Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR Racing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/)
-   -   Xfinity Picks/Phoenix/Saturday (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/nascar-racing-27/xfinity-picks-phoenix-saturday-54805/)

SupplySgt 11-09-2015 08:00 PM

Xfinity Picks/Phoenix/Saturday

We're off to Phoenix this week! Congrats to Butch on winning last week at Texas. If we were keeping a tally of points throughout the season, he would probably be leading with as many races as he has won.

Looks like if Chris Buescher finishes 12th or better during these last two races, he'll wrap up the series title. With that in mind, I don't see him taking any big chances. He'll likely run solid, but take no major chances.

With that, I'll go with the same lineup I had last week(just in a different order), which might have been good for a win had Kyle Busch not lost all but 4th gear.

20 Erik Jones
54 Kyle Busch
7 Regan Smith

Cowboy6622 11-09-2015 08:14 PM

22 whoever drives it
6 Wallace
60 buescher

SupplySgt 11-10-2015 07:31 PM

I was listening to the Nascar channel on SiriusXM and apparently NASCAR is floating the ideas of making a chase-style setup for the Xfinity series and not allowing Cup regulars to run. In all honesty, I think they should have ended the Buschwacking years ago. I enjoy the standalone races a ton because it's all regulars along with maybe a few truck guys getting a taste for things. I don't want to see Cup drivers dominate the races.

That's just my 2 cents on it

Cowboy6622 11-10-2015 10:51 PM

I don't think that's the best idea. It's kind of like watching a pitcher come into the majors and have to fave people who can really hit... he just gets smacked around. I think cup regulars teach these youngsters a reality check and shows them what level they need to be on to compete when they move up.

No chase format either. In cup or xfinity.

There are really not enough competitive teams in xfinity. 20 cars are a lap down 50 laps into any given race. That's sad.

I think it might be best to give cup guys less practice time. Oh, and they automatically get past pit stop choice

SupplySgt 11-11-2015 08:11 AM

If you want to use the baseball comparison, there are players who get called up and immediately make major contributions. Pitchers, position players, it happens a lot.

They made a good point on The Morning Drive earlier that has me rethinking myself a bit. It's more the Cup organizations that can throw all this money into the mix than it is anything. When Kyle Busch ran his own Xfinity team, he didn't win any races in that car. In fact, his team only won one race with Kurt Busch behind the wheel.

SupplySgt 11-14-2015 07:24 AM

Race day at last! I wish the truck race hadn't been so late last night; they were dropping the green right as I was trying to get to sleep.

SupplySgt 11-15-2015 08:08 PM

Didn't have a chance to get the laptop out yesterday. Not that there's much scoring to be done. I win Phoenix though out of me and Brent.

SupplySgt 41 48 38 127
Cowboy6622 43 36 31 110

Off to Homestead next week for the final race of the season!