Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Thanks space, something is going to have to give somewhere, but Im not sure what, where or how yet. But I am in over head with these cars and im in over my head financially as well.

The only answer to your problem I can think of is to play the Lotto & pray a lot

Sadly `Keane, you are not alone & there are many that have spent more then they can afford. I don't have many material possessions, but I sure want to when I have my own place & a garage to keep my ride...Until then I just go without all the things I want in life..

Again, it's not easy, but nothing good is easy in this life (unless you have Rich Relatives that pay your way)...

I do hope that you can lighten your load & choose what you have to go without until you can afford the pleasures of what you want & desire... Just concentrate on what you NEED in life to complete your education & get a `job that pays good for your efforts.

You are the driver of your `Life (with or without a car(s)
My teachings & Motto is Don't Buy anything unless you can pay CASH Wish you the best `Keane > Good Luck

Your MCF Homework reading assignment below (There will be a test later : )
  • The Secret to Getting Out of Debt - Mint

<cite style="color: rgb(0, 128, 42); font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;">https://www.mint.com/blog/goals/how-to-get-out-of-debt-0813/</cite>‎

Aug 2, 2013 - The best advice that I have is not to tackle the highest APR first on credit carddebt. Use a financial tracking tool such as Mint to organize your ...

• How to Get Out of Debt (with Debt Tracking Charts) - wikiHow

<cite class="bc" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 42); font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;">www.wikihow.com › ... › Managing Your MoneyCredit and Debt</cite>‎

How to Get Out of Debt. Getting out of debt and staying out of debt is not easy. Chances are, you're reading this article because you've already amassed a fair ...

• 5 ways to get out of debt - 1 - - MSN Money

<cite style="color: rgb(0, 128, 42); font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;">money.msn.com/debt-management/5-ways-to-get-out-of-debt-1</cite>‎

Jul 17, 2013 - Getting yourself out of a big debt can seem like a daunting task before you start digging. Here are pros and cons to five ways of erasing debt.

• How Can I Get Out of Debt? - Yahoo Finance

<cite style="color: rgb(0, 128, 42); font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;">finance.yahoo.com/news/debt-130019053.html</cite>‎

May 16, 2013 - From Yahoo Finance: If you're in debt over your head or you are at risk of losing control, the steps to answering the question, "How can I get out ...

• How to Get Out of Debt: The Real Secret - Yahoo Finance

<cite style="color: rgb(0, 128, 42); font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;">finance.yahoo.com/news/debt-real-secret-100049112.html</cite>‎

Jul 29, 2013 - From Yahoo Finance: While there are many actions that you can take to get out of debt, there is only one overarching secret to it -- the break it ...

Last edited by Space; 09-26-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

good evening everyone, had along day stand in the sun in a parking lot meeting with all the workers in the area I am helping oversee at the moment, sadly I have to dress professionaly (well as much as I can do so) so it was freekin hot with the sun beating down on me, but the overall experience was good for the workers as they finally were able to see someone in charge (honestly still can't believe they let me be in charge of people muahaha) but the workers needed to know they have support out here in the city. They have gone too long without knowing someone was there to help them when needed with advice, assistance, even so much as a shoulder to cry on.

The one funny thing happened though. While I was in the parking lot with my trunk open, probably looking like I was dealing drugs, a gentleman asked if I had been saved, and told me to read the book of john from chapter 1 to the end. He then told me that if I repent my sins of the 10 commandments that I would be forgiven in the eyes of the lord and then asked if I was ok. Sadly, I can honestly say this type of stuff happens to me a lot, and I mean a lot. Had a worker at the office today, whom I had never met in my life, tell me her entire life story and how she came to be where she is today. I talked with her for almost an hour listening and offering advice, she even cried twice while telling me her story, but I think when I left she was in a better place knowing that someone just took time out of their life to listen to stories of hers. So with that I do get a feeling of happiness knowing I may have helped someone in their time of need.

I hope everyone has themselves a great night, and yes honestly events like the two above happen to me on quite a regular basis

Old 09-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Got my quote for a front end repaint on the 04, $1831.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Got my quote for a front end repaint on the 04, $1831.
Actually... That's not a bad price....

Mine was quoted at $2800.00

Well turns out today,
That we didn't get to go see my neighbors 37 ford P/U That hes going to put in the Detroit American Auto Show!

Oh well maybe next time...

Otherwise its been a very non busy day....
Boreing!

Anyway Have a Great Evening EV1!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good evening all. Operation Hood Decal Refresh will get underway this weekend.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Zen

Thanks space, something is going to have to give somewhere, but Im not sure what, where or how yet. But I am in over head with these cars and im in over my head financially as well.
I know how you feel. I never should have gotten the TA to many project. Plus now the house an every thing it's hard to stay a float. The only thing you can do is just keep moving forward working as hard as you can. There will always be bumps in the road. I've been pushing through stress an depression for awhile but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Just a long ways away. Just always go forward an don't look back

Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I wish I could work as hard as I can, but with limited hours I can't, been thinking about another job or a season job or something. The downside with another job Is it'll be even harder to get time off to do things. So i'm thinking a 2nd job for the winter maybe while not much is happening.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

I was asleep. But my Daughter, the one who is making me a Grandpa and Lives in Hawaii, called to ask for $$$ for her Nausea meds. Which I will send tomorrow. But now I'm awake again Wish Cheech and Chang who here. I'd be asleep in a half hour.
Anyways, Everyone have a Good Night. And dream of a Beautiful Friday!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Almost finished with the Impala brake repair. New line is in, brakes are bled. All there is to do now, throw the wheels back on, off the jack stands and go for a victory lap!! I was going to do that tonight, but it got dark and the suspension on the rear end is hanging low, I have the jack the car up to get the wheels on the back. It can wait until later. But all is looking good and all according to plan!!

Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 AM
Lightbulb "Be the Best You Can `Be in `Life" > EnJoy

Happy New Day to Everyone

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013