Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Just found this place...LOVE IT (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/just-found-place-love-12556/)

connersdad19 03-12-2009 09:59 AM

Just found this place...LOVE IT

My name is Dustin I live in ohio and i have a 1997 Monte Carlo z34. I like what i have seen in some of these threads just wanted to say hello to everyone.

RickAKATed10 03-12-2009 10:01 AM

Welcome!

Taz 03-12-2009 10:14 AM

Welcome Dustin!
Happy to meet you.

We all love pics around here, so feel free to post some pics of your 1997 Z34.

Have you done any modifications to yours? The 5th generation Monte Carlos are a nice looking car stock as well.

ChevySSGirl 03-12-2009 10:17 AM

Welcome Dustin!

....it only gets better from here on out!!! :)

AwesomeSS 03-12-2009 10:23 AM

Welcome to the site! Can't wait to see pics

ChibiBlackSheep 03-12-2009 11:25 AM

welcome welcome!

connersdad19 03-12-2009 11:40 AM

not sure if the car is worthy of taking pics lol....i paid 800 for it. bought it off a guy who hit a deer and messed the hood up and the driver side headlight....just went to the junk yard and got the parts to make it where i can drive it for now....but this summer i want to pop the other dents out...paint it and hopefully replace the motor.....first i need to fix the engine a bit to make it a better daily driver....

while i am on the subject a quick question....could i take a motor from a 00-05 monte/impala and swap it out.....preferrably supercharged.....without to much of a hassle?

ChibiBlackSheep 03-12-2009 12:12 PM

97 Z34 had the LQ1 engine in it right? It's possible to do the swap, however you run the 4t60e tranny, and the L36/L67 uses the 4t65e/4t65e-HD

Plus i BELIEVE you will need some custom fabrication for it to work. Other members I'm sure will chime it with the specifics, but it has been done before.

If only it was a 98 z34, you'd already have the L36 and could just do a top swap!

ChevySSGirl 03-12-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by connersdad19 (Post 116527)
bought it off a guy who hit a deer and messed the hood up and the driver side headlight

i hope that deer realized that it was damn lucky to have been touched by a once-gorgeous car...before it went to deer heaven. :D:D

ChibiBlackSheep 03-12-2009 01:32 PM

I've hit 3 deer with my car... I've yet to get any body damage from them!

My first deer was right when I got the car. I was on the way home doing about 75, and it was dark. The deer ran out from the side, and hit my front passenger fender. It was way to dark to get out and look at the damage, so I just went home. Next day, not a lick of damage, but some hair and snot ALL the way down the side of my car. Washed it, and that was that.

My second deer same thing, out of nowhere at night, ran into the back fender on my driver's side this time. I stopped, the deer bolted and there was nothing on my car.

My third deer wasn't too long ago. and this one I ran right over. I stopped... there were no leaks or damage, and I drove straight to a car wash because it was gross.

IDK maybe I just have a super Monte :P