NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Richmond!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm pretty PO'd harvick is starting the chase in 3rd place, he was in first most of the year! I swear if johnson wins a 5th straight, I will never watch another race as long as I live!!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Damn, I called 1 and 2!!!! I messed up on the manufacutrers though.... what a run by some of those Toyota guys!!!

Great picks `Duane, you just won another free year membership to the MCF
If you would've bet in Vegas U would've won `Big : )

I did not get to watch or listen to the Race : (,
but I am really happy to have the net & be able to
check out and see the results on Nascar.com

I was happy 2 C that Joey L got 4th & I did pick
J.J. for third position, but they were all a guess : )
Looks like Dale Jr did not do 2 well
Congrat's to Denny Hamlin 4 the win & beating Kyle B : )
Kyle is a SuperTalented Driver, but I just don't seem to
get his personality, but the kid sure can win
Thanks EveryOne that posted/play the pick game : )
p.s. Chris, it's just a Race : ) & on2 the `Chase : )

Chasing Denny

The Chase field is set, and Denny Hamlin has ascended to the top by virtue of his series-leading sixth win of the season, at Richmond. And he's not about to stop there.

Richmond: Results | Standings | Lap-by-Lap | Shop: Winner's gear | Chase gear
Richmond, Va.
Showers 63°
Forecast

Hamlin riding wave of momentum to Chase

Says his No. 11 team is more than capable of capturing the title.
15 Comments
Press Pass: Hamlin

JGR teammates set
to make Chase runs

Menzer: Hamlin, Busch have matured into serious title threats.
13 Comments
SPEED 'Fan Finish'

Bowyer sought to make a statement

Says he and the No. 33 team need to get better at finishing races.
3 Comments
Sound Off: Bowyer

Final Laps: Hamlin staves off Busch

Kyle Busch supplies late pressure but doesn't have enough to keep pace with Denny Hamlin.
Victory Lane: Hamlin

Race Rewind: All the Richmond highlights

Greg Biffle and Clint Bowyer clinch Chase spots and Denny Hamlin wins to take Chase lead.
Post-race reactions

Four-time champion set to begin defense

Jimmie Johnson talks about this year's Chase competition and his drive for five.
Shop: Johnson gear

Harvick confident despite losing lead

Talks about RCR's turnaround and how competitive he believes he can be in the Chase.
Shop: Harvick gear

It's anyone's Chase, why not Edwards?

Carl Edwards talks about how the Chase is up for grabs more so than any other year.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:35 AM

It was an alright race I guess.

I think Junior ought to just hang it up though. What was he like 4 laps down? he wasn't even racing - he was just out for a Sat cruise night.

Pathetic performance.

And at least Hamlin held out Kyle.

But it makes me sick.... 30 plus minutes of song singing, prayer, the Pledge of allegiance, and the obligatory flyover of US fighters uninterrupted....

and then they cut away for commerical 10 laps into the race.

Puke.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It was a boring race again. What was there like 3 cautions? 'Space - you would have been really happy with Logano. Junior & Martin continue to suck. I think Junior just really over achieved in qualifying - he was something like 38Th fastest in practice. I was please enough with Denny winning (especially over Kyle) and I would cheer him to the championship if it weren't for that Toyota he's driving. I kinda like Carl, Gordon, Bowyer & even Jimmie so I don't know who I'm routing for yet...

Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM

...Hi `Brent,
It's funny that you just posted about Joey L...(I just got finished reading on the web about the race & about how `Joey ran last nite.
Below is the article I read about him in NASCAR News.
(I just like his talent/attitude/actions; I do envy him & wish I had his talent & his job of racing Powerful Machines : )

Oh, I had to work, but `if I could've went in late I still would have enjoyed watching the race on TV, but I do like listening to the race also on MRN Radio (they call a great race & don't have all the commericals & keeps you updated on where everyone is on the track) The T.V. guys or camera crew just seems to be focusing on the top five in the race....

It's going to be a interesting chase this year, and I'm sure not ready to choose a winner for the Cup. I also hope that Jr gets it 2gether
next year : ( & I think Mark Martin is driving to conservatively running with all the YoungBloods on the track that doesn't have the experience, or the wisdom of a driver like `Mark Martin

Until next week, we shall choose our favorites again.....
Have a `Happy : )~*
__________________________________________________ ____

2010 Richmond II: Joey Logano NASCAR Sprint Cup Race Quotes - P4

JOEY LOGANO, No. 20 Home Depot Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing Finishing Position: 4th

Joey, What adjustments did the team make to your car during the race?

"It was interesting – in the first round I felt like I was pretty good and a little tight in the center. We freed it up a little bit and it took a turn for the worst in the second run and we went down a lap. Got the ‘lucky dog’ and tightened up the car and it really took off after that. The car was still tight, but I was able to turn the wheels in the turn so that was good and that was pretty cool for me and the Home Depot guys. This was good and we needed a good run. It’s been a while since we had a solid run. We’ve had fast race cars, but its good to be able to bring home a good finish like everyone deserves here. Awesome day for Joe Gibbs Racing, that’s for sure."

Joey, How important was it for Joe Gibbs Racing to have all three cars finish in the top-three?

"It’s a big day for Joe Gibbs Racing for sure. I was nervous that we weren’t going to be able to do that today. I was excited about how well the car came back today. The team tightened me up and the car came right back to life and I was able to drive right back to the front. I’m just excited about it and we needed a good, solid run and a top-five is definitely what that was."
..I hope his a future Champ the `kid
Joey Logano Fan Website
Sep 6, 2010 ... Posted on September 11th, 2010 by Jean. Joey Logano started from the 6th position in ... Previous results at Richmond International Raceway ...
www.gojoeylogano.com/ - Cached - Similar

Above link has some great vid's & infor on Joey L.
If you have time ?~>cHECk it `Out....I think you'll be a fan 2 : )

Wish the reader of this a `Happy
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 09-12-2010 at 02:02 PM.