Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Any basketball fans here? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/any-basketball-fans-here-24112/)

Milhouse 11-05-2010 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 273352)
Not sure why anyone from Cleveland should be happy for Lebron?

If that's what you came away with based on what i've said then you and I have nothing to discuss on this topic. Buh-bye:)

Originally Posted by Nocturnx (Post 273417)
1) Media is not media. The local Cavs beat writer here was Brian Windhorst. He does not report half truths or jump to conclusions. He is well known and respected in Cleveland, I have met him personally many times. Once again you have no clue what you are talking about, pretend all you want.

Keyword, WAS. Oh the irony of you using Mr. Windhorst as your example. First and foremost, you are so stuck on where i'm getting my info from so I guess what I'd like for you to do is identify exactly what info you're referring to. And if I have indeed provided info that is not true then you might be better served by having something other than your opinion to prove as much.

But back to Mr. Windhorst, LOL. You're knocking LeBron for being a coward, turning his back on the fans of Cleveland and the only organization he had ever known, even calling him a traitor for leaving. Nevermind that he stands to make loads more money by making this move, nevermind that he stands to have an infinitely higher chance at reaching his career and financial goals, nevermind that Gilbert did LeBron no favors by surrounding him with overpaid underachievers, nevermind the fact that LeBron fulfilled his contractual obligation to the organization. What did Mr. Windhorst do as of last month? The highly respected, can do no wrong Mr. Windhorst not only turned his back on the Cleveland Plain Dealer by leaving them to join a National Media conglomerate, ESPN, but he threw in some salt on the fresh wound by joining ESPN to cover the Heat. LMAO!!! So the last few months leading up to LeBron making his decision, the highly respected Mr. Windhorst was pondering his own decision, stay in Cleveland or jump ship to ESPN.

Do you think Mr. Windhorst considered the effect his departure would have on the local media, the CPD, local economy, his faithful fans or any other bs like that? If he did, it's clear how important those things were to him. LOL. That opportunity was something of a dream job to him, no other job could have enticed him to leave the CPD, it also allowed him to further his career and keep climbing the ladder of success while making significantly more money as well. Wow, that sounds awfully familiar, oh yeah, cause it's the same thing LeBron did. Yet Mr. Windhorst is respected and LeBron is hated. LMFAO!

And don't tell me about a hint, please, that's about as weak as it gets. A hint is an indirect implication, not a direct expression. So if you took anything he said or did and ran with it as if it were the gospel then you only have yourself to blame. Did LeBron fulfilll his contractual obligation to the Cavs? Yep!! Matter of fact, he fulfilled two contacts with them! Was it in his contract that he HAD to bring a championship to Cleveland? So at the end of the day you are a hypocrite and are holding a grudge simply because things didn't work out the way you wanted them to. Get over it!

2) Exactly, and no random person on the internet is going to change mine.

That's so far from the point, which was your intense focus on where i'm getting my info from, as if we were debating facts. But we aren't, get it? So if i'm debating something with you that's not born from any media production then why do you keep pointing something out that's not only untrue but completely irrelevant?

3) Actually yes you do because you are poorly informed. It is well known that ESPN has pulled articles off their website that cast Lebron in a negative light, google "Lebron article removed from espn". National media and local media are not the same. The fact that you are comparing this to a presidential election is hysterical...

You wanna talk about poorly informed? LMAO!! You took self described "hints" LeBron made as being direct expressions that he was going to remain in Cleveland, when if you would have informed and educated yourself by taking the time to look up the meaning of the word "hint" you would have realized then that a hint is the exact opposite of a direct expression. You could have saved yourself alot of agony and sleepless nights, and maybe even allowed yourself to put up something resembling a well informed debate on the topic. But instead, you're left to look like a woman scorned.

My responses in red

Originally Posted by Nocturnx (Post 273419)
Are you serious? Everyone knows local media is more accurate than national media. Local media is more close to the situation. Local media does all the fact digging, interviewing, and is on scene. The fact that your laughing is just making yourself look more foolish at this point.

My gosh, didn't think I'd have to spell everything out for you but since you're having a problem putting 2 and 2 together I will.

The only one citing what LeBron did or didn't do as being factual is you. Are you and LeBron friends, have you guys had conversations? Since the answer is no to both questions, the ONLY way you could have gotten your information is via the media. So while you're sitting there telling me that i'm misinformed (although about what you can't say) and am only getting my info from the media, it's actually YOU that is guilty of that!

