Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Newbie here (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/newbie-here-60557/)

DALOUIE2 02-09-2019 05:03 PM

Newbie here

Hi im dave age 60 original owner 83 monte convertible classic white blue velour interior care taker of the classic since new 72 k miles garage kept etc

JuniorCar 02-09-2019 10:24 PM

Welcome Dave!

That is a unique ride you have there. I'm not aware of anyone else on the MCF having a Monte Carlo convertible of in any year. To be honest, I didn't even know they existed. We can't wait to see some pics

drivernumber3 02-10-2019 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 716187)
Welcome Dave!

That is a unique ride you have there. I'm not aware of anyone else on the MCF having a Monte Carlo convertible of in any year. To be honest, I didn't even know they existed. We can't wait to see some pics

Welcome Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

I had no idea they did either and after some research online they must have because there are a bunch of them out there. Lots of photo's of that body style on Google.
One comment that I saw was that it was a GM conversion that was offered.
Maybe like a Shelby was to Ford Mustangs?

DALOUIE2 02-10-2019 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by juniorcar (Post 716187)
welcome dave!

That is a unique ride you have there. I'm not aware of anyone else on the mcf having a monte carlo convertible of in any year. To be honest, i didn't even know they existed. We can't wait to see some pics

ill load pic when i can

DALOUIE2 02-10-2019 04:10 PM

after market conversion but it was at the dealer show room in 83 new white / blue top

DALOUIE2 02-10-2019 04:17 PM

15 k new, whew that was a ton money then ... car was stolen by some nice young men on columbus day 1985 got it back two days later min damage top torn little steering column damage Wilmington de police lost them in a chase like a stock 305 chevy is fast lol its not any way was sick about it as u can imagine. first new car . gonnnnnne... butter knife and a pair pliers Pros

drivernumber3 02-11-2019 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by DALOUIE2 (Post 716199)
15 k new, whew that was a ton money then ... car was stolen by some nice young men on columbus day 1985 got it back two days later min damage top torn little steering column damage Wilmington de police lost them in a chase like a stock 305 chevy is fast lol its not any way was sick about it as u can imagine. first new car . gonnnnnne... butter knife and a pair pliers Pros

In 1985 I owned a Monte Carlo not an SS it had about 3K on it when the dealer sold it to me. I think it had the 305 in it too and it wouldn't get away from anything. but it was a fairly good car, I used it for a Salesmen's car and the trunk held a lot of sample tools an all.