NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Update on Tony Stewart + More

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: And the Penalty goes to Tony Stewart + More

Posted for the MCFTony's Fans
[align=center]by MCF SpaceReporter[/align]
If It’s August, Then It’s Tony Stewart’s Time To Make His Move

CIA Stock Photos
[align=center][/align]
Aug 03, 2007
As the NASCAR Nextel Cup heads into the critical prelude stage of the Chase for the Championship, Stewart is in the midst of his annual surge.
On the other hand, Johnson, the defending Nextel Cup champion, is on a slide as the series comes to Pocono Raceway for its second visit of the summer for Sunday’s Pennsylvania 500.
By Chuck Givler,

Update
by `Space
U read it here first : )

Kyle Bush will be going to Gibbs Racing and joining
Tony, & Denny in 08
10 years contract @ $10 Million a year to Kyle

"2 dare 2 dream"
It's all a Money Game (Race)
`Space

Old 08-04-2007, 03:57 AM

By Dan Gelston,
MCF SpaceReporter
August 3, 2007
Stewart still upset with ESPN's questions, criticism
[/b]
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
LONG POND, Pa. -- Here's another four-letter word stirring up trouble for Tony Stewart: ESPN.
Stewart is fed up with the sports network and he didn't even need to curse to express his frustration with the way he believes some of its analysts have unfairly criticized him. Stewart was upset ESPN chided him for saying he was going to drink a case of beer to celebrate his July 15 win in Chicago, and one analyst even said later that Stewart was not a good role model.
Maybe it was the foul language.

[/align][/align]

Small celebration
Tony Stewart's Indy victory was followed by a fine and penalty for cursing on television.
[ul][*][align=center]Complete story, click here[/align][*][align=center]Stewart wins at Indianapolis[/align][/ul][center][/align][/align][/align][/align]When Stewart was celebrating his win last week at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, he cursed in his post-race interview at the finish line (watch video). The interview was live on ESPN and NASCAR fined Stewart $25,000 and docked him 25 points this week for the inappropriate language.
Stewart talked to the media behind his hauler after qualifying on Friday at Pocono Raceway, and the former champ made it plainly -- and cleanly -- clear that he'll pick and choose when to speak with reporters from ESPN.
"If every time we do an interview and you want to stand here and dig up dirt, you might as well go find somebody else because we'll wait until you leave before we do the rest of the interviews," Stewart said, responding to a question from reporter David Amber.
Stewart pointed around him and wondered why ESPN couldn't ask positive, creative questions like the rest of the media. Stewart has had run-ins with the media before, however, but he took this opportunity to turn the tables and bash the network that is televising Sunday's Pennsylvania 500.
"Every time we've got to deal with somebody from ESPN it's a sharp knife trying to dig for dirt," he said. "I'm not saying they're not fair questions. Do we always have to leave with a dagger on our back from ESPN? That's all I'm curious about."
Maybe he's just upset because he didn't win the oh-so coveted "Who's Now" title.
Stewart, who had just won his second consecutive race when he dedicated the win to all his fans who pull for him and "take all the [expletive] from everybody else," understood why NASCAR disciplined him.
"They needed to do that and you understand why," he said. "It's just one of those deals that you're so excited you're not even thinking about what you're saying. But NASCAR did the right thing."
Stewart, fourth in the points standings, only wished announcers sometimes waited a few minutes before sticking a microphone in his face so soon after a race.
[b]"Obviously, if we had 10 minutes to think about what we were going to say before we said things, it would give us a bigger advantage in not getting in those situations," he said. "But that's why this sport's so exciting. You get to hear the emotion, you get to feel the excitement from drivers or the disappointment, depending on what happens.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 AM

[:@]Harvick upset, but will move forward with Stewart [:@]
Driver says their friendship won't change after Indy race
By
Mark Aumann, NASCAR.COM
August 2, 2007

MONTREAL --
Kevin Harvick, the voice of reason?
The former poster boy for NASCAR road rage, once thrown in the penalty box for a Nextel Cup race at Martinsville for rough driving during a Craftsman Truck Series event earlier in the weekend, Harvick sounded like a changed man Thursday at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Harvick was calm and composed as he discussed his late-race dustup with Tony Stewart last weekend at Indianapolis.
"You just have to pick and choose your battles," Harvick said. "Things happen. It's part of the sport. I'm not going to sit up here and whine about it. It's just something that happens.
"At some point, it'll go the other way and you just hope that it's not something that gets harped upon, if it happens to go that way."
Harvick said he was "caught off-guard" by Stewart's hard bump while racing side-by-side on Indy's long back straight. The resulting damage to the left front fender of Harvick's No. 29 Chevrolet cost him dearly, as he dropped all the way back to seventh place.
Stewart called Harvick "one of my friends" after the race, but what might have bothered Harvick most is Stewart's insistence upon driver etiquette when he doesn't always behave in similar fashion.
"If you're going to preach it, you've got to back it," Harvick said. "That's the biggest thing. I can understand, he probably made a mistake, but when you're on the receiving end ...
"I don't take lightly that we lost a chance to win the Brickyard 400. He was going to pass us and it was just a matter of time. We raced for 15 laps, side-by-side, trading the lead back and forth and gave him plenty of room. From my head it just looks like he got in a hurry, felt a little bit frustrated because he couldn't get by as easily as he wanted to."
What makes last weekend's incident even more interesting is that Harvick has hired Stewart to drive his Busch Series car. Still, Harvick doesn't think there will be any long-term ramifications.
"I don't think you let anything on the track affect your relationship off the racetrack," Harvick said. "Obviously, you expect one thing to happen and it happens another way. For me, it's better to just take some time and think about things, just realize where you are and go from there.
"I wouldn't think it would affect anything off the racetrack and I'll get over it, at some point. We're still good friends and we'll go from there."
So Harvick may be close to losing his "hothead" reputation -- but for now, he's not taking any chances, especially when it comes to returning phone calls from Stewart.
"He's called," Harvick said. "I'm just not answering it."

Also
[ul][center]Bond for Busch, Tryson could be Chase-worthy
Earnhardt waits out rain, steals pole from Busch
Stewart still upset with ESPN's questions, criticism
[URL=http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/08/03/pocono.notes.dhamlin.kbusch.kyb

Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 AM

That's funny that Kyle is going to Gibbs racing and that Gibbs is going with Toyota next year. (Possibly) Also the long standing crap between Tony and Kyle. I dont see Tony stay with Gibbs much longer. Maybe for the sake of the sport he will retire like he has threatened a hundred times.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

see i think nascar needs someone like tony, he gives it a lot more color, and he's very good and very fun to watch....there's no denying he's talented

Old 08-08-2007, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

see i think nascar needs someone like tony, he gives it a lot more color, and he's very good and very fun to watch....there's no denying he's talented
X2. Tony puts asses in the seats and there is no doubt that $$$$ is what NASCAR is all about. We've all seen the contradictory decisions where NASCAR will ignore it's own rules to make someone else the leader. It all boils down to the money and Tony brings that in.