Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   New Member 2003 Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Ed. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/new-member-2003-monte-carlo-ss-jeff-gordon-ed-13609/)

Invictus 05-13-2009 10:33 PM

New Member 2003 Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Ed.

Ive been searching for a car for the past two weeks, Ive had dealers tell me they had the car i wanted in stock, drive 30 miles, to find out the car wasnt there....making sure to tell them id never do business with them, and tell everyone to avoid.

I started my search with monte carlos, ive always loved them and their uniqueness. Unfortunately at the beginning of my search, the mileage or accident reports of available models made me go a different route. For two weeks ive been looking at everything from SUVs to sedans. It was a perilous journey as ive spent HOURS in dealerships, trying to employ negotiation skills learned from business classes, dozens of dealers numbers written down with quoted prices.

When i felt worn out, i decided to check for monte's again....and behold, a dealer had a 2003 Monte Carlo ss Jeff Gordon Edition listed that very day. My heart raced and i fell in love immediately, I had to have it.

The negotiation was long and took about 3 hours, it was hard acting like i didnt care if i got the car or not, and tried to discredit the extra options this beautiful model got, but I stood my ground, and got the car for a great price.

I write this as my new monte sits in the garage, as i debate sleeping in it tonight.

Pictures to come, as well as hundreds of posts on upgrading/adding questions come about.

I look forward to discussing with you all!

monte carlo 3831 05-13-2009 10:44 PM

cool man, you have a nice ride in the garage right now, hope to see some pictures soon, the members are impresssive with their mods and facts, keep on posting, i'm very sure you'll be impressed as i was when i got my new monte, later man

chris #3

Mikhail Tomasovic 05-13-2009 10:45 PM

wooohooo! alright man greetings! i don't know too much about the 2003 ss but great find buddy! i just bought my 04 intimidator ss yesterday! welcome man, you will have a great time here! i am already learning so much but i have a headache because i am trying to learn so much over a short period of time...

take care!
Mik

ChevySSGirl 05-13-2009 10:51 PM

welcome to the forum!! i love the gordon model. great pick up. oh, and get used to the "i-want-to-sleep-in-it" feeling. i've had mine almost a year now, and i still get that feeling, every night :)

RocknSS04 05-14-2009 07:20 AM

Welcome Invictus to the MCF family. You will find tons of useful info here. Be sure to check out the search engine, because chances are, your topic has been discussed before, and you can get immediate answers to many ???? Feel free to throw anything at us tho, and we ALWAYS love to see pics. Most of us use an off site such as photobucket to upload pics to, and then link to them.

BTW, the J.G. edition, blue with ghost flames, WAY kewl!

AwesomeSS 05-14-2009 09:57 AM

Welcome to the site - can't wait to see pics!

RickAKATed10 05-14-2009 10:15 AM

Welcome!

Pics or I don't believe it! lol

Invictus 05-14-2009 11:30 AM

Ahaha, pics soon guys....she needs a bath before i show her off =)

RickAKATed10 05-14-2009 12:21 PM

I hear ya there. I haven't been able to give Mr. Burns any TLC in a long time. The weather here in the Midwest has sucked for far too long.

The Popcorn King 05-14-2009 01:14 PM

Welcome to the forum man. We love pics here .