Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Dark Headlights (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/dark-headlights-35026/)

BeefSS 03-18-2012 12:42 PM

Dark Headlights

1 Attachment(s)
I tinted my headlights and now i wonder if they are too dark?:wtf:

BlackRainSS 03-18-2012 12:42 PM

I love the look but im wondering if driving at night is going to be a pain.

red04montels 03-18-2012 12:46 PM

they'll probably be way too dark at night, do you have stock headlights?

they look sweet tho

BeefSS 03-18-2012 12:49 PM

so far yeah it sucks lastnite i couldnt really tell they was on. Im thinking if i got an HID conversion kit will it do better with that tint or do i gotta take off that tint and buy headlight covers

STUMPMI 03-18-2012 12:53 PM

I had Dark headlight covers once: they were fine for car shows...But, realistically....they were a hinderance at night....regardless of what headlight kit i had...

Just some FYI...

My front windshield is slightly tinted with the eyebrow...(knocks down on comeing glare)

lougreen03 03-18-2012 12:56 PM

Tinting the headlights is a bad idea unless you only drive in the daytime. I would get the headlight covers so you can take them off at night.

03JGMonte 03-18-2012 01:18 PM

If your gonna tint headlights its best to do a very light tint

01 Monte SS 03-18-2012 01:22 PM

I have HID's in fogs and headlights and I rarely ever remove my headlight covers... My fogs are super bright and good enough for in town night driving even. But I almost never drive at out of town at night. If I do have to drive out of town and it's dark I take the covers off though.

They look awesome tinted on black Montes though :thumbsup:

Headlight covers are in my signature pic and you can tell they're still pretty bright

red04montels 03-18-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 437167)
I had Dark headlight covers once: they were fine for car shows...But, realistically....they were a hinderance at night....regardless of what headlight kit i had...

Just some FYI...

My front windshield is slightly tinted with the eyebrow...(knocks down on comeing glare)

That eyebrow won't decrease any vision related to light at night tho, you just can't see as well towards the top of the windshield

Originally Posted by BeefSS (Post 437166)
so far yeah it sucks lastnite i couldnt really tell they was on. Im thinking if i got an HID conversion kit will it do better with that tint or do i gotta take off that tint and buy headlight covers

HID kits really won't help that much with how dark they are, especially if you could barely tell the original ones were even on

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 437186)
If your gonna tint headlights its best to do a very light tint

or just ditch the tint completely and get black housed headlights and an HID kit lol

03JGMonte 03-18-2012 01:30 PM

Lol thats what i got hids & black headlights, i might get another set & smoke em a lil