New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

'99 Dashboard

Old 01-17-2017, 04:48 PM
Default '99 Dashboard

Hi. Seeing if anyone has some good ideas for a dashboard that has buckled up. Also, does anyone know how to remove the dash trim? Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 01-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I am assuming that you are talking about right infront of the drivers seat?
It has been 3 or 4 years since I tool mine off. there should be a panel under the steering wheel you can remove. I think it requires a Torx bit. Then the panel comes out all in one piece from the Door to the Radio. I think the AC tube to vents just unclip behind the Dash Panel. Remove the ***** from the A?C and heater, and the lights, you may need to adjust the steering wheel and you might need to adjust the gear shift as well.
The radio remains in place. If this needs to be replaced you may want to check at a Salvage yard.
Most of the damage that I have seen on the dash is at the passenger side Air bag the sun cooks it and will shrink and split the covering. hope that helps.

Attached Thumbnails '99 Dashboard-panel.jpg  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:04 AM

Hey drivernumber3, thank you very much for your help. Yes, that was the panel. unfortunately, it is trashed. Also the whole top of the dash is buckled up along with the airbag piece that you had already mentioned. Thanks for the quick response!

Old 01-18-2017, 07:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by djdngdoug
Hey drivernumber3, thank you very much for your help. Yes, that was the panel. unfortunately, it is trashed. Also the whole top of the dash is buckled up along with the airbag piece that you had already mentioned. Thanks for the quick response!

Maybe you have a U pull it salvage yard in your area, this is a great way to find the parts and also to retrieve them you learn how to reinstall them.

Search this Thread