NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tony Stewert

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tony has done it himself, ran up to a car to show hes upset, that happens all the time in races when you get wrecked, its actually really common

Old 08-10-2014, 02:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the video! I was there for that one - right in front of me, I was about 20 rows up. And it's a good example of Tony's reckless irrational behaviour cuz Kenseth hadn't even wronged him. Danica Patrick also wrecked and got out of her car under caution to flip someone off that same race. But she didn't throw a helmet. She is classier than that.

I can blame the fans for Tony behaviour because they never hold him accountable. Everyone would want to hang Kyle Busch if it had been him. But with Tony, it's always treated as cute - "Oh, that's just Tony being Tony". And it it goes unchecked and it grows and gets worse like a disrespectful child. And still the Tony shills will defend him now and pretend that Ward did something wrong by get PO'd at Tony for running him into the wall.

I apologize for offending anyone, but I am quite passionate about this because I knew something like this was going to happen with this guy. I need to step away tho...

Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The one thing I think Tony needs to answer for here if nothing else - why did he rev his engine that close to an accident site with a driver that close to him?

Old 08-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I saw the video from youtube that most other people saw. It's hard to make a fair judgement based on shakey cell phone video.

Now let me just say this. I'm sorry for the loss of Ward. And sincere condolences to his family. I'm not a big Tony Stewart fan, but I don't dislike him either. But this is exactly the reason why drivers are not supposed to walk around an active racetrack.

Our parents (hopefully) told us when we were kids not to play in traffic. I understand when you're angry, you tend to do things you wouldn't normally do. But Kevin Ward should've waited for Tony after the race, and settled it like men away from speeding cars.

I don't usually watch sprint car racing. But I hear that visibility to the side is horrible. Kevin was wearing a black fire suit and a black helmet. The idea that any driver would purposely hit another over what was a relatively minor incident is hard to swallow. The thought Tony Stewart would do it on purpose is unthinkable.

What motive did Tony have for intentionally driving over (with the potential to kill) Kevin Ward? Tony wasn't the one who got spun out. If anything, the motive would be the other way around. I find it hard to believe Tony would drive over him, just to make a point not to walk on an active racetrack.

Last edited by Taz; 08-10-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:22 PM

...and just like most athletes he's gonna walk with a slap on the hand. (If he gets that much)

Old 08-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think Tony could have turned down he missed juged it the kid got to close so sorry

Old 08-10-2014, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

This incident is unfortunate on both sides...

My deepest sympathy and condolences to the ward family.

Prayers and Blessings go out to both Familys.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I saw the video from youtube that most other people saw. It's hard to make a fair judgement based on shakey cell phone video.

Now let me just say this. I'm sorry for the loss of Ward. And sincere condolences to his family. I'm not a big Tony Stewart fan, but I don't dislike him either. But this is exactly the reason why drivers are not supposed to walk around an active racetrack.

Our parents (hopefully) told us when we were kids not to play in traffic. I understand when you're angry, you tend to do things you wouldn't normally do. But Kevin Ward should've waited for Tony after the race, and settled it like men away from speeding cars.

I don't usually watch sprint car racing. But I hear that visibility to the side is horrible. Kevin was wearing a black fire suit and a black helmet. The idea that any driver would purposely hit another over what was a relatively minor incident is hard to swallow. The thought Tony Stewart would do it on purpose is unthinkable.

What motive did Tony have for intentionally driving over (with the potential to kill) Kevin Ward? Tony wasn't the one who got spun out. If anything, the motive would be the other way around. I find it hard to believe Tony would drive over him, just to make a point not to walk on an active racetrack.
The best thought out response, you have made some very sensible points, hear his lawers might be hiring advisors.

Kind of gives a new meaning to the phrase "He got Smoked!"

No mercy for the madman.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:45 AM

Sad, Sad event!! I cant see Tony purposely hitting him though! my thought ,however is why he is allowed to race these kind of "lower" races? I mean he is a "professional" Nascar driver! he should not be allowed to compete on this level, to me its kinda like letting an NFL player play on a High school football team!!?? I also have always said I don't think Nascar drivers should be able to race the lower sprint car races or truck races! these are for up and coming drivers without the financial backing etc. trying to make it, not fair to race "pro" teams!! again...just my opinion!

Old 08-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

The fact that Tony and other drivers have gotten out of their car and done the same thing doesn't make it any less of a bad idea. Doing it on a paved track just means they have more traction to avoid the raging driver running all over the track.

What if Tony did miss Ward? Any number of things could've happened. Another driver could've hit him instead, he could've caused a chain reaction accident of drivers swerving to miss him, etc.

If anything comes out of this, there should be more discipline dished out to any driver throwing a temper tantrum on a live racetrack. Discourage drivers from thinking about doing it in the first place.

Quick Reply: Tony Stewert