Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which one do you like/want ?
2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL`1
51.72%
2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
37.93%
I don't like either one...4 those $'s I'd get a (I will post it)
10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

= The Competition for the Camaro ZL`1 ? =

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Heres a sweet ZL1

Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM

The Camaro ragtop looks good but the roofline and glass area of the coupe look out of place on the coupe. I've always been more concerned with how a car looks going down the road rather than how fast it will cross the quarter mile. I like the Ford Mustang and the Dodge Challenger.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 AM

For those prices I would get a cadillac cts V coupe. At least I would fit in that.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Heres a sweet ZL1

Isn't there a MCF Rule that you can not make posts when you are under the influence ? ? ? ~> or being stoned when you are mod'ing your ride ? ~>

It's really not my color & style, but I'm sure that the owner loves it...(I hope so) Thanks `Mike, it is the first Camaro of that Gen I've seen with SUPER BIG Dubs WoW, that's Big $'s 4 those Rim's & Tires...Big $'s 4 the whole package...

I prefer factory front tires & RoadRacing Slicks on the Rear.

It will be interesting how many member's like it ? I wonder...Maybe `if I smoked a good one, I'd want `it & drive it some place to get some `munchie's

p.s. Thanks 4 sharing `Mike, I'm doing everything I can 2day to stay awake...It's been another long night shift 4-me 4-Sure...Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 05-29-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
For those prices I would get a cadillac cts V coupe. At least I would fit in that.

If you are going to dream, dream `Big
Like your choice of rides...The Mercede's you posted & also the CTS-V....
How tall are you ? I know that you are a Big Man & it has to limit your choice of the rides that you like...
Thanks for sharing + all your contributions...Thanks accepting friends request...

<~>No first name in your profile...Should we just call you `Grizzly ? or Mint ? or _____________?
Please let us know

Last edited by Space; 05-29-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Space

If you are going to dream, dream `Big
Like your choice of rides...The Mercede's you posted & also the CTS-V....
How tall are you ? I know that you are a Big Man & it has to limit your choice of the rides that you like...
Thanks for sharing + all your contributions...Thanks accepting friends request...

<~>No first name in your profile...Should we just call you `Grizzly ? or Mint ? or _____________?
Please let us know
Im 6'5" tall but as you can see in the pic im as wide as two people. Most people call me Grizz or Kopp. I might not fit in a SLS AMG but it looks nice.
Went by Lunch Box in highschool cus coach wanted me to gain weight so I carried a coleman cooler with 3 sandwiches, 5 apples, bag of carrots, 3 yogurts, box or two of granola, and 2 protein shakes. I would eat on it all day. went from a 6'1" 195lbs linebacker to a 6'5" 290lbs D tackle. took me 4 years to gain that wieght. Now that college is over its time to lose it.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 05-29-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 AM

Thanks `Grizz for your reply & infor...WoW, you are twice the size of `me. I don't think I would survive `if you tackled me. Did you try or consider going `pro ?

We should nominate you MCF Body Guard Wish you good luck on losing the weight that you want. I'm sure your size limits your choices in rides..., but you choose a great ride in the Monte Carlo....The Caddy Coupe would be a great alternative 4-Sure....$'s.

I've read that Americans are getting bigger, so maybe the auto companies will start making vehicles for every size human beings...

Peace/Out from `Space

Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM

Cant go pro. Way to many injuries. Nerve damage in my Hand (broke it to many times), spine is messed up, blew out my knee, peck, and shoulder, and dislocated fingers and toes to many times to count. I email chevy once a month about bringing back the monte so I can have a car I fit in they say drive a silverado, or we try and make vehicles for the best selling group we can to keep costs low, its always an excuse. You made cars in coupes, wagons, and sedans befor. Why not do It again all it is, is a post moved and a door lengthened.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
Cant go pro. Way to many injuries. Nerve damage in my Hand (broke it to many times), spine is messed up, blew out my knee, peck, and shoulder, and dislocated fingers and toes to many times to count. I email chevy once a month about bringing back the monte so I can have a car I fit in they say drive a silverado, or we try and make vehicles for the best selling group we can to keep costs low, its always an excuse. You made cars in coupes, wagons, and sedans befor. Why not do It again all it is, is a post moved and a door lengthened.

