Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2¢ Worth PT 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2¢ Worth PT 3

Since last weekend my dad & I went and looked at plus test drove the '00 red SS and '03 JG SS Space was nice enough to locate for me.

Both cars are very nice. I believe the red '00 is just a hair nicer then the '03 Gordon SS. One thing about the red SS is the tan interior. My g/f feels it is something she wouldn't like. We plan on driving the this place so she can see the car tomorrow after she get's off work. And so she can test drive the car.

If I had my pick........... I'd go for the '03 Gordon car. Only cause I like the color a lot.

The sales guy at this dealership said the $10,900 price was rock bottom so no dealing was possible. The red '00 is the price may budge a bit in our favor. Or that's the feeling I got when we talked with the owner of this place.

The red '00 does appear to have the wrong tires on it and this was an issue the owner said he'd look in to before friday.

My g/f spotted a silver Monte at another small dealer that I went to look at this morning. At first we thought it was an '06. But it's an '03 SS. And this car has seen better days. Damage to the front facia on the pass side. The driver side quarter has side swiped something as well as scratches on the pass quarter. And more paint scratches in the door, mirrors, trunk lid.
They want $12,900 for this car with 109,2xx miles on it. I told them it was out of my price range.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Default RE: 2¢ Worth PT 3

Hi `RJ,
I hope that you find the right one for you & your g/f.
I like the red with tan interior, and the price & miles seem right,
plus it stated the Monte's been in the same famly since new.
I hope they will give you a good deal, no matter what one your get.
Good Luck from `Space
[:-]
[:-]# 2 [:-]I like this one I would offer $8K out the door : )

Mileage: 64,845
Does it look as good in person ? How did it drive/run ?
Good Luck

Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Space,

I was thinking offering $7500 and see if they grab for it? You can always go up, but down rarely works.

The car drove nice. Like I said it does have some issue with either a brake, a strut, or the tires on the car? But the owner said they'd look in to it before friday.

I think the car would be a good one for her. It's just convincing her the tan interior is okay with the bright red paint.

I would change the surf board spoiler if she does get the car to the race inspired, stand up spoiler only cause I like them better.

But thank you for doing my research for me.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:35 PM

[align=center]Hi `R.J., and Member's reading my words : )[/align][align=center]I don't know what dealer fees, & taxes are in your area,[/align][align=center]but $8K out the door seems like a decent price : )[/align][align=center]
But, Buyer BeWare...I would check everything `out
[/align][align=center]on any vehicle I was spending that amount of money..4Sure : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You are also Welcome, I love helping my `friends.[/align][align=center]I rather help them, then `hurt them.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There's enough `hurt in our World.[/align][align=center]I was taught, it's better to give then 2receive, but when I was[/align][align=center]younger, I didn't understand that, but I keep learning the[/align][align=center]more I travel my `journey in `life.[/align][align=center]It seem, when I do something good for someone,there always[/align][align=center]seems to be a reward for my actions.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you good luck on finding the right Monte[/align][align=center]for you & yours. A NASCAR spoiler & tint would[/align][align=center]look awesome on a red Monte SS ~> 4-Sure[/align][align=center]Peace/Happiness from `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]ps. this is my first post from my new home (tin can) I've [/align][align=center]moved in2, and I'm already hooked `up online : )[/align][align=center]Thank You Bell South Phone Co : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/84B16431AB99444B9DFC981DF4191E39.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

haha... i'd have to upload the pictures... but a guy in Chapel Hill (private seller) told me how great of a condition this monte he had was in that he would sell me... things had dents in the hood, the door, scratches everywhere, and a big crack in the front bumper.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Space, you're living in a tin can now? That can't be good.

Duane, post the pics of this car if you can. I'd like to see it.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:43 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj

Space, you're living in a tin can now? That can't be good.

[/align][align=center]RJ, it's better then a tent, or being homeless, and it's[/align][align=center]better then my friends pool house I was living.[/align][align=center](Plus it's less then 2 miles 2 the Beach : )[/align][align=center]The trailer has more room, plus it has hot water : )[/align][align=center]a stove/micro/larger fridge : )[/align][align=center]I'll stay here until I finish school.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Look forward to your future post, on what Monte you buy : )[/align][align=center]Thanks, from `Space[/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/505A9EB41F31416098E88395FE3DACE4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/9D985E667685437183314E74DFAEA6DB.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Space,

It's not bad. And it's definately better the living on the street.
(I've never lived on the street but I have lived in my car)

What does your wonderful & beautiful Spacegirlfriend think of this?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:09 PM

RJ--My '99 Z34 is red w/tan interior, and it actually is very nice. I didn't think I would like it at first, but then I compared it to a '99 Z34 that was red w/black interior....it was WAY too dark w/the black. It may take some time, but I'm sure she'll grow fond of it. I know I have on mine. Good luck and keep us updated...pt. 4 maybe? lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Space,

What does your wonderful & beautiful Spacegirlfriend think of this?

R.J., she is happy that I have a place to crash : )
We've been 2-gether for 15 yrs, since we were 5 yrs old : )
WoW ~ Wee
We use to camp out on the beach in a pup tent often : )
When she finishes her nurses training we are going to
look for a house : ). She is in training between Orlando Medical
Center, & Halifax Hospital in Dayonta, Fl.
I only get to see her on weekends : ( or sometimes only once
a week. She also has part time `jobs : ) $$'s
Thanks 4 your post & concerns.
The Bum's & I are look'in forward to see what Monte
Carlo you get...Good Luck in the deal : )
Peace, from `Space

Quick Reply: 2¢ Worth PT 3