NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Phoenix!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Racing is my life too! But I don't know how much more of this Pyle Buschit I can take. I don't believe for a second that he was driving a legal car yesterday, and I can't explain why Nascar keep bottle feeding him wins. I know Nascar handed him that sweep at Bristol last year - I was there for that. During the truck race Pyle was going into turn 3 on the last wreck, but they didn't throw the caustion cause if they had to restart again he would have run out of gas. Similiar yesterday - with 4 laps to go we got a car on the track barely moving - no caution. Then Brian Scott hits the wall - no caution. Carl might have had something for him.

But the worst thing I ever saw in racing, regarding Pyle Buschit, happened at my home short track Delaware last year. I know, on insider information, that his car was as illegal as hell when he won that. The company I work for "hosted" the event and I had a lot of guy down in the pits who told me what went on. The late model division he ran in there has cars which must all be built by McColl racing. When Kyle's "special built" car showed up to the track it didn't have the McColl's engine in it anymore. Also, noticeable to the trained ear during the racing, the car had no governor like the rest of them did. Even more interesting, Kyle Busch showed up with his own front shocks! This was weird because nobody - I mean nobody - was allowed to touch them. He actually installed them himself and took them when he left. Which is slightly impressive because I didn't think he knew that much about cars and mechanics. Anyways, he went on to win his first race at Delaware and broke every track record. I don't know why Delaware officials wanted this, but it happened.

So I gotta make some picks, and I don't pick guys who win fixed races because before the race I like to think this one isn't going to be fixed. Otherwise I'd have no interest. Well maybe if they told a better story - I do like professional wrestling too.

I was going to pick Martin, but he was way too slow in qualifying. Toyota's were fast, dammit! (I still ain't pick those either - sorry Joey!)

1. Carl Edwards
2. Brad Keselowski
3. Mark Martin (but not for the win)

last: Dave Blaney
first caution: Micheal MacDowell
# of cautions: 4

It'll be a crappy race anyways. Even I might not watch the whole thing...

Old 02-27-2011, 08:04 AM

Well Golly `Brent,
U don't like `Pyle Buschit ~> LOL

Thanks always 4 your posts & Funnie's 4-Sure

Old 02-27-2011, 08:51 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great commentary this week guys!

Brent, Trevor Bayne won one race.. I want to see him run more consistently for a longer time before I declare him the next big thing. Remember Derrick Cope? What about Jamie Mac who win out and won like his 3rd race? What a flop in the breeze that was as far as I'm concerned.

And as for him getting a full time ride, well, I agree with what Brent said last year when he claimed that if he were Jack Roush, he would be getting rid of David Ragan and replacing him with Trevor Bayne ASAP!

Hey Brent.... it's really good for a track like thats publicity to have a big name star like that come set track records. And as far as shocks go.... well, they're one of the easiest things on a car to replace, especially an open wheel... so any moron can do it!! Seriously, 4 bolts off, 4 bolts on... sometimes just 2, but I like to lock 2 together on each end to make sure it stays better.

You can stick with the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge picks if you want... but the Toyotas are here to stay and barring mechanical issues or bad luck, they're going to run well. You can either pick them or lose the championship to me!!! And if the race is rigged... well, much like the 1919 World Series, you better be betting on the right side

Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 AM

15 Year Member

I wasn't the one who said he was the next big thing - that was RocknSS04. Your right Duane, a lot of "plugs" have won the Daytona 500. But remember how terrible Joey was his time at Daytona? Anyways, I do think Trevor Bayne could be the next big thing. My expectations of him aren't so high today tho.

Jamie Mac won his second race, just like Trevor...

I know changing shocks is easy - you could train a monkey to do it. But I'm still surprised Pyle Buschit (aka PeeWee Herman) could do it. They must have spent weeks training him (with banana for reward)

Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 AM

5 Year Member

Crap... think I meant to say that first line to Wayne...

Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Default Lmao!

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Well Golly `Brent,
U don't like `Pyle Buschit ~> LOL

Thanks always 4 your posts & Funnie's 4-Sure
This is very funny and true also!

Old 02-27-2011, 01:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

I am only counting 10 of us today. Maybe I can pass 3 people since I am last. Good Luck all.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:58 PM

5 Year Member

The closing window is closing.... the picks need to be in an hour before green flag.. the ones posted are the ones getting points.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

everytime I see the Pennzoil car I think it's Harvick...his bud car is imposslible to spot on the track....

Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 PM

15 Year Member

He's not in a Bud car this week, but that is what I said about the black car to begin with. Blends in!

...Logano has engine troubles and drops off. Hopefully that mean all the JGR engines fail...

Quick Reply: Picks for Phoenix!!!