Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Hey Everybody (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/hey-everybody-6879/)

blt2tzz 12-11-2007 07:28 PM

Hey Everybody

I'm new to this site and I just wanted to say hello. I had a 86 silver Monte SS back in 92 and loved it. When I parted with it I never knew the demand would go through the roof for these cars. I just broke down last week and bought a new 07 SS. It was hard to dish out 31g's but I figured you only live once...lol. It's silver with the grey leather. Very sweet ride. I really thought these cars were weak with the v6 and ugly headlights until the 06 came out. But, after seeing the new look and a v8 with 300hp, I just had to get one before they were gone. Anyways, I just thought I'd say hi to all the fellow monte lovers out there. Ttyl.....

Chuck

kweef 12-11-2007 08:46 PM

RE: Hey Everybody

hello and welcome! once a monte lover...always a monte lover lol u r certainly among friends

Roodman03SS 12-11-2007 09:40 PM

Hello there, and welcome to the site!:D

GrandPaDave 12-12-2007 01:12 AM

Welcome, please feel free to tell us as much as you please about your awesome ride.

BeachBumMike 12-12-2007 06:24 AM

Hi Chuck, & welcome to the MCF,
You arelucky to have found the last yearproduction model of the
Monte Carlo SS. We hope that you post pictures.
How's the weather in N.E. Ohio (Trumbull Co) ?
What options did you get ? Are there many Monte Carlo's
in your area ?
We look forward to your future posts.
Enjoy your new awesome Monte Carlo SS.
Happy Holidays to you, but it looks like you already
got your bestpresent:D Good Luck, `Space

blt2tzz 12-12-2007 07:22 AM

Hey dudebros,
If you have ever heard ofMaxim radio on Sirius, there is a show called Covino and Rich and that's what they call all their friends(dudebros)...lol. It's an awsome show! Anyways, thanks everbody for the warm welcome. I think my Monte is pretty much as loaded as they come. Although, it doesn't have the side airbags. It was 31,400 and I have only seen 1 with a higher price and it was because of the side bags..I always thought that the newer high end gm cars came with a killer sterio. I had a 96 corvette with the Bose cd player and it rocked. I have the 8 speaker system with the 6 disc mp3 playerand it really don't rock like the bose or the monsoon system in the pontiacs. I have read that the 8 speaker system is the bose, but it don't say it anywhere on the speaker grills or the window sticker. So, I guess it's just a premium sterio like it says on the window stickerand nothing special. All together it was almost a 600.00 dollar option. 295 for the 6 disc and another 300 for the 8 speaker deal. I got looking in the little book that came with the car (not the owners manual) but the getting to know your monte carlo book. It said it should have A pillar tweeters. Does anybody have a 07 ss with this feature? I looked at all the ones I could find on ebay and I haven't been able to find any with the tweeters mounted in the door panel bye the side mirrors. Thanks again everybody and sorry for writing a book....lol. Take care....

Chuck

BLACK ATTACK 12-12-2007 08:18 AM

HOWDY

blt2tzz 12-12-2007 08:43 AM

Hey Black,
Sweet ride!!!

kweef 12-12-2007 08:45 AM

chuck,

do u have ne pics of ur monte? we love pics lol

blt2tzz 12-12-2007 08:48 AM

Hey Space,
The weather here is crappy...Rainy and the wind is pretty strong. Actually there might be 5 or so Montes in the area. I only seen 2 ss' . One red and the other is my twin. I hate when someone has a car just like yours...lol. Oh well, I love silver and this car completes my collection of silver cars for now. I know it's not a monte, but I have a camaro with a 468 big block in it....Check it out...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3491/55EAB2CF0A9149E0A440A461F6391BBA.jpg[/IMG]