Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Happy to be here! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/happy-here-59488/)

rcgray48 03-15-2018 06:53 PM

Happy to be here!

Hello All,
I am happy to meet so many other Monte lovers! Your forum has a wealth of information! I have been a Monte lover a very long time. Very sad to hear that GM decided not to make them any longer. But hey, look how much more ours are worth ;O) I have a 2006 blue safire beauty that I am working to give it some TLC that it has been deprived of a bit of time. With the help I get from you folks and a few $ here and there, I think she will be as sweet as the day she rolled off the line. This baby means a lot to me because my wife actually bought it for me on our 45th anniversary. How could I not have full insurance coverage on it? Don't want to bore you folks on my first post. I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing!
Have a great one,
RCGRAY48 (Bob)

phuntley 03-15-2018 06:58 PM

Welcome Bob! Lots of stuff still available for these cars! I just bought a new steering wheel for $145, perfect, brand new. It came with both side switch sets too...cruise/audio controls. I've done carpet, fixed dash pad, etc, lots more to do!

Glad to see another '06 - post some pics when you can!

rcgray48 03-15-2018 07:14 PM

Well Hi there Perry! Thanks so much for the welcome. I will try to post some pics of my Monte real soon. I did not know that original Monte parts are available via this forum. So I reallly appreciate the info! I am sure it will come in handy. Unfortunately, the previous owner was a smoker. Soon, i would like to replace the bucket seats. They have a few burn holes here and there. Not many, just enough to make you shake your head wondering why someone would do this to such a sweet ride.
"Talk" to you soon & thanks again for the welcome!
Bob

phuntley 03-15-2018 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by rcgray48 (Post 709987)
I did not know that original Monte parts are available via this forum. So I reallly appreciate the info!
"Talk" to you soon & thanks again for the welcome!
Bob

Sorry if that was misleading! I meant through other parts channels, although there are classifieds here too! I think you can still get the seat pieces online - possibly have a local upholstery shop trade them out for you...I'm looking at upgrading my seats here locally, I would like a bit better seat cushion, and side bolsters that wrap around a little bit more. Definitely keeping the leather though, heated seats in Denver are nice to have!

I know what you mean about the smoking - I got a few fabreze vent air fresheners and after about the 4th one, it's a lot better!

Anyhoo, glad to have you and I'll see you around the forums.....

drivernumber3 03-15-2018 10:59 PM

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum, and happy anniversary.
You might check to see if you have a U pull It type salvage yard in your area sometimes they might have a Monte in stock you can liberate the seats from. :thumbsup:

Napcc 03-17-2018 03:42 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/monteca...15fa3fd5ef.jpg
Welcome to the group!!! Lots of friendly folks here for sure!!

rcgray48 03-17-2018 06:23 AM

Hello Everyone!
I am going forge ahead and change the plugs on my 2006 Monte this weekend. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how often this should be done? Fortunately, its only the 3.5L. So, I don't think it should be too bad getting at the back 3 (I hope). Being a bit of a rookie, I opted for the OM parts based on the GM website. Iridium plugs (whatever that is). Anyways, I figured life isn't good unless you get some grease under your fingernails!
Perry, I forgot to mention what a great job you've done on your ride. I must admit, based on the pics I am seeing, you guys have some really sweet rides out there. Honored to be among so many Monte lovers
Have a great day!
Bob

Jeffs02rwdSS 03-17-2018 08:23 AM

If I remember correctly it was 100,000 miles on factory plugs and wire's for a tune up. And welcome to the forums:thumbsup:

rcgray48 03-17-2018 06:04 PM

Thanks for the tip on when to change my plugs! I made a silly mistake of buying after some market wires. After reading your posts, I returned them for some AC Delco wires that the GM website recommended. It was only about seven bucks to get the peace of mind. I yield to the many experts on this forum. I figure you folks have already been there and done that so I appreciate you helping me not make blunders. Hey, "DriverNumber3" from Nebraska, great idear about going to my local salvage yard for some bucket seat. Dha, I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that one myself. BTW, really cool looking Monte. I'll bet a ton of hard work (and love) went in to that baby!
Have a great one,
Bob

ZIPPY02 03-17-2018 09:37 PM

Hello Bob and Welcome to the MCF! :thumbsup:

Nice to see you are on board with refining your awesome gift. You let them get away from you and soon enough and it is a small inheritance getting them back into A+ condition. Your being a long time Monte lover, it is nice to see you love the newer ones too, your 7th Gen. Blue ones are a gorgeous color to have. Take care and take care of your sweet new ride! :rolleyes::)