NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Win-Place-Show @ the Glen

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Win-Place-Show @ the Glen

[align=center]Members, [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Post yourwin, place, show drivers[/align][align=center]for tomorrows race at the Glen[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Winner gets free membership to the MCF[/align][align=center]LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Space Picks[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]1 Jeff Gordon[/align][align=center]2 Tony Stewart[/align][align=center]3 Carl Edwards[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Long shot Dale Jr or Denny Hamlin[/align][align=center]EnJoy your weekend[/align][align=center]Also Nationwide series on ABC at 3PM EST Today[/align][align=center]_________________________________________________[/align][align=center]Race infor below[/align][align=center]

Said replaces Petty at Glen

Said to Pilot No. 45 Marathon Dodge at Watkins Glen
First Event for Veteran Road Racer and Legendary Race Team

[/align][align=center]Watkins Glen, N.Y. (August 8, 2008) – Petty Enterprises announces that accomplished road course veteran, Boris Said, will drive the No. 45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge in the Centurion at the Glen at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International. This will be Said’s first competition in Petty Enterprises equipment. He will start 40th due to rain washing out Friday’s qualifying session.

“Boris is known around the world as one of the premier road course racers,” said Petty Enterprises VP of Operations Robbie Loomis. “He will give us another great opportunity to assess our program. Everyone at Petty Enterprises is grateful to Boris for helping us out.”

Said is a veteran of 32 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races. His most notable success has come in sports car racing. Said is a champion of both the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring. He became the first American to win the prestigious 24 Hours NĂĽrburgring in 2005.

Rain Cancels Quals. Busch on Pole

The rain washed out qualifying on Friday at Watkins Glen, so they will lineup by owners points, putting Kyle Busch on the pole.
[/align][align=center]1 18 Kyle Busch
2 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
3 99 Carl Edwards
4 48 Jimmie Johnson
5 31 Jeff Burton
6 24 Jeff Gordon
7 9 Kasey Kahne
8 16 Greg Biffle
9 20 Tony Stewart
10 11 Denny Hamlin
11 29 Kevin Harvick
12 07 Clint Bowyer
13 17 Matt Kenseth
14 6 David Ragan
15 8 Aric Almirola
16 12 Ryan Newman
17 83 Brian Vickers
18 1 Martin Truex Jr.
19 2 Kurt Busch
20 26 Jamie McMurray

CONTINUE READING... [/align][/align]

Old 08-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Default RE: Win-Place-Show @ the Glen

jeff gordon,tony stewart,dale jr.
denny as long shot.
or kyle bush is going to spank them all LOL
I havent been watchign it so i dont know how anyone of them is running right now

Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM

Watkins Glen is a wonderful place to race. The course is fast but made to accentuate driving skills rather than just horsepower. The straightaway going out to the back side of the course is graded at 1.5 degrees uphill. You can run flat-out without blowing-up. Then, its time to drive. There's a few sweepers and a tight left-right "S" and then it time to see how well the car handles because it gets challenging.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:40 AM

Hi Rick,[/align]I really love the road course track at the Glen. It is a beautiful area of the USA. I wish NASCAR had more road course races.[/align]The Glen is on my Future Dream List.[/align][/align]I have never been out of the State of Florida and seldom[/align]get out of Indian River County. The web lets me travel[/align]all over planet earth. I would love to drive my grandfathers[/align]Corvette on the road course at the Glen, but I would be happy[/align]just going around the track on my skateboard. lol[/align][/align][/align][/align]Below is a link on the Glen[/align]http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/NY/WatkinsGlen.html[/align]

Old 08-10-2008, 06:49 AM

Todays Race is on ESPN at 1 PM EST
I will be washing cars and boats, but listening to the race
on MRN Radio.
Watkins Glen State Park
I really love the above picture and hope someday to see it in person.
Below is a link for Virtual Tour of the area

Old 08-10-2008, 04:22 PM

[sm=gears.gif]Winners at the Glen [sm=gears.gif]
August 10, 2008
1. Kyle B
2. Tony Stewart
3. Marcus Ambros
[sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Old 08-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Couldn't see the race in Canada til 11pm!!! DICKS!!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:23 PM

p.s. Not you guys.. I'm referring to the dicks that'd rather play GOLF to NASCAR!!