Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   April 2018 Photo Contes " Shade Tree Monte Carlo" (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/april-2018-photo-contes-shade-tree-monte-carlo-59556/)

drivernumber3 04-01-2018 06:43 AM

April 2018 Photo Contes " Shade Tree Monte Carlo"

Monte Carlo Photo Contest for April 2018

April 2018 Photo contest!
Once again we can use the old photo's that haven't been used in the contest previously.
This month the theme is
"Shade Tree" Monte Carlo,
Very similar to the
Shade Tree Mechanic
most of us can relate to that

Rule #1 Photo of your Monte under a Shade Tree, shown in the photo, under Trees, or partial shade of a Tree or in the Shade if you just can't find one under the Trees.
*You may use any photo that you have in your file or you can go take one too.
*There is no restriction on its age.
*Must be your Monte in the photo.

If you have them entered by
Sunday the 22nd of April that would be good.
Should be a fun and easy theme that everyone can play along, if we have more that 10 entries we will start another post, split the group and vote and then have a run off vote for the best one.

This one could bring back a few memories: I recall one where my Dad had bought a wrecked 1964 Impala and he owned a 1958 Chevy pickup, the pickup had a 283 V8 in it and we swapped out the one in the 64 Impala and put it in the pick up. It had the power packed heads and made the old truck a joy to drive again. I had several friends that were ace Mechanics and we swapped it out in 2days and several Cases of beer:eek::rotfl:
Also I had thought about 50 shades for a title but just didn't want to go there. I was in Waterloo, Iowa when the Movie was being advertised one morning on TV. The Breakfast common area was kinda full. I had noticed several business style ladies sitting around the room. Normally the fellows I worked with we sat at the center table in front of the Big TV. But it was occupied by several women. The commercial for the Movie 50 shades came on. I was kind of watching around the room and all these ladies had there eyes focused on the TV screen. Interesting to say the least! My co-workers and I were intrigued by this phenomenon.

drivernumber3 04-03-2018 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Something like this one would probably work? :cool: But this is not the Monte just an example.:nono: It was taken in front of my house, maybe in 2009?:confused::confused::confused:

turbo monte 04-03-2018 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wedding day :)

chifan 04-04-2018 08:10 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/monteca...b6be9720a0.jpg

drivernumber3 04-12-2018 07:08 AM

Okay, time to see if any one else has a picture, :confused:
Shade Tree Monte Carlo is the Theme. :cool::eek:

So if you got an outdoor shot or and indoor shot of your Monte with some shade on it your good.:nono:;)

Dig thru your archives to find a picture.

Barovelli 04-12-2018 07:41 PM

"Self Service", an abandoned mini mart on the old Fort Ord Army base.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/monteca...ef22806510.jpg

JuniorCar 04-17-2018 03:58 PM

I was thinking of sitting this contest out and limiting my exposure for a bit. But what else have I gots to do?

https://s14.postimg.cc/9hnnwrfld/Daytona2010_091.jpg

There sits the Bud Chev on sands of Daytona Beach in February 2010. I guess it's not really under the trees, and since it's over cast, there isn't really any shade going on either. But the shot is still very tree-ish, shot from the balcony of my hotel (No, I'm not really Dale Jr, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express that night). It was a lot colder than Canadians expect Florida to be that day. So cold in fact, that the race track froze and began disintegrating during the Great American Race. Twas the year of the pothole

ZIPPY02 04-18-2018 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 710742)
I was thinking of sitting this contest out and limiting my exposure for a bit. But what else have I gots to do?

https://s14.postimg.cc/9hnnwrfld/Daytona2010_091.jpg

There sits the Bud Chev on sands of Daytona Beach in February 2010. I guess it's not really under the trees, and since it's over cast, there isn't really any shade going on either. But the shot is still very tree-ish, shot from the balcony of my hotel (No, I'm not really Dale Jr, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express that night). It was a lot colder than Canadians expect Florida to be that day. So cold in fact, that the race track froze and began disintegrating during the Great American Race. Twas the year of the pothole

Now that is funny if what you are saying is true, Goodyear sold a lot of tires at that event I would bet. The photo you submitted looks pretty one off, how often does one find the opportunity to get out on the sand like that. You do have an eye. :)

JuniorCar 04-18-2018 03:52 PM

You don't remember the 2010 Daytona 500?

They had to stop the race several times. They tried to repair the opening pothole on the track with Bondo, of all things, which wasn't holding up. This extended the race time by hours into the night, which probably aggravated the problem worse. Meanwhile, we were freeze our flippin' butts off in the grandstands because we just weren't prepared. I lost my mind and ripped a sink off the wall in the washroom. My wife was catatonic balled up in her seat and was even watching the finish when everyone else was on their feet. Jr had a awesome last lap charging for about 10 positions, but came up short to finish 2nd.

As far as getting the car on the sand for the pic, it can be done anytime in Daytona Beach (until the tide comes in at night), but usually that beach would be crowded with people. Don't forget - that is where the Daytona 500 was originally raced until 1958

drivernumber3 04-18-2018 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 710775)
You don't remember the 2010 Daytona 500?

They had to stop the race several times. They tried to repair the opening pothole on the track with Bondo, of all things, which wasn't holding up. This extended the race time by hours into the night, which probably aggravated the problem worse. Meanwhile, we were freeze our flippin' butts off in the grandstands because we just weren't prepared. I lost my mind and ripped a sink off the wall in the washroom. My wife was catatonic balled up in her seat and was even watching the finish when everyone else was on their feet. Jr had a awesome last lap charging for about 10 positions, but came up short to finish 2nd.

As far as getting the car on the sand for the pic, it can be done anytime in Daytona Beach (until the tide comes in at night), but usually that beach would be crowded with people. Don't forget - that is where the Daytona 500 was originally raced until 1958

That is a kool shot for sure.
I remember the driving on the beach at Daytona in 1998 when we were out there. Pretty cool for sure. On the west coast in the Monterey area it is difficult to drive on the beach the sand is not compacted, so you just sink away. Once near the water it is better, but getting there is tough.
Back in the 60's on occasion a Barge would loose its load of lumber and we would go down and retrieve all the boards we could find and bring them home and build Tree Houses out of them. We had eucalyptus trees to build in, they usually had a spot in an about 6 to 8 ft. that was good to begin the build. Amazing the stupid stuff I remember. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: