NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks for Phoenix!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:42 PM

1. 48 Jimmie Johnson 2. 16 Greg Biffle 3. 14 Tony Stewart 1st caution ... Kyle Busch Last place Trevor Bayne <center>

Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well... Gordon and Johnson aren't as fast in practice as one would like them to be. But as we all know, practice speeds aren't always indicative of results in the race. Ragan and Edwards were fast in practice 2. Biffle is up there... Hamlin and Kyle Busch are on up there. So much for the Bayne mania.. .the he hit the wall on the first lap of practice. Whoopsie. Joey Logano was starting to show that he was really good at flat tracks last year with good runs at Richmond, Martinsville, New Hampshire, and Phoenix!!! I think he was third here last year. Denny Hamlin led all day and the fuel mileage of that Camry screwed him up in the fall. I'm thinking JGR and Roush are going to have a show down, so my three picks will most likely come from these two organizations. I'm looking at Hamlin, Kyle Busch, Edwards, and Biffle.... but Biffle hasn't historically been a good flat tracker. I've got an eye on Joey... I think that guy is going to get a win in somewhere this year. It would be cool if in the first 2 weeks of the season, the winners have not been old enough to drink yet....

Old 02-26-2011, 06:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm still holding out until the last second to make my pics. But I assure you I won't be picking Pyle Busch. The truck race last night sucked.

On the David Regan thing: I agree with the Nascar call and disgree with Spencer (I usually do - I don't like the guy). David pulled down far enough to block before the line, and the situation was made worse by Tony pulling up beside him before the line. The other were perhaps a little out of their lines, but not out of position and not blocking anyone

Old 02-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Well... Gordon and Johnson aren't as fast in practice as one would like them to be. But as we all know, practice speeds aren't always indicative of results in the race. Ragan and Edwards were fast in practice 2. Biffle is up there... Hamlin and Kyle Busch are on up there. So much for the Bayne mania.. .the he hit the wall on the first lap of practice. Whoopsie. Joey Logano was starting to show that he was really good at flat tracks last year with good runs at Richmond, Martinsville, New Hampshire, and Phoenix!!! I think he was third here last year. Denny Hamlin led all day and the fuel mileage of that Camry screwed him up in the fall. I'm thinking JGR and Roush are going to have a show down, so my three picks will most likely come from these two organizations. I'm looking at Hamlin, Kyle Busch, Edwards, and Biffle.... but Biffle hasn't historically been a good flat tracker. I've got an eye on Joey... I think that guy is going to get a win in somewhere this year. It would be cool if in the first 2 weeks of the season, the winners have not been old enough to drink yet....
Biffle finished 2nd to the 48 car at the PIR Pepsi 500 in 2009 and Biffle loves PIR. Biffle has 3 wins in the Busch Series there also.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:57 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Alright... Carl Edwards and his Subway paint job are on the poll for the Subway race!!!

Well I like to spread my picks out... you pick a bunch of Joe Gibbs cars, they coudl run out of gas, have a problem... but Jimmie qualified 28th!! Hendrick was arguably falling behind last week... and I want to see some solid proof that that reorganization was the best for that whole team... I'm not convinced Jr. can't pull Johnson down.

So for my three picks... here we go!

1) Carl Edwards
2) Kyle Busch
3) Kurt Busch... the outside pole sitter!!

Let's go racing, boys!!

Old 02-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1) Tony Stewart 2) Jeff Gordon 3)Kurt Busch

Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1 Truex
2 Harvick
3 Edwards

Old 02-27-2011, 03:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Edwards
Hamlin
Harvick

Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 AM

Space Picks
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Joey Logano
3. Tony Stewart

First Caution: Robbie Gordon
10 cautions
Last Place: Space & Brian Vickers
======================
Member's, EnJoy the `Race
Thanks `Duane

Last edited by Space; 02-27-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I did SOOOOOOO good last week picking MY driver Harvick for the WIN, that MAYBE my luck will rub off AGAIN this week and make my pick for the win finish LAST!

1. Kyle Busch (led EVERY lap yesterday)
2. Carl Edwards (1st place LOSER!)
3. Tony Stewart

I think the new kid Trevor Bayne will do good and pull an top 10. He drove a PERFECT race at Daytona. The kid is OBVIOUSLY talented, and proved he can run in the big leagues. Is HE the driver to bring back the #21 Woods Brother to the winners circle with consistency?? He gained the respect of most everyone on the track last week, including me. With Rousch providing equipment for the Woods Bros', LOOK OUT NASCAR! Give him a year in the Nationwide series, and we're going to have a new "superstar" in NASCAR in the chute. I would LOVE to see him run full time in the cup series next year. BUT, this is an expensive game, and the Woods Bros MUST cross their T's and dot their I's, and they'll STILL struggle like Petty is.

God bless ALL the older teams trying to hang on. Racing is the ONLY thing they know how to do. It's their LIFE.

Quick Reply: Picks for Phoenix!!!