Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2011 Top Picks from Consumer Reports (?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No one asked `me, but I think there's to many consumer's out there that are `HIGH Their Minds are all fogged `up...

There's a lot of stress in our World..

^ We are consumer's ^ & I
think we voted in the Consumer
Review ? LOL ?

Last edited by Space; 09-23-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

WOW! Far out, man! This car handles like a dream. And what a smooth ride too. It's like I'm not even moving, dude!

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Top Picks from Consumer Reports (?)-cheech-chong-2009-5-24-0-51-56.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 AM

LoL `Lou, you must have taken your funny pill 2day LOL ~ LOL

Old 09-23-2012, 04:04 PM

I don't have to rely on the CR and Edmunds.com for reviews. Done all the maintenance earlier than the owners manual says to and intake gaskets. rack and pinions, struts, control arm bushings, front hubs, ac control panels multiple times, ac actuator failures, On-star module failures.

The wife's Honda has 15K on it has just been in the Dealer for a door jamb switch made in OH with an engine that is made in America and assembled by Americans. The MC had been in the dealer for 5x by 15K.

I have lived it. When I bought the last GM I said if the car has as many issues as the previous 2 it will be the last. Well it is the last. Google all the issues and they are common GM problems. Chevy is just a Cheap Car. You get want you pay for. Corvette maybe, but it is almost its own marque.

I am just surprised that people will support Chevy because it is a "American Brand" assembled in Canada by union workers with parts made in Mexico, Canada, and China, but then have a Samsung TV in their living room.

An inferior unreliable "American Car" takes money away from my kids college fund, vacations, out of their mouths. To buy a car because itsand American Car is insantity, but then again to do the same over and over again to expect different results is the definiton of insanity.

No longer care about brand loyalty give me reliability, comestics and lowest totaal cost of ownership. Rattles and squeaks fall under reliability because it is not a good sign when a dealer tells you " to turn up the radio when the door latch rods rattle." Check the TSBs before purchase Chevy vs Honda.
The argument that the money stays in America someone needs to come up with a graph with how much money benefits from an "American Brand" car that was assembled in Canada or Mexico goes to benefit America...

To buy an "American Brand" that fails aart with regular routine early maintenance is the definition of insanity.

Honda should ran in NASCAR. I would love to see Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon run an Accord it is acutally a 2 door. Hendrick Motorsports makes all his $$$ to support his race teams by selling Hondas.

Last edited by 24_48Fan; 09-23-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by 24_48Fan
I don't have to rely on the CR and Edmunds.com for reviews. Done all the maintenance earlier than the owners manual says to and intake gaskets. rack and pinions, struts, control arm bushings, front hubs, ac control panels multiple times, ac actuator failures, On-star module failures.

The wife's Honda has 15K on it has just been in the Dealer for a door jamb switch made in OH with an engine that is made in America and assembled by Americans. The MC had been in the dealer for 5x by 15K.

I have lived it. When I bought the last GM I said if the car has as many issues as the previous 2 it will be the last. Well it is the last. Google all the issues and they are common GM problems. Chevy is just a Cheap Car. You get want you pay for. Corvette maybe, but it is almost its own marque.

I am just surprised that people will support Chevy because it is a "American Brand" assembled in Canada by union workers with parts made in Mexico, Canada, and China, but then have a Samsung TV in their living room.

An inferior unreliable "American Car" takes money away from my kids college fund, vacations, out of their mouths. To buy a car because itsand American Car is insantity, but then again to do the same over and over again to expect different results is the definiton of insanity.

The argument that the money stays in America someone needs to come up with a graph with how much money benefits from an "American Brand" car that was assembled in Canada or Mexico goes to benefit America...

To buy an "American Brand" that fails aart with regular routine early maintenance is the definition of insanity.

Honda should ran in NASCAR. I would love to see Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon run an Accord it is acutally a 2 door. Hendrick Motorsports makes all his $$$ to support his race teams by selling Hondas.

To buy a car because itsand American Car is insantity, but then again to do the same over and over again to expect different results is the definiton of insanity
<~>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Didn't you buy 3 GM Cars ?

Hi `Eric, I hope you feel better stating your problems, but I think you have made your point & that you are very unhappy with your Chevy Monte Carlo ...I wish you better luck with your next purchase...I think our member's have heard enough trash talk...here in this thread & others. I do think you are in the minority, but we could debate this 4-ever.

I can tell you are stressed out by your decisions & your purchases of GM products. We live & hopefully learn from our choices in life...Be happy that there are so many other auto companies that you can purchase from out there...Good Luck **& please move on to your better choice of transportation...

I'm sure you will get more support from a Honda site, since that is your new love...p.s. I do like Honda's, but I also love the Chevy Monte Carlo (, but we do get what we pay for as you stated)...

Peace/Happiness 2 you & the reader of my words..

THE END

Last edited by Space; 09-23-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:06 PM

Bought 2 GM cars and told the Dealer that the 3rd time would be the last if I have the same issues, but that Dealer failed during the Government Motors bail out go figure. Guess what... I am honest and stay to my word. I gave GM every chance to succeed. It's not my fault that they build a POS.

Peace.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Hi `Eric, you again are repeating yourself...Please cease your frustrations & take a time out on this subject.

You've made your point...We've read & listened..We shall respect you, so please respect our membership..., or depart...
Thank You ~> The `END

Old 09-23-2012, 05:21 PM

Will do. Not sure the graphic is respect though.

Thanks.

Lordstown Syndrome:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...town-syndrome/

Last edited by 24_48Fan; 09-23-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by 24_48Fan
Will do. Not sure the graphic is respect though.

Thanks.

Lordstown Syndrome:
NYT Declares UAW Free From “Lordstown Syndrome” | The Truth About Cars

You continue to post negative remarks that are anti Monte Carlo when you have been asked to stop/cease.

Since you have nothing good to say we shall give you a vacation from the MCF... I think it's making you to stressful being around happy Monte Carlo Owners...

Wish you good luck with your future ride and in your `life...Peace/Out, Good-bye

Below is MCF Rule #14 + there are many more rules that have been violated.
14. We ask that members keep in mind your membership is a Privilege, NOT a right, and as a private forum, the administration and moderators have total say as to which members are, and are not allowed. The same rule applies for single posts and threads, and anything deemed to be inappropriate by any member of the staff will be removed. Members who continue to ignore this rule will be removed with no possibility of return.

Last edited by Space; 09-24-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There's one thing I don't like when people argue that an American car being built in Canada makes it less American...

Last time I checked, North America consisted of Canada...

There's a difference when a car is "assembled" in America from Internationally sourced parts also.

Quick Reply: 2011 Top Picks from Consumer Reports (?)