NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Well here we are Half way thru the Race Season? anyone watching NASCAR racing?

Old 06-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Well here we are Half way thru the Race Season? anyone watching NASCAR racing?

They will be heading back to Daytona to race soon and I was just wondering if anyone is watching anymore? :whatd idimiss:

Old 11-14-2017, 11:38 AM

Sorry to say... but havent watched a full race in years.
Nascar died the day we lost #3 and now with Jr calling it quits.... they are in trouble.
Have you seen how empty the stands are at tracks that fans would kill to get a ticket years ago.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Been DVRing and "skim watching". Wasn't much of a fan in the past, but starting to get hooked. Been following Martin Truex Jr. (Cool name) for about the past 8 races. Should be an interesting finale.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ssintimidator3
Nascar died the day we lost #3 and now with Jr calling it quits.... they are in trouble.
Have you seen how empty the stands are at tracks that fans would kill to get a ticket years ago.
Yes they are thin for sure.
Back in 2009 my son lived in Phoenix, AZ So he got tickets to the race for a Father day gift for me. We drove down I think it was in November. I remember the stands were light then even.
So Kasey Kane was driving the Bud Car and he was supposed to visit the Bud tent my son gave good $ for the meet and greet and Beer and food. Kasey came in hoped on the stage waved and thanked everyone for coming and then left said he had to Qualify or some crap which I never seen him do. So now this last weekend in Texas some friends of ours were at the Race in the Pits got photo's with KK and A. Dillon and were hanging with some crew chiefs. This is stuff that you had to know someone who new some one to get a few years ago.
I was happy for them, but just disappointed that it wasn't this friendly before. The photo's they had showed a light attendance, I remember when it was almost elbow to elbow.
So now I don't even care anymore they done went and chased me away.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by ssintimidator3
This post is 3 years old, but on point. Shame what happened to Nascar. Problem is, if the series disappears one day, cars in general
are in jeopardy. And with GM going electric, i see more trouble on the horizon for the series.

Old 03-27-2023, 10:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm still following Nascar but not as religiously as I did prior to around 2010 or so. I was originally a Dale Earnhardt fan and have been a Kevin Harvick fan since he took over for Sr in 2001. I still follow Kevin pretty religiously and am bummed that 2023 is his final season. Unfortunately, I don't have nearly the same fandom and enthusiasm for any other drivers so I'm not sure what that's going to mean for me. If Kevin's son Keelan comes up and follows in his dad's footsteps, I'd be right there to support him like I have Kevin but who knows what it's going to be like 10, 20+ years from now - probably not good considering the path we're allowing ourselves to go down.

Unfortunately, like a lot of things in our society today, Nascar is going along with and promoting all of this "inclusive" bs being crammed down our throats. Why else would they continue to hold Bubba Wallace on a pedestal when he's nothing more than an average racer? That's why the people who don't like him don't like him - he's being used to push an agenda. It has absolutely nothing to do with him being black and people being racist - most people today are not racist but that's the narrative being driven and what they want you to think. The thing is, you have to wake up and have an open mind instead of living in your delusions, seeing only what you want to see and naively believing everything your told.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
I'm still following Nascar but not as religiously as I did prior to around 2010 or so. I was originally a Dale Earnhardt fan and have been a Kevin Harvick fan since he took over for Sr in 2001. I still follow Kevin pretty religiously and am bummed that 2023 is his final season. Unfortunately, I don't have nearly the same fandom and enthusiasm for any other drivers so I'm not sure what that's going to mean for me. If Kevin's son Keelan comes up and follows in his dad's footsteps, I'd be right there to support him like I have Kevin but who knows what it's going to be like 10, 20+ years from now - probably not good considering the path we're allowing ourselves to go down.

Unfortunately, like a lot of things in our society today, Nascar is going along with and promoting all of this "inclusive" bs being crammed down our throats. Why else would they continue to hold Bubba Wallace on a pedestal when he's nothing more than an average racer? That's why the people who don't like him don't like him - he's being used to push an agenda. It has absolutely nothing to do with him being black and people being racist - most people today are not racist but that's the narrative being driven and what they want you to think. The thing is, you have to wake up and have an open mind instead of living in your delusions, seeing only what you want to see and naively believing everything your told.
I am with you on this, I was and still am a DE fan go figure ...Right? haha last race I attended was in Phoenix my son lived there and he got tickets and that was like a Birthday gift.
He also got a Budweiser roll bar pass and Kasey kane was there driver then the ticket said 30 minutes he would be there to sign autographs, wasn't a fan of his but I thought okay.
He came in, did a prom queen wave said about 10 words and indicated he had to go and qualify. So we left the event and about 2 hours later he was on the line up to make a run.
The stands were half empty for the cup race and MW who has no luck at all crashed infont of the stands, everyone Bo-ed.
After I reviewed his Movie in the blink of an eye, this is a person who for some reason had a dark cloud with him for every event and when he finally won the 500 the Dark cloud was Pissed and took his owner.

Now today I am a little bit excited about RCR and KB I want to see what he can do.

Search this Thread