Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Car Show Monte Build info Display Banner (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/car-show-monte-build-info-display-banner-59507/)

ZIPPY02 03-21-2018 09:00 PM

Car Show Monte Build info Display Banner

5 Attachment(s)
This AutoRama event is weird in that you cannot stay by your car with chairs an such. And never knowing who will be coming through I wanted to make available information for what this Monte Carlo SS is all about. I mean you have to admit us newer Gen. Monte types find respect hard to come by. So I wanted to give the Monte its wow factor back to the few who may stop by to look it over.

Dave Kindig a local Salt Lake City custom car builder will be in attendance on Sunday. He has a TV show on Velocity Channel called "Bitchin Rides" and his shop builds custom cars, of which he will have some there. Hoping he hits my car up as he likes one off builds and of course my cars name is "The Bitch"... :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

So anyway I had this bullet point type banner made up, I have to sell this car to the "Hater" crowds, you know the ones who think a 57 Chevy should win every show.

I think it came out pretty good overall for a quickie... :thumbsup:

Your thoughts??

drivernumber3 03-22-2018 07:28 AM

Good Luck and take some photo's to share.

4 Attachment(s)
Great looking banner.
I know what you mean I could barely get a look over at some of the Car shows last year.
Seems the ones that have custom paint or are the classics get any awards.
The one thing I really dislike is when they have all the judging done by the crowd. One guy had his family there and they filled the basket with votes, and it was a crummy looking Mustang not even a fastback? go figure?
You got something to hang the banner on?
I enjoy the Velocity channel and Bitchin Rides is one of my Favorites. Also like Iron Resurrection too.
With this kind of show you may want to take some Carpet and mirrors to show off the underside, and also a couple of small plants for greenery, Dave Kindig did that on one of his displays. :cool:

I would imagine that the Chairs they feel distract from the display of the Car. I like to take photo's of Cars and not have someone photo-bomb the picture. Here are some samples of displays I saw not long ago. you can see the Granny I caught in the pic of the 57 Chevy convert.
Good Luck and take some photo's to share.:thumbsup:

The_Maniac 03-22-2018 02:03 PM

I just had my Monte in the Cleveland Ohio AutoRama/Piston Power show. People were sitting with or near there cars, some were out and about and others no sign of them near their cars. Curious if that rule was in place at my event. This is the link for the event I was in:
Piston Power Show

drivernumber3 03-22-2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 710148)
I just had my Monte in the Cleveland Ohio AutoRama/Piston Power show. People were sitting with or near there cars, some were out and about and others no sign of them near their cars. Curious if that rule was in place at my event. This is the link for the event I was in:
Piston Power Show

What do they charge now to be in that type of show? I think we did one back in 99 or 2000. But the club I was with we were selling raffle tickets for a 32 ford coupe and they had us pay like $300.00 I think.

The_Maniac 03-22-2018 05:10 PM

I believe our group was $50+ per vehicle. For an indoor show and all they provided us, I really don't think the price was too bad.