New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Fyi custom front plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

nebraska requires 2 plates too...i'd probably chance it with running only a reat on my 02, but since the 06 has the plate holder bolted through the front bumper cover, it'd look dumb to take it off....i really wish they wouldn't have put them on that way, but what ya gonna do???

Old 01-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by 02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
what i dont get about our tint law here in iowa is, where i live they dont ever really stop anyone for it unless they are a kid around the age of 16-23ish. Im 17 and never have my front plate on and have never gotten stopped. when i drive my dads earnhardt he has his windows tinted pretty dark on there and since they know its his car they never stop me or him while driving it which is nice. they might as well change the law here in iowa to allow atleast 35% on the front windows.
It seems to be a lot like that around here. I'm actually considering tinting my windows because they seem to go after the younger crowd cruising around on weekend nights, etc. I'm 39 and don't have the Monte out during those times very much. Of course, if I get pulled over for speeding or something and have the tinted windows, I'll be busted.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I hate the tint law in Iowa don't mind the plate one though
i hate the plate law more than the tint law. i dont have tint at all right now but i hate how most cars look like with a front plate.

i woundnt have any trouble in my town but as soon as i go to Des Moines, Ames, or Ankeny....i would have a ticket for either one of them

Old 01-08-2012, 01:04 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

We have double plate law too ik gonna but another filler panel & paint my plate on it gto has no front holder even argued with the cops that im not drilling holes in my bumper well lol i made a bracket that mounts to my skid plate, tint laws i dont follow my camaro was 5% all around. The darker cars are harder to notice so im tinting the monte in 20% & just matching the factory rear on the edge

Old 01-08-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i hate the plate law more than the tint law. i dont have tint at all right now but i hate how most cars look like with a front plate.

i woundnt have any trouble in my town but as soon as i go to Des Moines, Ames, or Ankeny....i would have a ticket for either one of them
haha man you would be fine in ames ankeny and des moines i never get ticketed for no plate and have never been stopped for no front plate there.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by 02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
haha man you would be fine in ames ankeny and des moines i never get ticketed for no plate and have never been stopped for no front plate there.
my friend tinted his side windows and got stopped in DSM 4-5 times in the first 2 months haha. finally he took it off. I will abide by the law...i dont need the cops having a reason for me to pull me over. I have enough trouble anyway

Old 01-08-2012, 01:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by KJRich
It seems to be a lot like that around here. I'm actually considering tinting my windows because they seem to go after the younger crowd cruising around on weekend nights, etc. I'm 39 and don't have the Monte out during those times very much. Of course, if I get pulled over for speeding or something and have the tinted windows, I'll be busted.
I have lived in Ames and I see soooo many cars there with front tint on their windows that are obviously illegal. I don't think the cops will bother you there for the tint. I had tint on for 1 week before the cops gave me a fix it ticket back in my hometown in NW Iowa. It's a small town and the cops are so bored there they will get you for anything. It seems like in the big cities the cops have better things to do than to get you for frivolous things like tint.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:48 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
I have lived in Ames and I see soooo many cars there with front tint on their windows that are obviously illegal. I don't think the cops will bother you there for the tint. I had tint on for 1 week before the cops gave me a fix it ticket back in my hometown in NW Iowa. It's a small town and the cops are so bored there they will get you for anything. It seems like in the big cities the cops have better things to do than to get you for frivolous things like tint.
i have had the opposite experience. Seems like in my town they could careless and the bigger towns have been alot more picky.

Infact my detailshop does cars for Wilson Toyota in Ames and if there are any cars with front tint on them we are to take it off. because of how the cops there in Ames react to it.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i have had the opposite experience. Seems like in my town they could careless and the bigger towns have been alot more picky.

Infact my detailshop does cars for Wilson Toyota in Ames and if there are any cars with front tint on them we are to take it off. because of how the cops there in Ames react to it.
Odd! Well I guess I don't have to worry about it since my fronts aren't tinted

Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
I know what you mean. I went to Pittsburgh a lot last year for my wife's leukemia treatments and I saw so many cars with tinted windows I figured the Pittsburgh cops must have worse crimes to worry about. Or like the night I was driving to Pittsburgh doing 71 in a 55 and five state troopers (with their emergency lights OFF) passed me like I was sitting still, but that's another story. I wonder what was going on that night.

Quick Reply: Fyi custom front plate