NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Talladega

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My picks
1) Dale Earnhardt Jr
2) Tony Stewart
3) Kyle Busch

Old 04-16-2011, 08:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay, so to clarify, my picks are

1. Dale Jr.
2. Mark Martin
3. Jimmie Johnson

I hate to leave Gordon out, but Martin has proven fast and I'll hate myself if he picks up a win without me pickin' him. His luck is due to change. Jimmie is solid and Junior is on a roll and heavily favored to win.

But I can pretty much guarantee nobody can pick the top 3. Someone will fluke their way into a top 3, if not a win. 2 guys I wouldn't mind puttin' 2 bucks on: Landon Cassill qualified 6th in the 09 Finch Racing car. He seems much more poised to win this then underdog Brad Keselowski was when he won in the same car 2 years ago. David Ragan was the fastest Ford in qualifying (7th) and has shown strength in restrictor place racing. He sees this as what Daytona could have been (if he hadn't blown the second last restart).

How about little (old) Nemo in the Nationwide race? He seems like a much better rep for Extenze hardon' pillz. He deserves to not be my pick for last this week, and MacDowell missed the race! So who's the quitter?

last: Bill Elliot
1st caution: Kevin Conway
# of cautions: 10

And lets try to pick number of car involved in the Big One...

Cars involved: 11

I have to give credit to Pyle Buschit for that Nationwide race. He was the one to cause the Big One in that race and at the eye of the storm, still survived it and won the race. I didn't think that was possible. Still doesn't mean those Toyota engines can run 500 miles flat out - they've had a problem with that this year.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow... going out on the man who set and still holds the track record at this place, and once came from 2 laps down in 1985 to win at Talladega as your last place pick? The historian frowns at hte thought of Bill Elliott if he lets his career come to the point where he finishes last at Talladega... man loves going fast. I say Landon Cassill or Michael McDowell slings a rod 9 laps into hte race myself. And I do believe Jimmie Johnson has won far more races than Junior.... unless you mistyped... which I hope you did. I had lost my faith in Dale Jr. for a while... it's somewhat restored... I have more hope in him than I ever have in about 5-6 years.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

1 Clint Boyer
2 Kevin Harvick
3 Dale Jr

Old 04-17-2011, 06:06 AM

Space Picks

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Dale Jr
3. David Ragan
=============
Hope EveryOne Enjoys the Race.
I will be listening from the `Beach I hope : )
=========================
RACE: Talladega
1 p.m. ET Sunday on

Note: Yesterdays Nationwide series

Last edited by Space; 04-17-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1. Harvick leading ONLY the "money lap" taking the lead coming out of turn 4.
2. Newman, being pushed by his boss, Tony.
3. Bowyer, cuz he's the rear of the 2 car freight train right behind Harvick.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:59 AM

5 Year Member

Can't think of anyone we're missing....

Now, as far as wehn I calculate points... I might be outside working this afternoon. I try to come in for the end of a race though. But here is the thing... if it's one of these leader takes teh white flag, and NASCAR throws a caution (even though all the contenders have cleared the accident), and the field is frozen.... I'm probably not going to compute everything immediately. Thing is, people who were side by side keep on disputing their finish, like last year, they immediately scored Hamlin ahead of both Johnson and Gordon, hwen in fact he finished behind both of them.... little things like that. I'm not going to make the results and then have to edit them 2 hours later.... easier to just figure it out once. If we make it to the line, I'll try to be on it immediately though.

Enjoy the race guys, and may all your picks be involved in the big one... unless they're also one of my picks....

Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Could that have been the big one for the day? Almost got all you Earnhardt pickers.
Well it looks like Steve Park has earned his last name today. Start and Park. That sucks.

Last edited by 77gp; 04-17-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Could that have been the big one for the day? Almost got all you Earnhardt pickers.
Well it looks like Steve Park has earned his last name today. Start and Park. That sucks.
L Thats pretty good! I never thought, but he should be the poster child of the park. Steve "The Park" Park!

Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 PM

5 Year Member

Well the hat picks are doing about like I expected them to.... just have to see what happens with a few laps to go. I might be clear coating a pair of fenders when the checkered flag drops.... hope Kurt Busch isn't behind any of our picks when the last laps come on!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 04-17-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Picks for Talladega