New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Cruise Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 09:13 PM
3 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cruise Control Issue

I have a 2006 Monte 5.3 liter. Always use my cruise control, have a lead foot, without it I would be in trouble. Used it last night, worked fine. Got in the car today, hit the cruise button..... wouldn't work! Any suggestions??

Old 06-29-2017, 07:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My 2006 Trailblazer had a similar problem. Cruise control just stopped working. One day my wife was driving in front of me on the way to work and I noticed the only brake light that was working is the third light. Had to replace circuit board in the left light and miraculously the cruise was working again. Seems they run on the same circuit... Perhaps they do in the Monte Carlos as well?

I was ready to rip apart the steering column to replace the turn signal/cruise control lever when I noticed the brake lights not working. Changed the bulbs and still didn't work. Found a message forum for Trailblazers/Envoys that steered me to the issue. I don't know if this has been any help to you, but good luck!

Old 06-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I saw a video on this issue a few years back and they had to clean the contacts on the buttons but you might also check youtube and see if there is a video on this subject.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:58 AM

Careful.. I started to have an issue with mine not staying on or turning off correctly.. Ended up staying on and pulling the throttle wide open.. I could not disengage it either..