Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Ken,
You must have a lot of vacation time built `up if you haven't had a vacation in 4 or five years.

It's great that you got to spend your day with your wife
Do you get paid for vacation days you don't take, or can you just let them accumulate ?

I've never had a vacation, but my grandfather always said "Space, your life is a vacation"
I guess, because so many from all over Planet `Earth come to Florida for their vacations or Winter Retreat..

Wish you & member's a safe/fun/relaxing `eve > EnJoy

Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Ken,
You must have a lot of vacation time built `up if you haven't had a vacation in 4 or five years.

It's great that you got to spend your day with your wife
Do you get paid for vacation days you don't take, or can you just let them accumulate ?

I've never had a vacation, but my grandfather always said "Space, your life is a vacation"
I guess, because so many from all over Planet `Earth come to Florida for their vacations or Winter Retreat..

Wish you & member's a safe/fun/relaxing `eve > EnJoy
Hi Space, unfortunately at one point I had 5 weeks paid vacation per year, but...................then the place closed which made me rather happy to say the least as every day I went to work it felt as if a black cloud suddenly appeared over everyone's head the second they walked in side the building, so it made going to work not that much fun when you are constantly surrounded by negativity it effects you in numerous ways, and none for the good. So then I went to college and edumacated meself and got in to the profession I am in now, and the degree in peoples attitude was much more positive, but the jobs I kept getting were either just like my previous job (such as the med surg floor I was on but it felt too much like factory work so I couldn't do it any longer) or the psychiatric hospital (where I met my wife, but she was another nurse, before anyone gets any ideas ) which was nice as it is completely fascinating to see the human mind in all different phases and conditions and it always made me stand in awe watching the patients as they came out of their situation and you could see them at their best and worst, more times the best which was good, or working in a correctional and treatment center (which every day was a challenge to say the least as every inmate was immediately going through cigarette withdrawal, or other much more serious drugs, as well as having the inmates deal with their mental condition as we would assist them in learning about their disease and how to deal with it and manage and cope in life) which again on some days was extremely rewarding, but..........(yes sadly there is always a negative to every positive) some of the guys were very, very mentally unstable and very unpredictable. When a friend of mine went in the ward to give a resident his supper, my friend was attacked by the resident and suffered some very serious injuries, and when the resident was asked why? his answer was "I was going to hurt the next person that walked by my room" soooooooooooo that pretty much pushed my decision to get out and find something that gave balance to my life, which is the position I'm in now, but unfortunately it just became full time after 3.5 years of being on a contract, in which holidays were not included.

So now I get holidays, but at the same time when you take a day off, you need to spend the next 2 days recovering as the clients don't take days off, and the workers, well lets just say there are more than one that some how manage to command most of your time

It is true when they say "we spend 80% of our time dealing with 20% of the problems"

Old 09-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Space and everyone, you have to excuse me for not checking in. I've been suffering from an ancient Chinese disorder called Dragon-***, all day. Made it home, don't wanna go to sleep too early cause I don't wanna be up watching I Love Lucy at 4am. But I wanna go to sleep. Thank goodness for MCF! This site gives me something to Look at other than the inside of my Eye lids.
Hope everyone had a Great Monte Carlo Day!

Last edited by JC Colon; 09-09-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Zen

Evening all

Old 09-09-2013, 08:16 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Zen
Evening all

Good Evening Zen, hope you had a good day

Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Zen

Originally Posted by ohara
Good Evening Zen, hope you had a good day
Not my best by far. But not going to dwell on it going to relax the rest of the day an hope for better tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Heres something completely stupid for you all...

Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dropped the Monte off with a different shop. I have a good feeling and I hope it's a true good feeling. The manager I met with seemed like a straight shooter and outlined a lot. He explained I'm in a bad situation of the work done is "acceptable industry standard" and I wanted a "show restoration". But he feels there is stuff he can help with and some of it dictates the insurance company approving it. There is an item that if it's not approved, my agent and I will have some words (as that does not meet "per-accident condition" nor does it meet "custom satisfaction").
But I'm de-stressing. I shared with the manager getting this done and done right has been a source of stress and he told me I should be able to stop stressing over it. Keeping the faith.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Heres something completely stupid for you all...

Ylvis - The Fox [Official music video HD] - YouTube

Leprechaun I believe you owe me 3:45 seconds of my life back

Old 09-09-2013, 08:56 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Dropped the Monte off with a different shop. I have a good feeling and I hope it's a true good feeling. The manager I met with seemed like a straight shooter and outlined a lot. He explained I'm in a bad situation of the work done is "acceptable industry standard" and I wanted a "show restoration". But he feels there is stuff he can help with and some of it dictates the insurance company approving it. There is an item that if it's not approved, my agent and I will have some words (as that does not meet "per-accident condition" nor does it meet "custom satisfaction").
But I'm de-stressing. I shared with the manager getting this done and done right has been a source of stress and he told me I should be able to stop stressing over it. Keeping the faith.
Glad to hear things are starting to look positive, on what appears to have been a long dark road for you

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013