NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Update on Tony Stewart + More

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Update on Tony Stewart + More

[align=center]

The envelope please. And the penalty goes to, Tony Stewart!

CIA Stock Photos[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Aug 01, 2007
No surprises here when NASCAR handed Nextel Cup’s bad boy a $25,000, 25-point penalty on Tuesday that doesn’t even drop him from fifth place in the points race. And so what if Carl Edwards had passed him anyway, Stewart’s still going to be in The Chase where it all starts anew. [/align][align=center]
Stewart didn’t slip when he swore on ESPN’s live victory interview after the Brickyard 400. He got even with ESPN for the opinions of its commentators, Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon. They concluded last week that Stewart is a bad role model for children because he said he was going to drink a case of Schlitz beer after getting his first victory of a frustrating season two weeks ago at Chicagoland. Doug Guthrie, DetNews.com
July 31
NASCAR announced today that Tony Stewart has been fined $25,000 and penalized 25 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series driver championship points, as a result of using inappropriate language during a post-race televised interview following his victory Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Auto Racing Daily
July 30
Tony Stewart faces a possible fine and points deduction after he uttered an expletive during his post-race interview following his win at the Brickyard 400.

Asked about winning his second career NASCAR race at Indianapolis, Stewart told a national television audience, “This one is for everyone in the stands who pull for me and have to take all the bull**** from everyone else.” TSN.ca
July 30, 2007
As he is oft known to do, Tony Stewart used his victor’s pulpit on Sunday to preach on a couple issues on his mind.

And Stewart’s mouth likely has gotten him in a bit of trouble again. In his post-race interview with ESPN Stewart used some blue language that will probably lead to a some sort of punishment from NASCAR. Shawn Courchesne, Courant.com [/align][*][align=center]One is the loneliest number for Nextel Cup teams [/align][*][align=center]JGR Has Two Championship Contenders [/align][*][align=center]Jeff Gordon Rolls Into Pocono Raceway Looking To Sweep Both Races There This Season [/align][*][align=center]Tony Stewart Benefits From The Seeding Process After Capturing Consecutive Wins [/align][*][align=center]Kurt Busch And Ryan Newman Have Their Teams Moving In The Right Direction[/align][ul][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center]more[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 08-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: And the Penalty goes to Tony Stewart + More

At least Tony is reliable.

You can always depend on him to say something goofy.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i can understand him being frustrated with the people though, he's one of the best drivers in nascar today, and nobody needs slamming from the press and news teams, i know he shouldn't have sworn or anything...but i couldn't imagine one of these news guyz saying that to his face...they're probably just whiney little idiots....

sorry for my vent...lol...i dont think he should have sworn but i can understand his frustration

i honestly didn't see the interviews after so i didn't catch what he said...

Old 08-02-2007, 02:57 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Tony Stewart[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Tony says, "I'm the best driver, just ask me[/align][align=center]Now go #$@%# yourself"....[/align]

Old 08-02-2007, 06:50 PM

No comment [8D]

Old 08-03-2007, 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

No comment [8D]
No Comment `J.R. ?
J.R., Thanks for being a loyal fan : )
See you @ Home Depot : )

Old 08-03-2007, 09:38 AM

Tony thanks for being a d1ck and please stay out of my life :p

Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM

I think his attitude is great. He doesn't take any BS. The reporters are so two faced it's not even funny. Tony always speaks his mind and doesn't really change his opinions.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i think you can always count on tony to be like that

whats 25,000$$$ to him...thats pocket change

Old 08-03-2007, 04:18 PM

He is my least favorite driver. Ever since he started I have disliked him. He breaks too many rules. Look at all of the things he has done wrong in the sport. Risking his and other lives by doing things like running on the track and other things likeintentionally wrecking people. He is always on the headlines for doing something wrong. I will admit he is one h*** of a driver but he needs to keep his 5 year old attitude off of the track. Start acting like a man, Tony.

Quick Reply: Update on Tony Stewart + More