Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I just can't handle updating the thread I have about the accident and stupidity of getting my Monte fixed from the GM Nationals this year.
Some of you may have read my Monte had a hit-n-run at the hotel parking lot in June. I am still dealing with the fall out of trying to get it fixed and fixed right.
Three times I went to a shop my agent recommended and told them their work was not done. THen accepted it back, 24 hours later back in it went, got it back again, and less then 24 hours found another problem. These all range from big to small and most of them range from things I think the shop should have noticed (they've proven multiple times to fail in attention to detail). Their name has the words "Custom Touch" and I'm learning, the "custom touch" is the crap they don't fix.

Well, I regret that I did not remember my former neighbor works for a shop (and this neighbor is a great guy and when it comes to cars, he is very OCD).

I spoke to his manager. This guy sounds great and like a straight shooter. Next Monday I bring the car to him to review what I've got going on. Hopefully this will finally bring this to a close!!
This is the first I have heard of it, but I have seen you mention that you have been having work done on your car. Sorry to hear, stuff like that is just wrong. Nothing worse than someone you don't know, or may have never seen damaging something that brings you joy and not even having the guts to stay around and at least apologize I am also a big believer in karma and that things like that do come back on you. With any luck you will finally get everything straightened out and have your car back to a state it should be in as it sounds like you have gone through enough of bad luck with it

Old 09-04-2013, 09:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
This is the first I have heard of it, but I have seen you mention that you have been having work done on your car.
Here's the link to my original thread (heck, I just found I was updating the wrong thread I had about this lol). Eh, anycase here it is:
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...ed-home-43642/

Originally Posted by ohara
With any luck you will finally get everything straightened out and have your car back to a state it should be in as it sounds like you have gone through enough of bad luck with it
This has been a crazy summer. Sadly, my Monte is ONLY out during the summer and the most miles put on it this year was to the GM Nats and back. Since the accident, the body shop (which it's clear to me are hacks) has had it most of the time.... And when I have it back and find issues, limits my interest in driving it. I hope it's 100% right BEFORE I park it for winter. It's close, but I want it done

I'm being optimistic, as long as this shop takes the job, I think I have a chance at having it finished right

Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 09-05-2013, 04:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 09-05-2013, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Hey space, I think you might enjoy this
LoL Lol LOL
Thank `Keane > LOL, Now that was funny 4-Sure It's been a busy, hectic night in the warehouses with many trucks showing `up at the same time...

Really enjoyed your posted funny `vid & it made my morning break filled with laughter...Thank You for sharing
===========================
Good Morning Everyone, wish you (yes, you reading this) a super new day of `life
I sure hope that you can be good to yourself & others on your journey of life & that you can help those in need when & `if you can Yes, you can

Good Morning `Lou (Taz), I hope that you are having a easy work shift & also I hope that your father is recovering with no problems from his heart surgery.

What's everyone doing with their new day ? I hope that you can extract the most & the best from it...Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 09-05-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Default "Stupid people do stupid things" ask `Space (LOL)

Posted Sep 4th 2013 12:31PM

If Bo Duke were still going at it today, he might have a buzz cut and drive an orange Polaris RZR, but he sure as Hell wouldn't crash his ride – especially if Luke Duke were in the passenger seat. That said, this modern-day Dukes of Hazzard wannabe didn't have his cousin riding shotgun, and maybe that's a good thing. After driving his RZR side-by-side impressively far up the side of a cliff, he came tumbling back down – in the process losing his skateboard helmet and "pretzeling" the poor General Lee-themed Polaris.

While we're all for having fun in motorized vehicles, let's take something away from this stunt: A skateboard helmet is hardly enough head protection in a crash like this – especially if it falls off. We consider the driver to be very lucky to have walked away unscathed.

Watch the video below to see the cliff-climbing antics, but only if you're prepared to deal with some Not Safe For Work explicit language.

Attached Thumbnails Check In > Every Day > September 2013-warning.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 09-05-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

morning gang. Friday is ALMOST here

Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 AM

Morning MCF!!! How's it going?
I'm off to the doctor this morning, about to get re diagnosed with what I was diagnosed with 3 years ago.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Good morning every one. Not quite used to this new blog format

Computer is done except I got some neat LED fans coming in will post pics of the Mini Deuce then. She screams !

Yes I moded my computer Iam addicted and can not leave things alone

Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Space vids where just tooo funny! loved them

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013