Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   new from SE Texas (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/new-se-texas-8005/)

04n08 02-18-2008 11:25 PM

new from SE Texas

howdy yall. i just got a new to me 04 mc ss supercharged car. i really do love it already, i got it officially Saturday with full tank, just refilled her up 20 minutes ago.

nice to be here, looks like i have some reading to do, take care,

mark

BeachBumMike 02-19-2008 05:42 AM

RE: new from SE Texas

Hi `Mark, and Welcome to the MCF
What color is your 04 SS SuperCharger : ) ?
We hope that you post some pictures : )
What year Nova's/engines/ ? Bike's ?
Explore the MCF, and use our Search Engine for
subjects of interest.
We look forward to your future posts.
Wish you Good Luck with your 04 SS.
`Space

Donutboy97 02-19-2008 06:34 AM

welcome, and congrats on the new ride

Taz 02-19-2008 08:53 AM

Welcome Mark.

Hope you enjoy your new purchase. Did you notice the "Premium Unleaded Fuel Only" sticker inside the gasoline door before or after you bought the car? With me it was after. Drove it off the lot with only 1/8 tank of gas. Get to the gas station, notice the sticker, yelled D'OH!!!

But I love the supercharged SS, and hope you like yours too.

Glad to have you here.

rchurch 02-19-2008 08:58 AM

Hey Mark - welcome! I'm from SE Texas too, Bridge City. Welcome to the forum. You'll find it's a great bunch of people, very knowledgable and helpful. And don't mind Space, you'll get used to him! jk, Space!

04n08 02-19-2008 09:05 AM

thanks everyone. the car is black, with every option ever made i think...lol. it had 44k when i got it, probably be 45k by thursday.
i did NOT notice the premium fuel only sticker til i had already bought it, oh well, guess that will help me keep my foot light "sometimes".

rchurch, good to meet you, im in vidor, work in beaumont.

04n08 02-19-2008 09:11 AM

i do have a webpage that has a few pics of my last cloned bigblock SS nova build, but its a few years old, and i think it has some popups, if its ok to post here, i will, someone let me know, thanks.

dustybird3 02-19-2008 09:50 AM

Welcome fellow Texan.

FlynhghR 02-24-2008 02:59 AM

Glad to have you on board Mark!

Don't worry so much about the premium thing, once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I'm definitely not a rich person, but my 06 3LT doesn't even require it, and I usually put it in. (unless there's more than a 25 cents per gallon difference)

Wishing you many happy/healthy miles in that supercharged Monte!

RocknSS04 02-24-2008 05:39 AM

Welcome Mark from Texas to the Monte Carlo Forum family, from another '04 S/C owner, but an Intimidator SS. For not much money you can kick up the performance a bit AND improve your milage by about 2 mpg. zzperformance.com is one of the most complete sources for upgrading around, but there are others just as capable for parts. Keagan, :ExplosiveSoundZ" is up here now having his Intimidator SS kicked up more, again, this Monday, the 25th.
Start with a good cold air intake and the u-bend delete pipe for the exhaust. THOSE are the TWO MAIN mods that ANYONE with a 5th gen should do, ESPECIALLY with the S/C! I went with the K&N only because of the smooth intake tube, but honestly, Wizaired is the best box out there.
Gallery pic's are ALWAYS welcome, but you need to have an off-site photo uploading site such as photobucket to put your pics that you want to post in these threads, so they will come up automatically. Pretty easy.
Enjoy your stay with the MCF family, anf I hope you enjoy your new ride.