NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tony Stewert

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have the conspiracy theories started yet?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Have the conspiracy theories started yet?
Illuminati... when Ward was hit, he, his car and Tony's car made a triangle. #confirmed

Old 08-13-2014, 01:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by red04montels
That's like saying when Dale Sr. was around he should have been forced to quit because he would literally do anything to win.
Well, like Taz said, many (myself included) didn't want Dale Sr to keep racing. The difference is the body count though. Stewart is doing damage out there and that's a fact. The only question is if he is at fault or what he meant to do.

It's Tony's head - it's not right!

Old 08-13-2014, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Well, like Taz said, many (myself included) didn't want Dale Sr to keep racing. The difference is the body count though. Stewart is doing damage out there and that's a fact. The only question is if he is at fault or what he meant to do.

It's Tony's head - it's not right!
Well accidents do happen... If someone walked into Dale Sr's car which resulted them passing, would you want Jr going to jail for something completely out of his control?

Old 08-13-2014, 06:00 PM

15 Year Member

But it does not happen to Jr. Or anyone else. These accidents only seem to involve Tony Stewart. Argue all you want - that is a fact. Tony shouldn't be in the car if it is completely out of his control under caution. But I think Tony can control the car fine. I just don't think Tony can control Tony.

But would I turn against Jr if he kept have such accidents? Absolutely. I call that holding a driver accountable to their actions

Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 AM

Not to argue with you, just a discussion here.... But Stewart does run a lot more races outside of NASCAR. A lot more accidents, maybe true but at what percentage to how many races he runs. Also Kyle Busch runs a lot of races, NASCAR, Nationwide & Truck. Also Stewart is the not the only driver that is a hot head so you can not single him out or say he teaches other drivers how to act. Stewart was not the first driver ever to get out of his car. Ward made his choice to walk towards and into paths of the other cars. Ward had a hot head and is just as much responsible for his own actions.

It is up to parents to teach their children right and wrong. If a child looks up to any sports figure that is fine, but the parent is responsible for molding that child and telling them "just because their idol makes certain choices does not mean you do the same". The expression "lead by example" is for go intentions only.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member

Just a couple of Jr wrecks..

Also... don't forget when Jr. didn't even know where the grass was.. on a bright day, with more vision in this car than Stewart would have had.

It's not fair to say that ONLY Tony Stewart is involved in these 'accidents'.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:45 AM

I think JuniorCar meant causing accidents.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
I think JuniorCar meant causing accidents.
He may have... I've witnessed Junior cause plenty of accidents, not due to him being angry or doing it on purpose.. just due to lack of skill when behind the wheel, as you almost saw in that second video..

Lack of skill = excess anger - when it comes to causing accidents?

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion to be honest, Ward walked right into Tony's car...

Old 08-14-2014, 11:45 AM

15 Year Member

Who did Jr hurt?

Sorry to confuse if I wasn't clear. I didn't really mean accidents at all. I was talking about injuries/ fatalities. Tony is the common denominator. And in the Ward case, Tony wrecked him before he even got out of the car running a series he shouldn't be involved in. Flip it for a second: How would Tony have reacted to Ward wrecking Tony in a Spring Cup race if Ward was making a cameo appearance?

Tony likes to run all these races, but it does interfere with other leagues and championships. By driving so much, he probably does wear himself a little thin - certainly a potential cause of a distracted mental state. He really should have learned a lesson last year.

Do you really think it is a good idea for Tony Stewart to return to Sprint car racing?

Quick Reply: Tony Stewert