Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   04 Intimidator Question (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/04-intimidator-question-53354/)

Packrat23 05-26-2015 07:47 PM

04 Intimidator Question

I just bought a wrecked 04 Intimidator and was wondering if anyone knows how to figure out the production number? I tried the Chevrolet customer service number I found in another thread but she was not able to locate any information on my car. Apparently the 02's have better record keeping. Any suggestions?

P343 05-26-2015 07:51 PM

I would say call back at another time and maybe you will get someone who is more interested in helping you find what you need!!

drivernumber3 05-26-2015 08:09 PM

You could try the GM dealer and let them check the VIN # in there computers. They can tell all kinds of stuff from that on your car. I found out on a used car I owned that it had some things that I didn't know about. :thumbsup:

The_Maniac 05-26-2015 08:15 PM

Unfortunately, it's common for people to add badges and pass the car off as something it's not.

Are you sure it's a true Intimidator? If I recall, couple good ways to tell are (and owners of Intimidators can confirm):
- Speedo has the word "Intimidator"
- Passenger side dash name plate reads "Intimidator"
- "Intimidator" badge/decal is on the rear trunk lid and I believe the rear quarter panels
- Car is all black.

FYI - The '02 you mention is the "Dale Earnhart Sr." Monte and the '04 is the "Intimidator". Named for the same NASCAR driver but completely different packages.

Hope this helps.

Leprechaun93 05-26-2015 08:39 PM

I'd try again, i was able to get my information and a letter stating the number. Someone should be able to tell you as long as you have the vin and its a true intimidator.

Packrat23 05-26-2015 09:04 PM

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try my local Chevy Dealer although I'm not a big fan. It has all the correct "Intimidator" stuff, Gauge cluster, dash pad ect. I know that's all bolt on stuff but the door sill "Intimidator" sticker to my knowledge are not available and they are on my car so I highly doubt it's a clone. When I talked to the lady at customer service I said "04 Intimidator" and not sure if she knew what I was talking about. Very polite but probably not a big Monte guru.

Leprechaun93 05-26-2015 09:08 PM

I'd try calling customer service again before you go to a dealer. You'll have to be specific with you're looking for and explain exactly what you have.

tweek 05-27-2015 08:16 AM

I cLled customer service again. That's all I did. If they try to say it's not an intimidator then ask for another rep.

Packrat23 05-27-2015 02:32 PM

I tried Customer Service one more time and spoke with Jessie. He was able to get my info. Car was built 05/04 so I knew it would be a high number, thought 3333 would be cool but I'm sure that went somewhere like a collection. My car is #3068 / 4000. Jessie is sending me the letter also. Said about two to three weeks. Thanks to everyone for your help. Jim

P343 05-27-2015 02:36 PM

Congrats on getting what you were looking for!! :)