NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tony Stewert

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
This just in: making your text bold doesn't make your statements true.

Stewart is the only one that knows for sure. The only thing the rest of us know is a young hotheaded racer got out of his car on a racetrack (cardinal rule of racing, stay in your car unless the ****er is gonna blow up/on fire) to get in the line of cars to point and scream at TS - he unfortunately paid the ultimate price. RIP.
Next you're gonna tell me stripes don't add horsepower.

But really people. Forget all the examples of drivers throwing helmets, water bottles, and such at a passing racecar. Take a step back from your like or dislike of Tony, or any other driver for that matter. And just think to yourself for a while.

We're talking about a professional racecar driver and team owner. Tony had no reason to be mad at Ward. Tony was still in the race, Ward got spun out, wrecked, and was done. Tony had absolutely no reason to hit a defenseless Ward standing out on the track.

Think about this now. Do you honestly believe that Tony would intentionally hit and/or kill Ward? Really? Be honest with yourself. Do you really believe that Tony would throw away his business as a Nascar team owner, his career as a professional Nascar driver, his home, his family, and decide that a 20 year old having a temper tantrum is worth losing everything and going to prison?

We all make bad decisions. It's too bad that Ward let his temper get the best of him, and made the worst decision of his short life. But to say Tony killed him intentionally just blows me away.

Last edited by Taz; 08-12-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

lol you know me Taz, gotta pee in everyone's corn flakes

Old 08-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

That's why we like having you around.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz

But really people. Forget all the examples of drivers throwing helmets, water bottles, and such at a passing racecar. Take a step back from your like or dislike of Tony, or any other driver for that matter. And just think to yourself for a while.

We're talking about a professional racecar driver and team owner. Tony had no reason to be mad at Ward. Tony was still in the race, Ward got spun out, wrecked, and was done. Tony had absolutely no reason to hit a defenseless Ward standing out on the track.

Think about this now. Do you honestly believe that Tony would intentionally hit and/or kill Ward? Really? Be honest with yourself. Do you really believe that Tony would throw away his business as a Nascar team owner, his career as a professional Nascar driver, his home, his family, and decide that a 20 year old having a temper tantrum is worth losing everything and going to prison?

We all make bad decisions. It's too bad that Ward let his temper get the best of him, and made the worst decision of his short life. But to say Tony killed him intentionally just blows me away.
The truth has been spoken.

This is why I eat fruit loops.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

First, don't say it was dark and Tony couldn't see him. A camera phone filmed the whole thing from a distance. Camera phones don't record in the dark, so the track was obviously well lit. At best Tony didn't see him because he wasn't paying close enough attention when driving under caution around the wreck he just caused, which still makes him negligent or incompetent to be driving that car.

I won't dismiss Tony's helmet throwing history. That was a perfect example of Tony's violent, dangerous and irrational behavior in the past. Everyone laughed that off, but if that helmet bounced off that car a killed someone we would have had this conversation back then. And Matt Kenseth had not even wronged Tony then either, but he still freaked out in a potentially dangerous way. It doesn't have to make sense for it to be Tony Stewart.

I think the video clearly shows that Tony ran Ward's car into the wall. The may have been completely accidental - he may have just gotten loose. The video doesn't show what lead up to that. But Tony may very well have been fired up about something Ward had done on track or the way Ward had been racing him. Tony has a history of freaking out about the way others race him when they actually did nothing wrong (Logano's "block" in California early last year). To say Tony had no ill will towards Ward when this went down is to give Tony more credit than he deserves.

I don't think Tony premeditated murder. I would not go that far. I think he thought he'd show that kid a thing or 2 by spraying dirt at him. And all the Tony shills of the world would find that funny and cute like they did when he threw the helmet, or like they did when he attacked Joey. The loud Tony fans of the world have never held Tony accountable to his actions. It was just fine when he drove into Michael Waltrip trying to block at Talledega wrecking the whole field and just about ending Dale Jr's career. It was just racing when he cause the 15 car pile up breaking Alyssa Ruggles back last year. And now the loud Tony fans would defend him on this and put him right back out there racing.

So here is my question. At what point would you say enough is enough in regards to Tony Stewart? Does that guy need to start racing with a gun in his car and shooting his fellow competitors? Would that be going too far? Cause the guy is doing countless damage to the future of racing and future drivers, even if we're only talking about him teaching young driver to behave like him. Which was the only mistake Kevin Ward Jr. made....

Old 08-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz

I think Tony didn't mean to kill him. I think he thought he'd show that kid a thing or 2 by spraying dirt at him. An Ward was too close to Tony's car as he passed him..

Old 08-13-2014, 09:11 AM
10 Year Member

That's like saying when Dale Sr. was around he should have been forced to quit because he would literally do anything to win.

Tony's helmet throwing is just part of the sport, he was purposely run down and caused to crash. This is obvious in that video. But, also notice that he didn't step into the car when throwing the helmet, he stayed back. Maybe if Ward had done this he would still be alive today.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Mitch, there were a lot of people who did wish Dale Sr would've quit or got booted from racing (before his fatal crash). Many people called Dale Sr the dirtiest driver ever in Nascar. Because he had no problem taking cars out just to win. That's why the cars would part like Moses did with the waters. Cars would get out of his way to avoid getting taken out. Which is what earned him the title "The Intimidator".

Tony, or any driver for that matter, standing off to the side and throwing a helmet is still a bad idea. But there's a big difference between standing off to the side, and walking into the path of two speeding racecars. Don't forget, Kevin Ward just narrowly missed getting hit by the car in front of Tony.

Last edited by Taz; 08-13-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:05 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Mitch, there were a lot of people who did wish Dale Sr would've quit or got booted from racing (before his fatal crash). Many people called Dale Sr the dirtiest driver ever in Nascar. Because he had no problem taking cars out just to win. That's why the cars would part like Moses did with the waters. Cars would get out of his way to avoid getting taken out. Which is what earned him the title "The Intimidator".

Tony, or any driver for that matter, standing off to the side and throwing a helmet is still a bad idea. But there's a big difference between standing off to the side, and walking into the path of two speeding racecars. Don't forget, Kevin Ward just narrowly missed getting hit by the car in front of Tony.
Yeah I know, but that's really the art of racing. Maybe a little less today as safety measures have increased.

I don't disagree that throwing a helmet is a bad idea, but he didn't go to the effect of basically walking into the car like Ward did. That's been my argument since the occurrence. The car in front of him nearly did the same exact thing and actually accelerated to try and avoid him, which kicked the rear end out a bit, just like people are saying Tony apparently did.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:59 AM

I agree with the last 3 posts.

There is another video now that they are reviewing and sounds like no charges will be pressed. I still have not found the second video.

Quick Reply: Tony Stewert