigos.

Life is fair - and its not. It's all in how you look at it, how you perceive your own individual situation and the environment you're in. Life and luck are not connected in any way, shape or form. The nicest guys in the world still step on landmines, and the meanest idiots are still driving Ferraris and living the high life in Malibu without a care in the world.

Damn, I sound like my father!! (3 tours in 'Nam as a helo pilot, career Army officer, seen it all, and still an optimist!)

J

Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: 03LS_Sleeper

Life is what you make it. If you're ambitious, semi-intelligent, and hard-working, you can make it in this world. The best advice I can ever give a young person (even with all that's happening in the world today) is to sign up for a 4-year tour of duty in the service of your choice. Serve for a higher purpose. After 11 years of people shooting at me, college and the "real world" was a breeze. Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

The key is to keep fighting - no matter what. If it takes 2 or 3 jobs, do what you have to do to accomplish your goals. Prioritize. A new supercharger for the Monte or 3 month's rent? Well, ok, maybe that's not a good example...

If you think the world is a mean, nasty place and you've never left Kansas (or where ever), you're in for a big surprise mi amigos.

Life is fair - and its not. It's all in how you look at it, how you perceive your own individual situation and the environment you're in. Life and luck are not connected in any way, shape or form. The nicest guys in the world still step on landmines, and the meanest idiots are still driving Ferraris and living the high life in Malibu without a care in the world.

Damn, I sound like my father!! (3 tours in 'Nam as a helo pilot, career Army officer, seen it all, and still an optimist!)

J

Thank you and your dad for your service from the bottom of my heart and my family too.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:43 AM

You're welcome, but it's job like any other.What we do (did) is just as important as the people who make this country work every day - from doctors to cooks. We don't always agree about what we're fighting for - but its our job, its what we signed up to do, knowing full well the risks and responsibilities that come with it. Surprisingly, being a soldier is not the most-dangerous profession in the U.S., it's not even in the top 10.

If you're ever in an airport and see a soldier, sailor, marine or airman, walk right up and thank them. That means more to the average guy than anything. Ok, rant off! :-)

Jeff

Old 07-20-2007, 03:47 PM

Done!

For what its worth, my grandpa got 3 purple hearts in Iwojima and I lost my oldest uncle in Korea.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 PM

Your Grandpa was at Iwo? My grandfather (who died in 1945) and my great uncle (who passed in 2002) were both Mud Marines on Iwo. Is he still with us?

J