Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Denver bans pitbulls!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Default RE: Denver bans pitbulls!!!

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Rotts are next
[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 07-31-2005, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: SilverMC_80

Rotts are next
[sm=sigh.gif]
do you have one? I had one, had to sell him when I moved to Sacramento. I only had him from 12 weeks old to 9 months old, but I was very attached to him. This is what "Siris" looked like at 12 weeks old, pictured here with my daughter in our front yard.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:49 PM

Rotts are next
[sm=sigh.gif]
do you have one? I had one, had to sell him when I moved to Sacramento. I only had him from 12 weeks old to 9 months old, but I was very attached to him. This is what "Siris" looked like at 12 weeks old, pictured here with my daughter in our front yard.

Nope don't own a Rott. Just a pitbull mix. If you don't mind me asking, why did you have to sell him? Rotts are illegal in Sacramento? And by the looks Siris, looks like he was going to be huge once he gets to be an adult.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 AM

Nope don't own a Rott. Just a pitbull mix. If you don't mind me asking, why did you have to sell him? Rotts are illegal in Sacramento? And by the looks Siris, looks like he was going to be huge once he gets to be an adult.
I had to sell him cause we had to move into an apartment and they didn't accept dogs. Yeah, Siris was well on his way to being a nice sized Rott. He was full blooded German, his markings were beautiful, and his head was perfect. From the time I got him I was training him to be obedient and well mannered around my kids, and when I walked him it wasn't the other way around, I walked him, he didn't walk me. He was not agressive at all. I remember taking him for walks in Sacramento when I first got there, he was 8 months old, and people walking towards us on our side of the street would cross the street to get by us. He was very well mannered, but he was so big and mean looking that he just intimidated people. It's a trip, my son was just a year old when I got the dog, and only 21 months old when I sold him but he still remembers him. My son is 9 now.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 PM

I had to sell him cause we had to move into an apartment and they didn't accept dogs. Yeah, Siris was well on his way to being a nice sized Rott. He was full blooded German, his markings were beautiful, and his head was perfect. From the time I got him I was training him to be obedient and well mannered around my kids, and when I walked him it wasn't the other way around, I walked him, he didn't walk me. He was not agressive at all. I remember taking him for walks in Sacramento when I first got there, he was 8 months old, and people walking towards us on our side of the street would cross the street to get by us. He was very well mannered, but he was so big and mean looking that he just intimidated people. It's a trip, my son was just a year old when I got the dog, and only 21 months old when I sold him but he still remembers him. My son is 9 now.
I see that you are still able to visit your dog. That's good! Gives you a chance to see how the new owner is taking care of your dog.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:27 PM

Ouch, I got bit on the upper right thigh by a pit while on the job over a year ago! He tore right through my leg and now I have a nice size scar. I was sore for a while. The pit had a 25' leash around its neck, I did not think it was going to reach me until it started getting closes and closer.....then bamm, so quick. Now every time I have to go some where that there is a pit, rott, sheppard, or any other guard looking dog I hesitate like its not cool. I have the OC spray out and the ASP ready to roll!
Over all I think that goes against our freedom and rights for a State saying you cant own a pet, whether its a pit or what ever!

Old 08-10-2005, 10:37 PM

I to think this is crazy. My b/f and I have a pit. I trust him with my kids. He is a gentle dog, wants to be a big lap baby. What is so sad my neighbors are all scared of him, one even went as far as hitting him in the head with a rock and he just laid down. People who chain or cage these breeds of dogs are the ones to blame not the dog. If they were caged or chained all the time they would go nuts too. Sad part is both my kids have been bitten by other dogs in the neighborhood, one was a daschound and the other a small terrier type dog both need medical attention. I can go on and on about this subject but I wont. Blame the owners of these pets not the dogs themselves. They are like children if they are raised right then they will act right. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:10 PM

I see that you are still able to visit your dog. That's good! Gives you a chance to see how the new owner is taking care of your dog.
Actually, Siris died from heat exhaustion about a year later

Old 08-10-2005, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteSS

Ouch, I got bit on the upper right thigh by a pit while on the job over a year ago! He tore right through my leg and now I have a nice size scar. I was sore for a while. The pit had a 25' leash around its neck, I did not think it was going to reach me until it started getting closes and closer.....then bamm, so quick. Now every time I have to go some where that there is a pit, rott, sheppard, or any other guard looking dog I hesitate like its not cool. I have the OC spray out and the ASP ready to roll!
Over all I think that goes against our freedom and rights for a State saying you cant own a pet, whether its a pit or what ever!
I wish more people thought like you, and you have been a victim of a pit bull bite too!

Old 08-10-2005, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: montecarlobabe

I to think this is crazy. My b/f and I have a pit. I trust him with my kids. He is a gentle dog, wants to be a big lap baby. What is so sad my neighbors are all scared of him, one even went as far as hitting him in the head with a rock and he just laid down. People who chain or cage these breeds of dogs are the ones to blame not the dog. If they were caged or chained all the time they would go nuts too. Sad part is both my kids have been bitten by other dogs in the neighborhood, one was a daschound and the other a small terrier type dog both need medical attention. I can go on and on about this subject but I wont. Blame the owners of these pets not the dogs themselves. They are like children if they are raised right then they will act right. Just my 2 cents worth.
you hit the nail right on the head! It's the owners, not the breed.

Quick Reply: Denver bans pitbulls!!!