Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   anyone else have problems on ebay? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/anyone-else-have-problems-ebay-20633/)

lucian*91 05-13-2010 10:19 PM

anyone else have problems on ebay?

ever have someone buy your item and deleat there account?:eek: :mad::mad:
or like recently, they bought an item, said they didnt want it while paying 5 days later?:(:mad: --i can see this happening to where they say they want a refund and then giving my account a bad review!!!
:confused: whats ever happened to you? so i and others can take precautions to avoid that happening to us too
if you want to look me up.. lucian*91

bumpin96monte 05-13-2010 10:48 PM

Yes, my last 3 or 4 transactions on there have all been crappy.

I bought new headlight bulbs for my GP- one worked great, the other was DOA. Had to pay to ship them back for a new set- both of which were VERY dim for some reason (could see light from my parking lights on the road)- looked at the refund policy- they'll give you 100% back on the purchase if you pay to ship them back. The auction price was like $7 with $13 shipping- so I spent $5 to ship back originally, I wasn't about to spend another $5 to get $7 back.

Second was buying a camera cable for my mom's computer- bought it from this place, and some guy privately emails me off ebay that they don't have it (it goes straight to my spam box)- I send multiple inquiries on ebay about the product, no response. Finally I happen to look at my junk/spam box- and see the message- he says its out of stock, do I want to wait a month, or do I want a refund? Well, finally the product shows up after a month and a half- and the two cables are switched (audio is video, and video is audio- its only mono audio, so no big deal). Kinda ticked about that- why sell something you don't actually have in stock?

Last item I bought was an xbox live card from a private seller. I was hoping to get one a little cheaper- and maybe by buying from an individual, they'd just email me the code. Well, I won, and the guy dropped off the face of the earth. After about 2 months, ebay gave my money back.

I don't even want to mess with selling with how bad my buying experiences have been lately. Although, I've been having great luck with half.com (bookstore thing owned by ebay)

lucian*91 05-13-2010 10:56 PM

selling isnt too bad, just have to watch here and their and only accept paypal. but it seems like people come up with creative ways to waist everyone's time and a little cash. so annoying. and haha, i bought a 3 month card from meijer. the code registered 12 months. plus a free month from microsoft. got 13 months for 20 bucks. went back and had my friends buy cards that night. they were defective too. haha, im still registered for another two years on xbox. they must have sold a defective stack. anyways, yeah i hate it when they delete their account

ChibiBlackSheep 05-14-2010 08:56 AM

I've been doing more and more with Amazon lately and way less with eBay unless it's a trusted seller.

AwesomeSS 05-14-2010 09:52 AM

I really haven't had any problems with buying on ebay. But I just recently sold a Garmin GPS and the guy never paid and tried to contact him but never responded. I just relisted the thing. I tried the 2nd chance offer but nobody excepted my offer.

RickAKATed10 05-14-2010 11:20 AM

No problems. Love it.

lucian*91 05-14-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS (Post 226203)
I really haven't had any problems with buying on ebay. But I just recently sold a Garmin GPS and the guy never paid and tried to contact him but never responded. I just relisted the thing. I tried the 2nd chance offer but nobody excepted my offer.

did you file your no payment claim so you get refunded the percent they take out of your final selling price and ad fee?

AwesomeSS 05-14-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by lucian*91 (Post 226252)
did you file your no payment claim so you get refunded the percent they take out of your final selling price and ad fee?

yep I did - ebay is pretty good at resolving stuff.

lucian*91 05-14-2010 09:18 PM

nice, so there arnt any other stories of ebay out there?

wht02monte 05-14-2010 09:54 PM

I got a story as a buyer. I bought some headlight last year. After a month they didnt show up so I made a dispute and the seller said they were gonna send them out in a week, they sent them out like 2 weeks later (I didnt know they sent them) and made another dispute. Then, customer service refunded me my money, the next day the headlights showed up and I got to keep the refund. Thats what they get for not answering my emails :)