Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Hello to all,.I just bought me a Monte Carlo !! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/hello-all-i-just-bought-me-monte-carlo-60001/)

Bombie 07-29-2018 05:15 PM

Hello to all,.I just bought me a Monte Carlo !!

Hi everyone !
I just purchased a 2002 DE SS #627 of #3333,.and I am not kidding when I say a little old lady owned it,.It has 45,000 miles on it,.never seen a Winter,but it was stored outside so the paint does have some issues with micro scratches.
The interior is perfect except for the leather coming loose around the airbag (common I heard),.I am hoping to find the answers here that I will need to get the few issues with this car fixed,.
These are the only issues I have found so far,.Leather around the drivers side air bag,.needs new center caps,.5 dings,.and the paint job with tiny scratches from the tree leafs,.
I have a total of 3900.00 into it,.thats everything,purchase price,tax,title,plates,detail supplies,.I'll post some pics of it,.I couldn't pass it up,I usually buy GM beaters that I can work on myself.
Looking forward to helping out too if I can,.I have over 10 years experience in the automotive sales and service fields,.
Bombie

Bombie 07-29-2018 05:23 PM

pics of me car

5 Attachment(s)
Heres the pics of it,..it is really clean,..no rust except in a wierd place,..the fire wall behind the Coolent tank of all places
Thanks for looking !!

Bombie 07-29-2018 05:37 PM

Here's the issues I need to solve to get it 100 %
It is missing the factory floor mats,.The little old lady she will get them to me if she comes across them,.they are probably in her garage that she never goes in to
its missing the drivers side seat belt guide,.
needs new center caps,.plus the rims need to be clean on the inside,..one rim is stained too,..has to be replaced eventually.
new lug nut covers,..coming in the mail,.
the paint has stains and lots of micro scratches,.
It may be missing the engine cover too,..but she said it did not come with one
maintenance,.she gave me no records ,.but I thinkit may have had the original wipers on it,..so coolant flush,fuel filter and system clean,also I may paint the calipers red,I will
flush the brake fluid then if I can,.

Jeffs02rwdSS 07-29-2018 05:55 PM

Welcome to the forums nice looking car you picked up. One thing you'll find out if she brought the car in for the valve cover recall. They switched the front valve cover and part of the recall was to remove the engine cover because of a possible engine fire.

Bombie 07-29-2018 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS (Post 713215)
Welcome to the forums nice looking car you picked up. One thing you'll find out if she brought the car in for the valve cover recall. They switched the front valve cover and part of the recall was to remove the engine cover because of a possible engine fire.

Thats what happened to it,..the rear valve cover is black,.the front is grey,..thanks !!,.thats why I joined this forum,.just the little tips make a big difference !!
I also need to run the VIN through a GM dealership,..thanks again !!