The media didn't tell me Florida has a better climate than Cleveland. The media didn't tell me Miami is a larger market than Cleveland. The media didn't tell me LeBron made the best business decision for himself and his family. The media didn't tell me LeBron on a team with 2 other superstars has a far better chance to win the Finals than LeBron with Cleveland. The media didn't tell me it's not LeBron's responsibility to consider anything other than what's best for him and his family when it came to making his decision. The media didn't tell me that if you were offered your dream job on the other side of the country that you'd take it and move on from your current situation. The media didn't tell me none of that, all of which is the foundation to my stance on the subject. So i'm still trying to figure out why you're choosing to keep emphasizing an incorrect assumption. But in retrospect, I guess that would be par for the course for you.;)

Nocturnx 11-05-2010 03:50 PM

You are just trolling at this point. I'm not even going to bother reading that mess, funny to see you are putting a lot of time and energy into the responses though, jokes on you.

Nocturnx 11-05-2010 04:06 PM

Now if anyone actually wants to discuss basketball lets please do that. Cavs play the 76ers tonight and it's one I'm hoping we can win. Should be a good game.

KJRich 11-05-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by DBS MC (Post 273514)
If that's what you came away with based on what i've said then you and I have nothing to discuss on this topic. Buh-bye:)

My responses in red

My gosh, didn't think I'd have to spell everything out for you but since you're having a problem putting 2 and 2 together I will.

The only one citing what LeBron did or didn't do as being factual is you. Are you and LeBron friends, have you guys had conversations? Since the answer is no to both questions, the ONLY way you could have gotten your information is via the media. So while you're sitting there telling me that i'm misinformed (although about what you can't say) and am only getting my info from the media, it's actually YOU that is guilty of that!

The media didn't tell me Florida has a better climate than Cleveland. The media didn't tell me Miami is a larger market than Cleveland. The media didn't tell me LeBron made the best business decision for himself and his family. The media didn't tell me LeBron on a team with 2 other superstars has a far better chance to win the Finals than LeBron with Cleveland. The media didn't tell me it's not LeBron's responsibility to consider anything other than what's best for him and his family when it came to making his decision. The media didn't tell me that if you were offered your dream job on the other side of the country that you'd take it and move on from your current situation. The media didn't tell me none of that, all of which is the foundation to my stance on the subject. So i'm still trying to figure out why you're choosing to keep emphasizing an incorrect assumption. But in retrospect, I guess that would be par for the course for you.;)

Interesting how you want to dismiss me with a quick "buh-bye," but when Nocturnx told you he was done discussing it with you, you keep coming back with more and more.:rolleyes:

Milhouse 11-05-2010 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx (Post 273521)
You are just trolling at this point. I'm not even going to bother reading that mess, funny to see you are putting a lot of time and energy into the responses though, jokes on you.

See my friend, the difference between you and I is that I don't have a problem admitting when i'm wrong. I'm man enough to not only admit as much, but to apologize when appropriate. I've simply pointed out how hypocritical you are and when you can't refute the points that I make you shut down.

At this point, we're both being stubborn....you won't admit how hypocritical you are and I can't stop myself from responding so at this point I think we should just agree to disagree. I've made my point, no sense in beating a dead horse.

No hard feelings;)

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 273531)
Interesting how you want to dismiss me with a quick "buh-bye," but when Nocturnx told you he was done discussing it with you, you keep coming back with more and more.:rolleyes:

Yep, you got dismissed;) Makes no sense to debate it with you seeing as how your conclusion was nowhere near what I said or meant.

LOL. You can't type 3 paragraphs about LeBron and then end it with "Let's not talk about LeBron" and think that's it. I have an opinion too! But he's said his piece, I've said mine, no sense in carrying on any longer about it.

How 'bout those Miami Heat! Yeah, they lost their first game by 8 to the defending Eastern Conference champs, but they've won all their games since by an average of just under 23pts!!!

I like the Trailblazers....I just wish they'd dump the modern day Sam Bowie, Greg Oden. At this point, if they could get a Happy Meal in return they should jump on it!

Nocturnx 11-06-2010 01:16 PM

Not sure how I'm being a hypocrite, I've held the same stance throughout the discussion, which is Lebron = Traitor and Coward. This is a friendly forum so enough with the attacks.

I love this video btw: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-282886

Go Cavs!

MAMONTE 11-06-2010 01:50 PM

End of thread!