Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2012 Cobra Jet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Wow! Thats awesome! I still hate the butt of the new mustangs though...other then that they're a 10

Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 PM

I was searching for a drag vid of the Cobra, but could not find.
If you or anyone finds a video of the posted Cobra, please post it ~> Thanks

Found the below one & it's Wild Silver 4-Sure...
I'd pay to drive one on the Track
Personally, I'd rather have the new Camaro ZL1 & have $50 K
to enjoy driving it : )
2012 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Review

Filed under: Ford

The 2012 Mustang Cobra Jet comes in standard with an aluminum block (previously optional) and 5.4-liter V8 now boasts a forged crankshaft enriched and upgraded connecting rods. The rear suspension and brakes have also been improved, and spring rates front and rear have been optimized. New Weld Racing Black anodized rims are wrapped with Cobra Jet Goodyear brand tires with a whole new connection. Finally, three colors will be available – red, white and blue – with a group of graphics options.

The new Ford Mustang Cobra Jet few TEW Weld Racing Black anodized rims are wrapped with Cobra Jet Goodyear brand tires with a whole new connection. Finally, three colors will be available – red, white and blue – with a group of graphics options.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I'm going to be straight up honest... that's an ugly car. I'd take a ZL-1 Corvette for that price.... and I'm a Ford guy!!! Fast, fun, and that sounds like a good car collection you mentioned above.... but I wouldn't have one of these cars. For that price, you could just about have one of the old 428-429 Cobra Jet cars from the 60's perfectly restored too. Wouldn't be nearly as fast or even as reliable as this new one, just saying though....

I guess it has that nitch for the drag racing market... it will be a tough car to beat on teh strip I'm sure. It definitely wasn't built with the road in mind. Probably wasn't built with much looks in mind.

I'd just take a Mustang GT and be happy with the 350-400 hp whatever it is.... I'm getting old and mellow here... I'm only 21 too!
Im right there with ya. If i had the money to buy this car, i wouldn't. I would much rather get an old Boss302, a new Kr or a new boss. Maybe have some left over for a newer v8 Monte

Old 04-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Jon

Well then again. The cobra jet is a drag car, and the others i listed are all street. so if i was into racing on the strip i would get the jet. but if i want something i could actually drive, i would go with something else

Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM

I think it's a Rich Man (Women) Toy 4-Sure....
To me it's a PoorKid's Dream Machine...until I win the Big Lotto ~> Another `Dream : )

I hope Chevy mades a limited Drag Camaro...Now that would be a Great Race 4-Real....~>Line'em `up & Light'em `Up...That wold be Smok'in 4-Sure : )

I love the air intakes for the TURBO's 4-Real=Sure : )
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Don Baskin NMCA Pro Stock 2010 Camaro drag car makes debut

Posted by: admin In: Main ()
Don Baskin recently debuted his brand new NMCA Pro Stock 2010 Camaro a couple of weekends ago at Maple Grove (photos and drag video HERE!). It’s one of the first purpose-built 2010 Camaros debuting on the circuit. Greg Delaney piloted this hod rod Camaro and achieved a 8.61 @ 155mph during qualifying.
The car was assembled by the crew at B&B Race Cars and is powered by a Bischoff Racing Engines-built small block Chevrolet for the all-motor Pro Stock class, which will be backed by a Liberty five-speed transmission. It is painted in the Baskin team’s signature candy orange colors with black Camaro racing stripes.
Even more Camaros are expected to join the circuit, so stay tuned!
Make sure to check out the furious drag clip at the following LINK

Last edited by Space; 04-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Jon

That yellow camaro looks photoshopped. I dont like the look of it so much tho =(

Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
That yellow camaro looks photoshopped. I dont like the look of it so much tho =(
No `Jon, it's not a photoChop : ) It's just a built drag racing Camaro
2010 Camaro Drag Car

Next

1st 2010 camaro Drag Car In The Country?
2 min - Oct 23, 2008
videos.streetfire.net

Old 04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now that I look at the Cobra Jet again with fresh eyes, and reading a little bit on it, I have to re-think my view on it.

It's strictly a drag racer, not street legal anywhere. It's $104,000. And puts out 425 HP. I suppose it's great for someone who's looking to buy a factory built, ready to go drag racer. No building work needed. But I'd want to have some fun with it, and drive the streets a little.

I would rather buy a street legal car, and build up the horsepower on it. Something I could have fun with on the street and the track.

By the way... Is it just my imagination, or are those slicks a little on the narrow side?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jon
Nah, not photoshopped. The front clip is obviously a fibreglass shell. And the grill is not real. They simulated the Camaro's front grill with a decal.