Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone.

High of 95 today (could possibly break a record) and by Friday we're way down to a high of just 62.

Just rolled my first 10k miles on the Cruze yesterday, so it's just below 48k miles now. Eight months and I have yet to do anything to that car, which is a bit hard to believe, but I do have some ideas that I'm either considering or would like to do at some point. Regarding the Monte, I have a car show coming up this Saturday, then the Michigan Meet & Greet the following Saturday, then possibly another car show the Saturday after that.

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Jason:
All I gotta say is:
Done or not!
I hope to see you on Sept 21st!
Jason, hope to see you on the 21st as well!

Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternoon all, kind of gray here today.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone, it is a grey and dismal day in my neck of the woods, so working in the office today is not too, too bad.

Hope everyone has a good day

Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 AM

hi having a day off, trying to get motivated, starting off by my love of my monte carlo, Can I upload pictures to my album or do I have to wait? put it up took it off, have a great day, wife starting to nag to get something done and get off the computer.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Good afternoon gang!

Well, have plans to get the wife's Mustang in for some rust repair (something she is very excited about). Going to a city council meeting tonight (see what fun craziness they wanna tell us the residents now). Amanda and I leave for Vegas in a couple of days.... And I'm sure a whole lotta fun I'm not even aware of yet.

Anyone watching Breaking Bad??? If so, my wife and I just got caught up on the last two episodes last night. I'm waiting to see how everything plays out, but there is so much more going on. Great show!!

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Jason:
All I gotta say is:
Done or not!
I hope to see you on Sept 21st!
Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Jason, hope to see you on the 21st as well!
So far, I think it's coming down to well I have my car back and pending issues corrected. I hope so I'd much rather come to a Monte Carlo meet-n-greet with my Monte Carlo.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Hi Space, didn't mean to make it seem like I was ignoring you. I haven't heard from Amy in a long time and was hoping for an update

Yes Admin `Mike,
I felt like I was being ignored & it made me very sad & all alone.
All's I had was my mirror to talk to & then we started to argue & it wouldn't shut `up. I can't get that guy in the mirror to agree with me & he told me to make a post & just say `hi to myself since you didn't.
After I composed myself, I made my post to fill in some empty `space on the MCF...I felt better after I read my own post...I even cleaned my mirror & I looked so much better after I wiped the tears from my `eyes...

Now, how do you feel ? > LOL (jk)
Isn't it just amazing what I will `do to keep our forum active...Oh,
my mirror just shouted back > `Yes Thanks `Mike & member's for putting `up with this character in Space & on the MCF
Say good bye mirror
`OK
===============================
Hi `Jen, thanks so much for your `Hi + your update
==============
Hi Mod's David, Jason & `Chris, `Ken, Lou, `Matt, Keane,
& `all EnJoy your afternoon/evening/2morrow & > `Life
What does your mirror say 2 you when you look @ `it ?
How are you today ? Did you miss me ? (LOL)

Last edited by Space; 09-10-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Afternoon all... just within around awaiting to go into work as another day passes... il still haven't had any luck with the downpipe install... had to remove the short dog bones, make 3 gaskets and smash them together, now I'm at the point of cutting the DP and changing the angle of the flange as a last resort.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Hi `Dustin (Augi),
Sorry 2 read that you are having a few problems getting your down pipe
to fit . Don't give `up > we all know that you will get it done You're one of those get `it done kinda guys

Again, nothing good in life or on a Monte is E.Z.
They were created to challenge the owners, but once they get it done > WoW We's can you have some fun >
Good Luck to you & your Monte

Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I'm having a headache trying to figure out the Cruze's fuel mileage lately. I know a lot can factor into mpg numbers but, in general, it seems like even with highly similar driving style/conditions I get significant fluctuations between fill ups. For instance, two tanks ago I got 35.0 mpg (MI gas), then my last tank was 31.7 mpg (OH gas). If anything I figured my last tank should have been better than the previous because I had more continuous highway driving. Both were on the same brand of gas (I fill up at Speedway 99% of the time). Both tanks were what I would consider highly similar driving conditions (i.e. same amount of highway driving at the same speed, light acceleration from stops/slow speeds) so I don't get why I would see as much as a 10% fluctuation. This goes for comparing most of my fill ups as well, not just these last two.

Only thing I can think of is it's possibly a specific station's fuel or fuel differences per state.

By the way, 35.0 mpg is my second best (35.6 is my best; June '13).

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 09-10-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:01 PM

Hi `Matt,
I think you are thinking to much ? >
Were you always driving alone ? Any extra weight ? How did you calculate your average MPG ?
Are you going my your odometer miles or the electronic average gauge ?

When you filled your gas tank, did you fill it to the top ? Experts suggest that you don't & just stop when the gas pump stops. (you risk overflow & loss of fuel in the overflow outlet on your gas tank ?

We check our MPG by filling the tank until the pumps stop & set our meter to zero and then wait until the next fill up & divide the new gallon's filled to the miles driven...

How was your weather on the last two checks that you did ?
Did you use or not use your a/c ?

Did you idle more one time over the other ? Do you have gas thieves in your area ? LOL > That's all I got 4 now > I just woke `Up from my power `nap, so I hope some of the above makes sense...
Now, I have a headache 2 > LOL >

I'm sure that many would love to get your MPG's 4-Sure...
(If you can, please post a pic of your Cruze for member's that haven't seen your other BLACK BEAUTY!)
Peace/Out

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013