Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 09:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening everyone!

Making some tune adjustments while I have some downtime, gonna flash and go for some drives tomorrow morning

Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Evening EV1!

Juliannas biopsy came back negative for cancer.... But there still not sure it isn't... They did one operation ... to remove the fingers from around her heart.... There also doing a 2nd operation to remove the rest of it from around her lungs etc... Its a "High Risk" surgery for such a young person...

Lizzy, her aunt, sister and neice are currently on there way to Riley Childrens Hospital in Indianapolis... They should arrive around 2 or 3 am...at the Hospital....
Julianna, is in the ICU in Critical condition as her blood pressure droped during the 2nd operation.... Pls say a few prayers for Julianna...
A she is very unstable and very close to passing.

Have a Great Night EV1!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
Glad to hear everything went well.

Sending out well wishes to everyone else on the forum that is going through personal issues as well as health issues.

I know personally this has been a very trying week for myself with dealing with absolutely everything. It just seems that everything I have touched and tried to do has blown up in my face, with the exception of the one meeting. I am trying to stay positive in regards to everything as I have always felt there is not point dwelling on the negative as it seems if and when you do, life tries to see just how much you can take before you get to the breaking point. I used to hear people bring up all those old sayings like "life only gives you what you can handle" and the old "if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger" etc etc. But the reality it seems that I have found is this "life is a constant struggle, each and every day you are faced with a series of challenges and decisions. It is as if we are in a constant game of what's behind door number 3, and once we open the door it just seems to open another series of doors and we start all over again down the path. Are any of the doors better than the ones we didn't pick, well we never know as we didn't pick the door, and who's to say the door we picked was the worst of the options. We are continually faced with picking ourselves back up from the series of knock downs we are hit with, and in the end we can reflect upon everything we've done and all the decisions we make and hope that through all the trials and tribulations we end up with a wonderful family, great friends and some momento's of enjoyable times we were able to be lucky enough to pick up and keep along the way.

And that is about the end of my speech, wasn't meant to offend anyone, or inspire anyone, just a simple observation I have personally made about life (and he steps down of his podium )

Seriously though I do hope everyone has a great weekend and gets nothing but good news.
Thanks! I'm not going to give you any of those 'Sayings" I'll simply say, Not matter How many time you get hit, Keep your chin up. Although I don't know your Woas, I know what Hard knocks can do to your spirit. But your Spirit is Stronger than life's knocks. And I am sure that things will turn around for you! As I know things will turn around for me!!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:44 PM

5 Year Member

This is from my own experience,

What doesn't kill you, Only makes you stronger! I'm living proof!

For those of us that are going thru troubleing times right now...

God bless you and your familys! Prayers for all!

Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll share some GOOD news....
I got my Monte back! I got my Monte back!!!

This other body shop I think was a winner. They basically had to re-do a lot of the work the first shop did (only things they did not touch was the paint work on the hood and fender).

For example:
- Re-checked the frame alignment and CORRECTED it (allegedly the first shop did that, but I found reason to support, they did not do as good a job as they should have).
- Replaced the front impact bar
- Replaced front bumper cover (genuine GM this time)
- Re-adjusted hood and fenders

Over all, far better job I think. Just looking at some of the items that were "small" issues to most people when I mentioned them, they appear gone. So far I see my Monte looking the way it should again. I hope to not find any more issues.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:22 AM

5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

No news on baby Juliana yet this Morning....(finger crossed everything is alright)

Time for coffee and a shower this Morning...Going to be heading out soon for the Charlotte Meet and Greet!.... Looks like the rain is gone.. Should be a
nice weather for the rest of the day!

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:44 AM
Lightbulb ? "`be the best > U can `be " ?

Happy New Day Everyone

Don't be pushed by your problems, but
`be lead by your `dreams.
I hope that everyone can be good to themselves & others
on their journey of human `life.
Please help those in need `if you can, when you can ?
Yes, you can!
You can only `do, what you can only `do.
Do your `best & `be happy to `be.
No one knows how many new days they will get in life ?
Extract the best from this new day & enjoy!
"Love the ones you `Love"
- let them know -
Love `Life
No Regrets
4-Sure > What `if ?

Last edited by Space; 09-21-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Zen

Morning all
Another saturday at workbut I need the hours

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Good Evening EV1!

Juliannas biopsy came back negative for cancer.... But there still not sure it isn't... They did one operation ... to remove the fingers from around her heart.... There also doing a 2nd operation to remove the rest of it from around her lungs etc... Its a "High Risk" surgery for such a young person...

Lizzy, her aunt, sister and neice are currently on there way to Riley Childrens Hospital in Indianapolis... They should arrive around 2 or 3 am...at the Hospital....
Julianna, is in the ICU in Critical condition as her blood pressure droped during the 2nd operation.... Pls say a few prayers for Julianna...
A she is very unstable and very close to passing.

Have a Great Night EV1!
I really hope everything turns out ok.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Lots of rain here well a good movie day everyone have a safe and fun weekend

Old 09-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jason, good to hear you got the Monte back in shape.

had some rain here in the early hours of the morning. Hope everything goes well for the MCF meet and greet in Michigan today!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013