NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Texas!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1 Kevin Harvick
2 Greg Biffle
3 Carl Edwards

Thanks Duane for keeping us informed on when the race starts......

Three things to watch for …

Harvick <CITE>1. Kevin Harvick can go for broke:</CITE> With two wins in his pocket, Harvick has said he and his team can take some risks knowing they likely have a berth in the Chase all but wrapped up thanks to the new wild card. Even if they aren't running well enough to win, Harvick is the one guy who could afford to gamble on fuel mileage just for kicks.
<CITE>2. Jimmie Johnson vs. Harvick, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards:</CITE> Assuming these are the four most legit championship contenders in the early going, it will be interesting to see how Johnson matches up against his competition on a 1.5-mile track. Whoever is best on this type of track in the Chase will likely win the title. This is an early look to see who has the inside track.
<CITE>3. Denny Hamlin must wake up:</CITE> Last year, Hamlin used victories at Martinsville and Texas to launch his championship run. He finished a horrible (by his standards) 12th a week ago at Martinsville, and now heads to Texas as a full-blown underdog. It's not must-win time for Hamlin, but if he gets left behind by the aforementioned title contenders, it'll be cause for concern in the 11 camp.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1. Harvick, to show he's not the only one to get on a winning streak.
2. Edwards, cuz he's so great at being the 1st place loser.
3. Kenseth, just because.

4. Jimmie J.
5. Bowyer.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM

lets get ready to go racing boys!, get the food off the grill and if you can drink crack open a long neck and sit back, for me its a sweet tea XD, enjoy the race everyone and good luck

Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm home from my cruise in!! We usually have 40 cars or so... rain kept all but 8 at home. Had it not been for the fact that I had to return my a/c compressor, dryer, and oriface tube to O'Reillys, right beside where the cruise in is held, I may have never gone because I thought hte compressor was bad, turns out that I was just low on freon... glad my dad and I hooked up the gauges. So we took it back for our $312 back. We put one of the first charge freon kits that has the oil in it and it also did away with a lot of the noise my compressor was making which was making me think the compressor was gone. Glad I got to save the money for now.

Today also marks a Torino land mark... 2 years ago today that car rode home on a car trailer... I know the day because April 9th was Maundy Thursday in 2009, and today marked 2 years to teh day that I brought it home. I gave it the correct valve covers. A 390 GT engine came with chrome valve covers that said "Power by Ford" on them. I had a set that said "Power by Ford", but it was off a '68 Galaxy. I got the right set now and put them on yesterday, which was the day I did an initial inspection and left a deposit to pick up the car the next day.

Coincidently, the car got to take it's first ride in the rain today after coming home from teh show... got a little heavier than expected, but it's a Ford and it cna take it

Here are the pictures the day I picked it up... 2 years ago today...

Here she is today...

And new valve covers...

I'm ready for some Texas racing today!!! First time I've set back to watch a whole race in a while... always tinkering with stuff outside, like painting that bed last week. But I like night races because less things tend to get in the way of them for me to watch them. Go my picks!

Good luck to you guys.... I think it's going to be a close one on the MCF today.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 04-09-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:55 PM

5 Year Member

Here are some pictures from the cruise in if you guys are interested..

These are the 6 main cars... I had teh only Ford... 2 Chevroelts, a Buick, and Oldsmobile, and a Plymouth. Two rat rods.

Wimpys.... based on some old cartoon or something..

Old 04-09-2011, 07:03 PM

5 Year Member

Next time they're showing Jeff Gordon's car... pay attention to where the yellow and red on the Dupont paint job start/stop. Soembody in the fab shop, at least I think, put the tape in the wrong place... not detrimental, just too much yellow in the car, me thinks..... compare the car today to this picture...

I guess you could argue they have a new front end so that doesn't matter anymore. I think everyone has a pick or two running in the top 10 right now... very early. Look where the Impala words are on that picture vs. where it is on the car Jeff is running tonight....

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 04-09-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 PM

5 Year Member

Ford's run top 3, but Edwards isn't one of them.... they're running a little hot too.... hmmmm...... hope they make it!!!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Penske Dodge's and their 2 tires might bite them. I love that Cutlass.....

Old 04-09-2011, 08:15 PM

5 Year Member

Yeah, kind of biting them. My biggest surprise so far is that Ragan hasn't fallen on his rear yet. He's running well.... so far, I did good picking Kenseth over Edwards too... but it's a long way from over. Looks like Kurt Busch was having one of his patented blow ups in the car just a moment ago.....

A few guys are slipping their way to the front... Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Clint Bowyer has moved into the Top 5.... and they just said he's the fastest car on the track too.. 77GP made a good call there it looks like. Stewart is lurking just outside the top 10, waiting on Harvick to start making his moves.....

Old 04-09-2011, 08:35 PM

5 Year Member

It's going to be interesting... we all have picks who are running top 5 or top 10, and we all have a pick running in the high teens and 20's.... a loto f guys took Harvick or Gordon... the guys who took Harvick have good news, early pit mishaps not related to the 29 set them back early... but they aren't rebounding as strongly as one may hope. I don't think anyone has a pick out of the race yet or anything.... right at halfway. Looking like a good race so far.

Quick Reply: Picks for Texas!!!!