Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Dave Norris from Triple Edge Performance (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/dave-norris-triple-edge-performance-60440/)

l0gitech87 12-21-2018 06:34 PM

Dave Norris from Triple Edge Performance

Hi everyone,

It's been a while I haven't posted here or even logged in for that matter. I wanted to post a thread to get a review or an opinion on Dave Norris from Triple Edge Performance.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding the 4T65-e on my 03. I have the transmission full taken apart, and had purchased the stage 2 kit from Triple Edge plus a bunch of other hard parts. I had placed an order on November 10/2018. Prior to that Dave assured me it would take a 2 week turn around for him to put the kit together. I said okay, no problem. I paid $1421 USD through PayPal which came out to almost $2000 CDN (where I live). I have waited about a month and a half for the parts.

I emailed him last monday to get an update on the parts, and he messaged back stating that he was waiting on a few parts and they should be in Thursday (last week), and that when they arrive he will email me to confirm (which he didn't) I waited till monday (this week) to message him back to get the status on shipment and he emailed me saying that the parts came boxed incorrectly 🤔 and that they will ship Thursday end of day. It's friday evening, I have not gotten a response from him or an email confirmation about the shipment.

I know it's the holidays and he's probably busy as 💩, but come on man. A month and a half wait and inconsistent email's with pure lies. I am at whit's end with this guy and my patience is running low where I don't know if he's taken my money and ****ed off on me (excuse my french) or if in fact there is more of a delay with the shipment.

He seems like a reputable guy in the 3800/4T65-e market and was wondering if anyone has had issues with him and/or his products, and whether I should open a case through PayPal. Any help from you fine people would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

drivernumber3 12-22-2018 08:11 AM

I would get with Paypal and start getting the paper work done. the longer you wait the less chance you have of getting anything. I have been this route before and lost my money. I don't know the guy but that's what sage advice tells you to do. Hope you have good luck.

The_Maniac 12-22-2018 12:43 PM

I don't know Dave, other then him and his shop have a strong and positive reputation with 4t65 owners.

I do know from dealing with various people online, some people are very bad at communication. It's not a matter of them trying to waste your time or money, it's a matter of they work and get absent minded to get back with someone in a timely manner. It shouldn't happen (especially when you are dropping a large amount of money down), but it does. There is a chance Dave is being straight with you that he is having issues with getting your package together and the issue could be beyond his control. Plus, I don't know how big his shop is, so there is a chance he's got limited help and a lot of orders to address. And with all the holiday stuff going on, most businesses on skeleton crews, that affects Triple Edge and their suppliers.

I agree with Drivernumber3, be proactive and find out what you need to file a complaint with PayPal. Does not mean you need to, just that you understand what needs done and you are ready to do so, if needed. I would also keep things polite with Dave (as being hostile or making threats makes the situation uglier). Consider contacting Dave, explain that you understand we are nearing end of the year, which means there are a lot of businesses running on skeleton crews, ask if he can give you an worst case situation when he expects this to ship so you can set your expectations. I know he has given you estimated ship dates/times and those were probably done sincerely with the expectation everything would come together as it normally does. This gives him a chance to hopefully set a better expectation for you.

Even if you have to file a complaint, you at least know you gave this vendor a huge fair shot. And even if you do file a complaint, don't make threats or angry statements to the guy (I would not recommend doing that to anyone). Reason I say that, it just ends up making you look worse and on the flip side, some merchants receiving a complaint through a payment source may propose an option that could work to your favor (such as "I can still ship and knock a couple bucks off for the trouble").

Tread carefully, but wisely.

l0gitech87 12-23-2018 02:14 PM

Hey guys, I appreciate the feedback. I am very lucky to say I finally got a response from Dave yesterday and has shipped out the goods through UPS. I guess patience is a virtue and it's good to have people in the community to give a fair assessment while my judgement had been cloudy for the past month and a half.

Thanks again for your support and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers

wht02monte 12-24-2018 08:16 AM

Glad it turn out good for you..

What kind of power are you putting into this thing??

l0gitech87 12-25-2018 07:53 AM

It's probably around the 250 whp mark as of now with the numerous mods I've added over the years (N/A)

Around spring next year I plan on ordering the Cartuning kit with the Garrett turbo. I'm looking at a conservative 10-12 psi boost at first (with the stock bottom end) and than later on down the road plan on pushing for more power after building the block. So probably around 350- 400hp anticipated.

Will need to dyno to get a more accurate result obviously.

The_Maniac 12-25-2018 08:46 PM

Happy to hear things have finally panned out. Sad you had to wait so long and the communication may not have been optimal, but happy to hear in the end it looks like it is resolved. :)

l0gitech87 12-26-2018 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 715636)
Happy to hear things have finally panned out. Sad you had to wait so long and the communication may not have been optimal, but happy to hear in the end it looks like it is resolved. :)

Thank you my friend. I will try my best to take pictures of the project and post on the forum if you guys are interested. It would be in the transmission section.

ChibiBlackSheep 12-27-2018 07:57 AM

I agree that his communication could have been a little better, but I also don't think Dave keeps parts in stock anymore like he used to. With this being a dying platform, he's still a knowledgable guy, but probably has to source all of his parts before he can ship them out now. He was probably having issues getting things, sucks that he couldn't be completely upfront about that at the start though when he was missing deadlines.

l0gitech87 12-28-2018 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 715646)
I agree that his communication could have been a little better, but I also don't think Dave keeps parts in stock anymore like he used to. With this being a dying platform, he's still a knowledgable guy, but probably has to source all of his parts before he can ship them out now. He was probably having issues getting things, sucks that he couldn't be completely upfront about that at the start though when he was missing deadlines.

I very much agree. I had a feeling a lot of the stuff including the internal mode switch and 1-2 roller clutch would be back ordered from GM but at least let me know about it. Maybe he figured I'd back out of the deal if there was that much of a delay on them.

From what he tells me the stage 2 performance kit is going up in price probably next year. I was hoping to get a deal on everything through black Friday, but unfortunately he's not opened than.