Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all
Finally got Connor into school

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare

Space: I've been doing good so far! I bet running on the beach is nice...especially in the morning and watch the sun rise! Jealous! I'll eventually be able to run on sand..
I got someone to run with now, so its not just me, myself, and my thoughts of "I can't go anymore!" Having a partner helps alot. Already in the past 3 months since I started I dropped from 13/12 minutes a mile down to my last timed a few days ago 10.07 My best track time was at 9.45 or something around there, I'm catching up quick!
I wish I could still run.I think the best I ever did was 3 miles in 18.2ish but that was back in my Marine Corps days before I hurt my knees.
Beach runs were great.Just a little hard on the ankles though

Last edited by Zen; 09-09-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Zen

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
morning all, saw my friend from the air force last night. He is probably one of my best friends, sucks seeing him only a couple hours every few months.

Of to work soon, need to make an appointment to get the 04 detailed this week. Free time is limited due to my work schedule, trying to find time to do stuff and see my friend with his eye problems.
Military life can be hard on friends an family.I hardly seen any of my friends for 4 years when I was in

Old 09-09-2013, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...Good Morning Chris & thanks for checking in & sharing

[QUOTE]Chris, ^ maybe you hurt your knee's & ankle from kick'in 2 many people (LOL) R.U> Sparta ?[/QUOTE]

Where's our MCF Weatherman & Friend `Devin ?

Is he boycotting the Member's continuous `Blog ? I'm still try'in 2 get use to `it...I do kinda miss the daily MCF Greeting. I will `go with the majority & what is best for `all...

`Devin, please come home, we miss you
...The MCF just isn't the same without you 4-Sure
=====================================
Oh, I found him, he's back standing on his Rock checking the weather
and singing Devin, come down from your mountain & visit `us

Attached Thumbnails Check In > Every Day > September 2013-devin-king-rock.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 09-09-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Well, today I will be leaving work just a little early to head to another body shop to go over issues with the Monte and insurance claim. Here's to hopefully the final steps to completing this mess.

and as I said before Mike, I am THRILLED the battery failed a bench test (especially since you already paid to replace it). At least you have some feeling that was a source of an issue. May your power problems all disappear now!

Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Oh lookie, a continuous MCF Daily Blog! Hey everyone, how are you all doing? I decided to take the fall semester off of school through a leave of absence. It's what I need right now, I need to find happiness and be healthy. I'm not ready to be a student again for tens of thousands of dollars a semester. This was the hardest decision I've ever made. My girlfriend broke up with me too, but I have to think that this is all for the better because I have to worry about myself now. I'd love to hear from you guys!

Old 09-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Tyler! Good to see you again!

Taking a break from things is sometimes the only thing you can do. As long as you find what makes you happy, it will all be worth it

Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM

Hi Tyler,
It seem all good decisions in life are hard & difficult. I think you are wise to take a break to decide what is best for you on your journey of life...To me life is like a big map with so many thousands & thousands of roads to choose & travel...

It's better to take time to evaluate what is going to be best for you at this stage in your life...A retreat from the pressures, so that you can think clearly & decide what is best road for you to choose & travel. Not what others in your life think that is best 4 U!

I hope that you can find what is best for Tyler.. Maybe a return to college or a tech school, or being a beach bum ? ...You are fortunate to be in a position to have choices...I wish you time to think & make the best choices for you!

"Dream it, Plan it, Act `it" If you live, you are always a student in Life...We learn as we grow 4-Sure! What we thought a few years ago, may not be the same now...Life changes, & so do people 4-Real...Some for the Good & others for the BAD.
I hope you change for the GOOD!!!!!

I wish you the best in life..You will `be, who you desire to `be, if you are ready to work to get to where you want 2 `be Good Luck 4-Sure from `Space

p.s. I believe that you have to `be happy with yourself, b-4 you can be happy with anyone else.....

Last edited by Space; 09-09-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
Talking

Tyler:
Some of us here were beginning to wonder what happen to you... Welcome back! Its always good to take some time to gain perspective on things!

Sitting at belle tire..
Getting my new tires on the Silverado rebalanced and rotated! (its free under my road hazardwarranty)

Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM

Where's Everyone ?
Is everyone taking a `nap ?
Working on your Monte ?
Cooking me dinner ?
Putting wheels on my skateboard ?
Are you having another `party & again 4-got to invite me (again) ?
Is everyone trying to read all my posts ?
*U don't have 2 for-Sure ?, but U should to see `if you can figure them `out.
(they are kinda like a weird puzzle sometimes, `ok many times, `ok, ok, all the time)
Did someone die ? Well, I know several did 2day, but I sure
hope it's no one from the MCF >On`No
Really, what `if ?
We better get the MCF evening Party started
Where's Chris with the beverages ?
Where's Amy with our Pizza's
Where's `David with our dancer's ?
Where's `Tyler with our `tunes ?
OK, I just sit here & wait by myself
I get along good with myself > I think ?
What do you think ?
Are you thinking now on how to answer ?
What was the question again ?
I <> 4-got.
I'll just wait 4 your words (post)
Hurry, I have 2 `go to_____________________?
Sorry, I <>4-got

Last edited by Space; 09-09-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

good evening everyone, took my first vacation day in about 4 or 5 years today forgot how nice those days can be, but had to take the wife to an appointment so it wasn't a total day off but I still didn't have to work and got to spend some nice quiet time with the wife so in the end it was still a great day

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Check In > Every Day > September 2013