New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Car won’t crank/ Security issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Default Car won’t crank/ Security issue?

Hello. I am new to this so I apologize If I’m posting in the wrong place. I recently purchased a 2007 MC LT. the stereo had been ripped out of the car. Previous owner had it broken in to. The person who did this cut the wires straight from the factory harness and so I just have a bunch of wires hanging there. A friend of mine who knows how to install stereos was helping me out with a new aftermarket stereo. He hooked up the wires like they were supposed to be based off a diagram he found online and then started the car up. The stereo did not work and the car automatically shut down. The key is now stuck in the ignition. When we try to turn on the engine, we hear nothing and only the electric stuff turns on. The gas is saying low fuel and we are unable to shift. The dash also does not idicate which gear it is in. The lights stay on and windows and all switches in the car seem to be disabled. Even messing with the battery has not helped. A few threads stated it could possibly be the security system disabling the car but I am not sure if this is it as the alerts do not bring up any security issues. Has anyone experience this? Please let me know. Thank you!