WoW Grizz.., you sure paid a Big Price to play ball...
Sorry to read about all your injuries...I see many senior citizens that had played contact sports & are still paying the price . I hope that you can recover from your past injuries 4-Sure.
============================================
It's great to see that you got a respond from Chevy on your email..I'm sure with many Americans getting larger that they are going to have create future vehicles for larger people..
Lets hope they do...Wish you good luck 4-Sure...
=========================================
Below is from Motor Week with a really decent review of the ZL`1
=======

Road Test: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - YouTube <~Vid Link Click
Super Super 4-Sure
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

Episode 3134

<!-- -->
<!-- .clear -->
<!-- .video_player --><!-- -->
<!-- .clear --><!-- -->
<!-- .shadow_left_large --><!-- -->
<!-- .shadow_right_large -->
<!-- .video_player_shadow_holder --><!-- -->
<!-- .clear -->Since the Chevrolet Camaro’s rebirth in 2010, sales have taken off right to the top of the pony car field, even outselling its main rival, the Ford Mustang. Yes, it does feel like 1969 all over again, as the pony car wars are continuing to heat up. Indeed the latest shot comes from the general is a 580-horsepower missile going by a familiar name… ZL1.
The 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 was a born to race, special edition, one year only Camaro, limited to just 69 units. The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 has a few similarities to the ’69, but a lot more differences.
For starters, there’s no big-block under the hood, instead it’s GM’s LSA 6.2-liter V8. That’s the same supercharged pushrod pumper found in the Cadillac CTS-V. Improved air flow for both intake and exhaust, as well as updates to the supercharger and intercooler, boost horsepower to 580 and torque to 556 pound feet.
Another big difference from the original ZL1 that was designed strictly for drag racing, this new ZL1 feels at home on any type of track. As with just about every GM performance car to come along in the last decade, it was designed on Germany’s Nurburgring. While we didn’t sample it there, we did our laps at the closest thing we have in this country, VIR. Virginia International Raceway is a track with lots of high speeds, off camber turns, and elevation changes. It’s not for the faint of heart. And neither is the ZL1. Starting with a Camaro SS, the ZL1 adds stiffer suspension bushings all around, a redesigned rear stabilizer bar, and most importantly, a new version of GM’s Magnetic Ride control.
And the result is… while it still feels a little on the heavy side, this car handles way better than you’re expecting. A new electric power steering unit feels neutral and is very responsive; the Performance Traction Management has five settings to suit track conditions or your driving experience. The Brembo brakes are by far the best we’ve ever experienced on a Camaro; it was hard to get our heads around using them as hard as we were. We didn’t get nearly enough laps to truly find their limits.
On the street, the ride is far from harsh, seating is comfortable, and the ZL1 is fairly well-mannered. 30% of the ZL1’s parts are unique, but most of them you can’t see, like aerodynamic enhancements under the body, a new rear differential that shares the transmission coolant, and additional pick-ups in the fuel tank.
Exterior enhancements are much easier noticed, and include a big front splitter, a new grille that feeds large brake cooling ducts and a carbon fiber hood with vents that not only get air out of the engine bay but provide additional front end down force as well. There are also extended rockers and fenders, and of course a rear spoiler. 20-inch wheels are standard and wrapped in Good Year Eagle F1’s, 285/35’s up front, 305/35’s in the rear.
Inside, the ZL1 gets a mild make-over with suede leather replacing the plastic trim on the dash and doors. The improved seats also get the suede treatment, and an optional Suede Package spreads hide onto the steering wheel and shifter as well. It’s also loaded. Bluetooth, back-up cam, and even Head-up Display, are all standard. You have your choice of 6-speed transmissions, manual or automatic; and just as in the CTS-V, the automatic is actually quicker to 60 by a tenth at 3.9-seconds. Top speed…180!
But, the manual achieves better Government Fuel Economy Ratings at 14-City and 19-Highway, while the automatic manages just 12 and 18. Those low numbers do warrant a Gas Guzzler Tax; still, much like the Chevrolet Corvette, the Camaro ZL1 delivers world class performance, without an exotic price tag, starting at just $54,995, with very few options available.
The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is a truly contemporary muscle car. More than just a flimsy pony car made for the drag strip, it’s a high performance missile that can streak around any corner. And, it has clearly shot the Camaro to the top of the pony car field for now. With a 650-horsepower Shelby GT 500 Mustang on the way, will the ZL1 stay there for long? Well we can’t wait to find out. Welcome back to the 60’s - peace, love, and muscle cars, baby!

Last edited by Space; 05-31-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Tested: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - YouTube

Super Vid 5:27
======================
New 2012 Camaro ZL1 1/4 mile record 10.32 @ 134.79 mph - Redline Motorsports - Road Test TV

http://youtu.be/jmeI33KfMxA < Click & EnJoy the POWER/Sounds +
^^^^SuperSuper Vid 4-Sure `bout 1:34 <MIN'S font sec?s<>

Last edited by Space; 06-01-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Quick Reply: = The Competition for the Camaro ZL`1 ? =